***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season*** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season***

I'm just excited that baseball is finally back. In Philadelphia there is a resurgence in interest in baseball. No long am i rooting against the team so Ed Wade gets fired, Pat Gillick has brought hope and a sort of bold "we're gonna win" attitude. I like it, and i cant wait till they start tomorrow even if they are going to disappoint like usual!

as for predictions:

The Los Angeles Angels are going to be the best team in the American league, largely in part to their pitching staff led by the soon to be healthy and returning BARTOLO COLON who will win the Cy Young again.

In the NL i think the Cy will go to Jason Schmidt with the Dodgers, although at least one Phillies pitcher will be closely behind him ;)

MVP goes to Albert Pujols because he is just amazing when he stays healthy

and the AL MVP will go to Alex Rodriguez who will silence his critics for now....and lead the Yankees to a DOUBLE DIGIT distance division title. Yes thats right Toronto and Boston i said DOUBLE DIGIT.

Dodgers win the NL
Angels win the AL

FREEWAY SERIES!

Los Angeles wins it all

and the AL MVP will go to Alex Rodriguez who will silence his critics for now....and lead the Yankees to a DOUBLE DIGIT distance division title. Yes thats right Toronto and Boston i said DOUBLE DIGIT.

Uh.. hate to break it to you, but Arod isn't going to silence his critics by putting up his usual monster numbers during the regular season on his way to another AL MVP. Nope, instead.. he's going to have to actually make a contribution in October to silence those critics.

And the Yankees winning the AL East by double digits is laughable, especially considering the shape that their rotation is in, and the fact that their bullpen isn't exactly stellar either. (I know I downplayed the importance of starting pitching in my previous post, but you can't run away and hide with a division title when your staff is in shambles.. but you can compete for it.)

Uh.. hate to break it to you, but Arod isn't going to silence his critics by putting up his usual monster numbers during the regular season on his way to another AL MVP. Nope, instead.. he's going to have to actually make a contribution in October to silence those critics.

And the Yankees winning the AL East by double digits is laughable, especially considering the shape that their rotation is in, and the fact that their bullpen isn't exactly stellar either. (I know I downplayed the importance of starting pitching in my previous post, but you can't run away and hide with a division title when your staff is in shambles.. but you can compete for it.)

Yeah pitching is th only real thing holding the yankees back at this point. They will have to outslug alot of teams to win.

The Sox have an unproven Japanese rookie, an aging and injury prone Curt Schilling and a blister prone Josh Beckett who always lets down at some point in the season.

I said "for now" next to A-Rod meaning OBVIOUSLY he's not going to silence his critics to the point where they say he's Reggie Jackson. But he is going to get New York Baseball fans actually LIKING him again, with that monster year and better play at 3B. Whether he can put that in the post-season? I doubt it.....He'll choke come crunch time.

how can anyone knock the Yanks bullpen. Going into the season it probably be the best in baseball, maybe slightly behind Detroit's. But thats it!

Procter, Farnsworth, Vizciano, Rivera, Myers...etc

Do some of you people actually follow the sport?? I wonder soemtimes!

how can anyone knock the Yanks bullpen. Going into the season it probably be the best in baseball, maybe slightly behind Detroit's. But thats it!

While I'm not saying the Yankees have a bad bullpen, saying they have the best in baseball might be extreme as I consider: LA Angels, Twins, Mets, Braves, Padres, A's and possibly the Orioles to have equal if not better bullpen depth. And yes the Tigers too which you mentioned.

:sidelol:

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

Also, you spelt Proctor wrong.. and you're questioning whether other people watch the sport. That's rich.

I'd take the Angels pen I think :)

world series
Cardinals over Twins
NL-MVP pujols
AL-MVP Vlad

:sidelol:

You're joking, right? Please tell me you're joking.

Also, you spelt Proctor wrong.. and you're questioning whether other people watch the sport. That's rich.

When you can't debate someone on the topic, always find a "typo". :shakeno: :shakeno:

And your credibility is shot in general after the past 2 seasons you claimed.......
a) Matt Clement is better than Randy Johnson
b) Coco Crisp is better than Johnny Damon

The Yanks bullpen is one of the best in baseball. That isn't up for debate

While I'm not saying the Yankees have a bad bullpen, saying they have the best in baseball might be extreme as I consider: LA Angels, Twins, Mets, Braves, Padres, A's and possibly the Orioles to have equal if not better bullpen depth. And yes the Tigers too which you mentioned.

The Padres and Mets have closers who always choke in a big spot, if you don't have the back-end guy then you dont' have a bullpen. The Braves are closer by committee most of the time and Gonzalez is unproven in that role even if they do hand it to him. The Twins is ok, but not as good as the Yanks. Baltimore's bullpen, PLEASE!!!!

LAA is good but they took a hit this offseason. To say the Tigers and Yanks have the best bullpens in MLB isn't a stretch here people.

When you can't debate someone on the topic, always find a "typo". :shakeno: :shakeno:

And your credibility is shot in general after the past 2 seasons you claimed.......
a) Matt Clement is better than Randy Johnson
b) Coco Crisp is better than Johnny Damon

The Yanks bullpen is one of the best in baseball. That isn't up for debate

HAHA..

I'll let those who have read our comments in the past judge for themselves who has more credibility.

HAHA..

I'll let those who have read our comments in the past judge for themselves who has more credibility.

Yeah, me too!!! :sidelol:

Tell me about that "easy 2nd half schedule" the Red Sox have with a "ton of home games" that will "have them walk into the playoffs" again :sidelol:

Want me to keep going with some of your "greatest hits" :D

Back
Top Bottom