Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Heat-Pistons Series Thread!

Nice win by the Heat...when they went down 84-79 AND Wade was called for his fifth, I thought it was over. Shaq Daddy, Eddie and Rasual came up big late.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yeah, I think they're still pretty bitter about the fact that their precious Yankees got their ***es handed to them for the second straight day. And on top of that, the Heat won.

Might have snapped after a rough night in sports. :lol:

OH Yeah...I don't know why...but I was a pretty big Red Sox Fan (I'm a Marlin fan) for some reason today..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Section126 said:
OH Yeah...I don't know why...but I was a pretty big Red Sox Fan (I'm a Marlin fan) for some reason today..... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:up:

By the way, congratulations to all you Heat fans on the win tonight. I'm not as well versed in Basketball as many of you, but winning in Detroit is impressive to even the most casual Celtics fan.

AND ANOTHER THING!!!!!!!!

Didn't Chauncey Billups say: "We are putting all of our eggs in this basket.....winning game 3 and taking control...this game is all or nothing."

Does he now say....."No...I meant game 4..."

Does Rasheed guarantee victory again?

The winner of game 3 in conference finals go on to win 82% of the time.

Muck said:
That is exactly what I was thinking. When Billups got T'd up, I laughed out loud, "they're falling apart". I was laughing in disbelief because it was the Pistons.

It was amazing to see the Heat pretty much go an entire quarter (mid-3rd thru mid-4th) and making only one field goal.......and still win going away at the end.

But Muck they know how to play the game the right way. :D

Section126 said:
AND ANOTHER THING!!!!!!!!

Didn't Chauncey Billups say: "We are putting all of our eggs in this basket.....winning game 3 and taking control...this game is all or nothing."

Does he now say....."No...I meant game 4..."

Does Rasheed guarantee wictory again?

The winner or game 3 in conference finals go on to win 82% of the time.

Yes because the Pistons know how to play the game the right way. :D

AND ANOTHER THING!!!!!!!!!

To Larry Brown......the guy that was killing you off the bench was RAS-UWL BUTLER...not RASH-OOD BUTLER.

OH and Rasheed...yes...you did foul Wade on that play at the basket....hate to break it to you Rasheed...but it is not legal to push somebody when they are airborne and going to the basket...it is a foul.

I am actually a little upset that we sucked at the free throw line....man...wouldn't a 30 point win have been nice?

Section126 said:
Lindsey Hunter hand checks UP AND DOWN THE COURT.

Thank god somebody else finally saw this. He's been doing it ever since he's been in Larry Brown's system.

If I remember correctly, Tinsley complained about it to the media in last year's conference finals. If not Tinsley, it was Johnson.

Section126 said:

To Larry Brown......the guy that was killing you off the bench was RAS-UWL BUTLER...not RASH-OOD BUTLER.
LOL, I hate when professionals can't say a name right, especially when they're flat out saying the wrong name. Barkley's the homey, but damn...the entire playoffs he's been saying Kenyon Dooling & Rashaun Butler.

Section126 said:
The winner of game 3 in conference finals go on to win 82% of the time.
Yeah, I saw that number on Sports Center. However, the last team to do so was the Pistons in the conference finals LAST YEAR against Indiana. But of course we're not the 2003-2004 Indiana Pacers, so that's just something to look at...

X-Con said:
Thank god somebody else finally saw this. He's been doing it ever since he's been in Larry Brown's system.

If I remember correctly, Tinsley complained about it to the media in last year's conference finals. If not Tinsley, it was Johnson.

It was Tinsley....and a buddy of mine watching the game said to me after I complained about Hunter's defense on Wade.....He said "What game are you watching? The guy is hand checking up and down the court...he should have fouled out in 3 minutes."

I then noticed the wonderful art of looking the other way while Lindsey Hunter just clutches, Grabs, and of course STIFF ARMS Wade.....

Nice hand checking Lindsey! :roflmao:

BTW...is Ben Wallace (Spider Web Head) playing in this series? Is he hurt?

The most impressive stat for Dwyane Wade in this series so far: 2.7 TO per game. For all the talk about Detroit's defense frustrating Dwyane, I've honestly never seen a 3-game stretch where this kid averaged under 3-4 TO's a game. Hell, has there been a 2-game stretch? Turnover wise, he's controlling the ball the best he has all year & he's doing it against the toughest defense. He's proving that it really was just an off night for him in game 1, not Detroit's defense(I say that with all due respect, because they do have one of the best -if not the best- defenses in the association). Tayshaun Prince got the crown for being able to shut down D-Wade a bit too early if you ask me.

For my last words of tonight, I'm gonna give the last of my props to Eddie Jones. Dude's shooting over 50% in the playoffs and for the first time since he's been a member of this team, he's playing clutch basketball on the offensive end. Who would've known.....

& LOL, how about Shaq knocking down 5-6 straight free throws in the 4th quarter? ;)

X-Con said:
The most impressive stat for Dwyane Wade in this series so far: 2.7 TO per game. For all the talk of the defense frustrating Dwyane, I've honestly never seen a 3-game stretch where this kid averaged under 3-4 TO's a game. Hell, has there been a 2-game stretch? Turnover wise, he's controlling the ball the best he has all year & he's doing it against the toughest defense.

For my last words of tonight, I'm gonna give the last of my props to Eddie Jones. Dude's shooting over 50% in the playoffs and for the first time since he's been a member of this team, he's playing clutch basketball on the offensive end. Who would've known.....

THE CAPTAIN!!!!!!!!

The guy has been clutch....He was the glue that kept us together when it got dicey in the 4th...

A three to cut it to 2....a break away fast break layup (should have also gotten the foul call) to put us up ONE...WE NEVER TRAILED AGAIN.

Rip Hamilton in the post game press conference wore a jersey that said "RIP CITY" and had a brand new white head band...and then of course went on to say that they let two games slip away.....how bout the HEAT let a SWEEP opportunity slip away? HUH RIP?

:roflmao:

This is fun.

ON TO GAME 4 to TAKE FULL CONTROL of the series.

I just saw the replay of the Sports Reporters...and Bob Ryan said this....(remember that this was BEFORE game 3...) "The Heat I believe has shot their load...I still think that the Pistons win this in five, and Wade will not score 40 again in this series."

You were right Mr. Ryan...Wade scored 36...not 40....he sucks....... :roflmao:

Section126 said:
I just saw the replay of the Sports Reporters...and Bob Ryan said this....(remember that this was BEFORE game 3...) "The Heat I believe has shot their load...I still think that the Pistons win this in five, and Wade will not score 40 again in this series."

You were right Mr. Ryan...Wade scored 36...not 40....he sucks....... :roflmao:

They shot their load? :lol:

TerryTate said:
They shot their load? :lol:

You know...this is a testament to actually watching a team play during the regular season before making bold predictions like that...

I swear...that some of these "experts" saw the Heat play for the first time in game 4 of the Nets series....

Of course...who can forget all the "The Pistons have Wade's number" stories that ESPN ran.

Enough already....GAME 4...time to take control of this thing....

now the "experts" will say "the heat cant win unless wade scores 36"

Back
Top Bottom