*** OFFICIAL CHIEFS @ DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** OFFICIAL CHIEFS @ DOLPHINS GAME THREAD *** Week 3

List of quarterbacks I have seen in my life who were as good as Dan Marino:

-

List of quarterbacks other than Dan Marino who were so good coming out of college that they set records in their 2nd seasons that stood for over 20 years:

-

Criticize the QB for his play. Don't compare him to the best ever. He ain't that. Nobody is.

Marino pushed 2 super bowl starting QB's to the bench and he was drafted 27th. RT was drafted 9th.
Marino was hitting receivers in stride before he started his first game.
All of this "getting in sync" is just BS. You have the ability or you don't.
RT is not a long ball QB. He didn't win many games at Texas AM, and he has a losing record as a starter in the NFL.
He is a mid round talent reach that is lucky to have this opportunity. He better get up to speed.
Philbin will let him muddle along, but Lazor will not. This is make or break for RT IMHO.

My heart wants you to be wrong but it's hard to draw any other conclusion after the first two weeks of this season...

For me, especially after the way we lost last week, this game is like a precipice for Philbin, Lazor, and Tannehill. Will we be able to get our sh*t together and stay safely on the ledge to live another day, or is this team gonna fall head first down the face of a cliff? I want to believe we are determined and focused and am hoping for a solid win over the Chiefs!

Reports are Jamall Charles is not expected to play.

List of quarterbacks I have seen in my life who were as good as Dan Marino:

-

List of quarterbacks other than Dan Marino who were so good coming out of college that they set records in their 2nd seasons that stood for over 20 years:

-

Criticize the QB for his play. Don't compare him to the best ever. He ain't that. Nobody is.

There will never be another Dan Marino. He shattered the record books. He was an A+
Setting the bar lower for RT is just homerism as its finest. Until he starts to play better, and does something to make a difference in the outcome of game, I will point it out.
Right now, having him play as well as Matt Ryan or Andrew Luck (both of whom are nothing special (B+) - and picked in the same area of the draft) is a lofty goal for him.
I would give RT a C. He is under performing and limiting the OC's play calling because of his limitations.
That is how I see it.
Philbin is just happy to be a HC so he will not make waves and be patient. Lazor, on the other hand is rapidly rising and he will have little patience with RT if he cannot run the offense effectively.
In the end, I would not be surprised to see changes at the end of he year.
My hope is that the team will continue searching for a better QB. That is what Shula always did.

I would settle for Andy Dalton or Alex Smith.

I'm glad that there are more and more guys coming around to the proper tone towards Tannehill. He is what he is, never going to elevate much beyond what we have already seen. You'll get a nice game out of him every now and then, but he's just another guy.

"settle" for Dalton?

Dalton is actually a very good qb. Best qb of that draft.

If our ceiling is Andy Dalton he will be a bust. Dalton reminds me a lot of bum shoulder Chad Pennington. You ask him to carry the team on his back and you're gonna get three picks on a playoff Sunday.

Point is RT is regressing folks, not improving. I want to see progress. He was better last year.

Tannehill is a big part of the problem. He is not very good after all. I do not hate the guy, I want him to be a great QB, but I am not seeing any great leap this year thus far.

He needs to play better, that is for sure.

I'm glad that there are more and more guys coming around to the proper tone towards Tannehill. He is what he is, never going to elevate much beyond what we have already seen. You'll get a nice game out of him every now and then, but he's just another guy.
Why would people thinking something make you glad?

Why would people thinking something make you glad?

Because the delusional tone around here regarding Tannehill is ridiculous. We are 3 yrs in and we're sitting around acting like he's still a rookie and might turn in to something. He's pretty much Chad Henne 2.0.

He's pretty much Chad Henne 2.0.
Way to go out on a limb there pal.

Look, it's easy to write the kid off based on what we've seen thus far.

But perhaps we should wait and see how the year plays out first before we declare him a scrub.

Just maybe he performs admirably today and gets back in your good graces and is deemed the second coming again by all the bandwagoners.

Back
Top Bottom