**Official Mini Camp Reports Thread - 6/10 Morning** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Official Mini Camp Reports Thread - 6/10 Morning**

Thanks for the info, Bro! Getting excited about the season already! Go Phins!

Steve

BALLS DEEP said:
Hey guys,

I just got back from the morning practice. It was moved up an hour due to inclement weather. I have no idea why, as I haven't seen a bolt of lightning yet.

First thing, I'm not a seasoned camp goer. I am an amatuer football fan with a passion for the Phins. Subsequently, my analysis will be off a bit. But, I feel that I owe all of those that are not geographically able to attend at least an atempt at reporting.

There weren't a lot of dropped balls. Everyone ran everywhere. It seemed very up tempo.

Linebackers: They were all there. They started off with hitting the sled. Zach looks like he's put on some more muscle. He hit the sled once so hard that even the coach threw out a "damn!" If the season were today, I'd put him in for his 120 tackles already. I didn't see much out of JR. but he's a hall of famer and probably doesn't much give a you know what about mini-camps. Channing Crowder is fast and huge. He was all over the place. Eddie Moore was wearing a red jersey which I believe to mean he's somewhat injured.

Running Backs: Ronnie Brown is fast! He also caught some good short passes. It's hard to tell with running backs in mini-camp since they can't tackle. But, he looked like he might be the real deal to me!

QB's: It was hard to see the side of the field that they were playing on. Frerotte looked to overthrow his reciever a couple times. I really couldn't get a very good read on them because they had two seperate scrimmages at the same time.

I'll be back this afternoon. Hopefully, my awe at being on holy ground will fade enough for me to get a better read.

Later!
Thanks for the report. :up: A lot of good news.

FiN.in.RI said:
Frerotte may just have to shake ssome cob webs off in terms of over throwing his recievrs. I like to hear that he performed well in the face of pressure. Thanks for the report.

I agree. Also he may just have to get used to his new wide recievers. He still looked the best out of all the QBs even with the over throws.

dolfan2010 said:
the red jersey is for players injured!!!! they are not to be touched ....red means stop so players see the red let up AND HAVE NO CONTACT W/ THE INJURED PLAYER.. it's all just to make sure nothing else happens to that player..most of the guys wearing the red were injured last yr....Atkins, moore, boston, i think the Qb gets red too not for sure though..anyways hope this help ..peace out to all!!!!!

none of the QBs were wearing red. Not sure why.

FinNasty23 said:
haha... I think he ment autographs

Nasty

:lol: Oh. I was gonna say, I know something like that would have been reported.

:yell: :fire: Clarify your statements!!! :D

Other posts reminded me that a couple of players were wearing red jerseys. I think that means they were injured last year. Moore, Boston and a few other players were wearing them.

the red jersey is for players injured!!!! they are not to be touched ....red means stop so players see the red let up AND HAVE NO CONTACT W/ THE INJURED PLAYER.. it's all just to make sure nothing else happens to that player..most of the guys wearing the red were injured last yr....Atkins, moore, boston, i think the Qb gets red too not for sure though..anyways hope this help ..peace out to all!!!!!

Exactly. Sorry AtlantaPhins but you are wrong. Red jerseys mean no-touchy because you're injured. I am just surprised that Saban put the red jersey to so much use during these camps. I think it's pretty evident of Saban's policy on camps and practices which is high tempo but low impact.

If you are still unconvinced, AtlantaPhins, then check this link out, about how Charles Rogers of the Lions was wearing a red jersey but exchanged it for a blue jersey, like the rest of the offense wears...

http://www.detnews.com/2005/lions/0506/07/D03-206412.htm

dolfan348454999 said:
I agree. Also he may just have to get used to his new wide recievers. He still looked the best out of all the QBs even with the over throws.

Weren't the last real game throws he had to Moss? That would explain the overthrowing.

PatsSuck456 said:
How were the WRs and the o line doing.

As a whole the O line wasn't doing that good. They were getting to the QB fast, but I guess it may be because there not in full pads and aren't really hitting. All the WR were doing great in the drill with secondary and LBs verse QB backfield and WRs. We were going deep in that drill and the 11 0n 11 scrimmage alot more then I am used to them doing.

A little bit more everyday, I'm ticked about the Feeley pick up. One of the biggest problems I have with him, and Nick Saban specifically addressed this personality trait at the banquet. "Even when things aren't going your way, even when you are banged up a bit, you are NOT to show frustration or pain, outwardly, or your opponent will be energized and pick up on it like a shark on blood". Feeley is the poster child for WHAT NOT TO DO. Whether it be his hand or *** or emotions (some of you may say this is great). He didn't even appear interested all that much at the banquet. I sat 10 feet from him, and watched him most the time. I just think he's a bit soft. I really hope Gus can take over... Sorry if this is off topic. My $.02. Couldn't make it to today's sessions...

greatwade said:
A little bit more everyday, I'm ticked about the Feeley pick up. One of the biggest problems I have with him, and Nick Saban specifically addressed this personality trait at the banquet. "Even when things aren't going your way, even when you are banged up a bit, you are NOT to show frustration or pain, outwardly, or your opponent will be energized and pick up on it like a shark on blood". Feeley is the poster child for WHAT NOT TO DO. Whether it be his hand or *** or emotions (some of you may say this is great). He didn't even appear interested all that much at the banquet. I sat 10 feet from him, and watched him most the time. I just think he's a bit soft. I really hope Gus can take over... Sorry if this is off topic. My $.02. Couldn't make it to today's sessions...

Your totally right Feeley crumbles under pressure. Also when one thing goes wrong for him it tends to get worse and worse till it gets out of control. After seeing Ferrotte I think he will fill in just fine. He isn't Manning, but he won't loose the game for us.

Back
Top Bottom