Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread!

Section126 said:
2:31 102-93 Official Timeout. GAME OVER...THE FOULING BEGINS.

2:29 102-93 Chauncey Billups Personal Foul. His 4th Personal Foul.
2:29 Dwyane Wade made Free Throw 1 of 2. 103-93
2:29 Dwyane Wade made Free Throw 2 of 2. 104-93
2:21 Eddie Jones Personal Foul. His 5th Personal Foul. 104-93
2:21 104-94 Richard Hamilton made Free Throw 1 of 2.
2:21 104-95 Richard Hamilton made Free Throw 2 of 2.
2:10 104-95 Tayshaun Prince Personal Foul. His 3rd Personal Foul.
2:10 Dwyane Wade made Free Throw 1 of 2. 105-95
2:10 Dwyane Wade made Free Throw 2 of 2. 106-95
2:01 106-95 Chauncey Billups missed 14 ft running jumper.
1:59 106-95 Chauncey Billups offensive rebound.
1:54 106-97 Chauncey Billups made 10 ft two point shot.
1:53 106-97 Richard Hamilton Personal Foul. His 3rd Personal Foul.
1:53 Alonzo Mourning enters the game for Shaquille O'Neal. 106-97
1:53 Dwyane Wade made Free Throw 1 of 2. 107-97
1:53 Dwyane Wade missed Free Throw 2 of 2. 107-97
1:52 107-97 Ben Wallace defensive rebound.
1:52 Detroit Full Timeout.
1:40 107-97 Ben Wallace missed layup.
1:39 107-97 Richard Hamilton offensive rebound.
1:39 Alonzo Mourning Shooting Foul. His 6th Personal Foul. 107-97
1:39 Shaquille O'Neal enters the game for Alonzo Mourning. 107-97
1:39 107-98 Richard Hamilton made Free Throw 1 of 2.
1:39 107-98 Lindsey Hunter enters the game for Tayshaun Prince.
1:39 107-99 Richard Hamilton made Free Throw 2 of 2.
1:39 Miami Full Timeout.
1:15 Miami offensive rebound. 107-99
1:15 Shot Clock Violation 107-99
1:15 Detroit 20 Sec. Timeout.
1:07 107-99 Richard Hamilton missed 12 ft running jumper.
1:07 Shaquille O'Neal defensive rebound. 107-99
1:07 107-99 Chauncey Billups Personal Foul. His 5th Personal Foul.
1:07 Shaquille O'Neal missed Free Throw 1 of 2. 107-99
1:07 Miami offensive rebound. 107-99
1:07 Shaquille O'Neal made Free Throw 2 of 2. 108-99
0:57 108-99 Ben Wallace missed 26 ft three point jumper.
0:56 Damon Jones defensive rebound. 108-99
0:56 108-99 Chauncey Billups Personal Foul. His 6th Personal Foul.
0:56 108-99 Tayshaun Prince enters the game for Chauncey Billups.
0:56 Damon Jones made Free Throw 1 of 2. 109-99
0:56 Damon Jones missed Free Throw 2 of 2. 109-99
0:55 109-99 Ben Wallace defensive rebound.
0:49 109-101 Ben Wallace made dunk. Assisted by Tayshaun Prince.
0:48 109-101 Lindsey Hunter Personal Foul. His 1st Personal Foul.
0:48 Damon Jones missed Free Throw 1 of 2. 109-101
0:48 Miami offensive rebound. 109-101
0:48 Damon Jones made Free Throw 2 of 2. 110-101
0:41 110-101 Lindsey Hunter missed 25 ft three point jumper.
0:38 110-101 Lindsey Hunter offensive rebound.
0:36 110-101 Lindsey Hunter missed 26 ft three point jumper.
0:34 Eddie Jones defensive rebound. 110-101
0:33 110-101 Richard Hamilton Personal Foul. His 4th Personal Foul.
0:33 Eddie Jones made Free Throw 1 of 2. 111-101
0:33 Eddie Jones made Free Throw 2 of 2. 112-101
0:27 112-103 Richard Hamilton made driving layup.
0:27 Shaquille O'Neal Shooting Foul. His 5th Personal Foul. 112-103
0:27 112-104 Richard Hamilton made Free Throw 1 of 1.
0:08 112-104 Tayshaun Prince Shooting Foul. His 4th Personal Foul.
0:08 Dwyane Wade missed Free Throw 1 of 2. 112-104
0:08 Miami offensive rebound. 112-104
0:08 Dwyane Wade made Free Throw 2 of 2. 113-104
0:03 113-104 Richard Hamilton missed 11 ft jumper.
0:01 Eddie Jones defensive rebound. 113-104
0:00 End of the 4th Quarter.
0:00 End Game

The Heat shot 18 Free Throws in Garbage time....there is your free throw disparity. The Pistons shot 5 in Garbage time. So the difference was 13 in Garbage time.

SO that means that the Pistons had shot 2 more free throws than the HEAT at the time that the game was over.

The Game was called completely even......a +2 in foul shots for the HOME team at the point when garbage time starts is as fair as you can get.

It's not just about FT disparity. It was the way Miami was getting away w/ murder against the Pistons. Billups came up bleeding and there was no call, Shaq practically knocked Wallace out of the Arena and the call was against Rasheed. The Heat were mugging the Pistons all night and the Pistons were getting ticky tack fouls called against them. When the Pistons had a 5 pt lead in the 4th everything then went against them and Miami took over, it was a complete joke and it played a huge role in deciding the winner.

nyjunc said:
It's not just about FT disparity. It was the way Miami was getting away w/ murder against the Pistons. Billups came up bleeding and there was no call, Shaq practically knocked Wallace out of the Arena and the call was against Rasheed. The Heat were mugging the Pistons all night and the Pistons were getting ticky tack fouls called against them. When the Pistons had a 5 pt lead in the 4th everything then went against them and Miami took over, it was a complete joke and it played a huge role in deciding the winner.

Billups came up bleeding cuz he smacked his lip on the floor after he was completely out of control.

Rasheed knocked to the ground? Yeah after he humped SHAQ's arm....please don't tell me you didn't see Rasheed grab SHAQ's arm.... :lol:

He grabbed it the whole way and then threw himself on the ground.

and nobody gets away with more murder than the Pistons...it is a way of life for the champs....they mug everybody they play.

And it IS about FT disparity.....so what do you suggest? That they foul out the whole HEAT team and force us to forfeit? I repeat...ZO fouled out...Wade had 5, SHAQ had 4 and E. Jones had 5.....ALL BEFORE GARBAGE TIME.

Billups came up bleeding cuz he smacked his lip on the floor after he was completely out of control.

Why did he hit the floor? B/c he was mugged by 2 Heat players.

Rasheed knocked to the ground? Yeah after he humped SHAQ's arm....please don't tell me you didn't see Rasheed grab SHAQ's arm..

How about Shaq sticking his elbow in Rasheeds throat and curling around w/ his off hand? Rasheed played good D on that particular play, it was clearly an offensive foul.

nyjunc said:
How about Shaq sticking his elbow in Rasheeds throat and curling around w/ his off hand? Rasheed played good D on that particular play, it was clearly an offensive foul.

they only call charging if the defender holds his ground and doesn't move his feet at all

nick19991 said:
they only call charging if the defender holds his ground and doesn't move his feet at all
it's hard to hold your ground when you get an elbow in your face from a 350+ lb man.

your agurement doesn't hold much water if it holds any, the Pistons only had 4 more PF then the Heat did and more then 4 fouls came in the end when the team behind fouls intentially. the Heat won by 9 so even if the Heat went 8-8 in FT on those 4 fouls they still would have won by a point so regardless of the fouls the Heat won

nyjunc said:
it's hard to hold your ground when you get an elbow in your face from a 350+ lb man.

thats why nobody can get Shaq called on charging, stop whining it happens to anybody who plays Shaq :D

The Heat won so what's done is done but the refs were letting the Heat get away with murder. Even Heat fans can admit it and it shouldn't bother them cause they got the W and that's all that matters. The one thing I think Detroit isn't looking at is the fact that Shaq was drilling free throws like he's JJ Redick. Shaq always drills his free throws in big games (ask the Blazers and Kings) and that is the reason the Heat won. If Shaq has a Shaq night from the free throw line, the Pistons win but like Shaq always does when it counts (and I don't know how the hell he does it), Shaq goes to the free throw line and knocks them down to win games. As much as I think the refs f'd the Pistons over Shaq knocking them down is what killed their chances, not the refs. Plus if Shaq misses his free throws, chances are the Pistons win and the refs argument becomes obsolete!

nick19991 said:
your agurement doesn't hold much water if it holds any, the Pistons only had 4 more PF then the Heat did and more then 4 fouls came in the end when the team behind fouls intentially. the Heat won by 9 so even if the Heat went 8-8 in FT on those 4 fouls they still would have won by a point so regardless of the fouls the Heat won
you can't just look at foul #s, a team can have alot more fouls than another team if they are committing more fouls like Miami has been. I just find it funny that Heat fans were complaining prior to the series and it has gone the exact opposite of what they were complaining about. Regardless, Detroit needs to make the officials a non factor. They need to come out w/ energy tongith and get ahead early and stay ahead. I expected it would be 2-2 heading back to Miami and I still expect that.

nyjunc said:
Why did he hit the floor? B/c he was mugged by 2 Heat players.

Rasheed grabbed his arm.....

Tell you what....let's call all the fouls....and I guess they will have to put Darvin Ham to defend SHAQ after Rasheed, Ben, Campbell and Mcdyese all foul out in the first 5 minutes.

Section126 said:
Rasheed grabbed his arm.....

Tell you what....let's call all the fouls....and I guess they will have to put Darvin Ham to defend SHAQ after Rasheed, Ben, Campbell and Mcdyese all foul out in the first 5 minutes.

the arm that Shaq used to hook Rasheed? he had no choice, Shaq hooks Rasheed and bowls him over- that's an offensive foul.

nyjunc said:
the arm that Shaq used to hook Rasheed? he had no choice, Shaq hooks Rasheed and bowls him over- that's an offensive foul.

Of course he had a choice....you don't grab somebody you are guarding...that is a foul.

If anybody has been screwed it was the HEAT in Game one....if you only shoot 10 Free Throws against the Pistons in ANY game...you were screwed.

They called that game like crap...The Pistons foul constantly....especially Lindsey Hunter ....His hand checking has to stop...it isn't 1988....YOU CANNOT STIFF ARM THE PLAYER YOU ARE DEFENDING.

Like I said...i am all for calling ALL the fouls.....Hey...if SHAQ can hit 50% of his free throws....then we win cuz he will then be 55-110....and will score 80 points by himself....Wade with 25...The Jones combine for 20...The bench and the rest another 20....Hey...we win 145-95! :tongue:

Okay...I'm with ya...let's call ALL the fouls.

Of course he had a choice....you don't grab somebody you are guarding...that is a foul.

He was going to the ground, he grabbeed him in self defense. It was an offensive foul.

Like I said...i am all for calling ALL the fouls.....Hey...if SHAQ can hit 50% of his free throws....then we win cuz he will then be 55-110....and will score 80 points.

Shaq does get fouled alot but he also fouls alot and Wade is always pushing off w/ his off arm. I don't want them to call 900 fouls I just want it to be relatively even, I don't want to see Pistons getting mugged and Heat players getting whistles when they are grazed.

nyjunc said:
He was going to the ground, he grabbeed him in self defense. It was an offensive foul.

:roflmao:

Shaq does get fouled alot but he also fouls alot and Wade is always pushing off w/ his off arm. I don't want them to call 900 fouls I just want it to be relatively even, I don't want to see Pistons getting mugged and Heat players getting whistles when they are grazed.

HA!!!!!!!!! You got relatively even in Game 3....Like I said.....Detroit was +2 in FT's when Garbage time came....that is fair....a slight advantage for the Home team is fair...they got a slight advantage.

Back
Top Bottom