***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season*** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season***

just my opinion on a couple teams...

Don't like the Phillies, and I'm speakig as a guy from PA, not a Marlins fan. I love Cole Hammel's game, but I'm not a huge fan of the rest of their rotation. I think Garcia could be huge coming to the NL (but he can be terribly inconsistent), and Moyer is still pretty good. But your relying on a lot of inconsistency with Garcia,Eaten,Myers, and Leiber on your team. Plus, Barajas and Helms aren't really upgrades over what they had last year.

In fairness to Myers, he's in the best shape of his playing career. He's looking and acting a lot more mature than he had in past seasons and he seems to have gotten over his problems last year.

Moyer is a reliable pitcher, one of the most reliable pitchers out there to be a 4th-5th option depending on the health of the UNRELIABLE Adam Eaton. Theres no question that is Garcia is healthy, Hamels develops into the star that his potential shows he can be, Myers is as good as he's looked for the whole season and Moyer and Eaton can contribute and stay healthy also, this team can win the NL East, with that lineup. The bullpen is going to be trouble it looks like, but Geoff Geary and Matt Smith pitched well last year, and two years ago Ryan Madsen was a lights out set up man, judging how well Leiber works out in the bullpen and again MORE health issues this team could be one of the best in the majors. However there are a lot of "IF's" and "maybes" in this equation.

Charlie Manuel will lose the Phillies at LEAST 7 games.

you said Memphis had no chance to beat Texas A&M because the game was in Texas...Memphis won.

you said last October that you would be shocked if the Cardinals won one playoff game...they won the World Series.

that's just to name a few.

Memphis-Texas AM is a game prediction. Thats different!!

I wasn't alone on the Cardinals but your right I was wrong.

In fairness to Myers, he's in the best shape of his playing career. He's looking and acting a lot more mature than he had in past seasons and he seems to have gotten over his problems last year.

Moyer is a reliable pitcher, one of the most reliable pitchers out there to be a 4th-5th option depending on the health of the UNRELIABLE Adam Eaton. Theres no question that is Garcia is healthy, Hamels develops into the star that his potential shows he can be, Myers is as good as he's looked for the whole season and Moyer and Eaton can contribute and stay healthy also, this team can win the NL East, with that lineup. The bullpen is going to be trouble it looks like, but Geoff Geary and Matt Smith pitched well last year, and two years ago Ryan Madsen was a lights out set up man, judging how well Leiber works out in the bullpen and again MORE health issues this team could be one of the best in the majors. However there are a lot of "IF's" and "maybes" in this equation.

Charlie Manuel will lose the Phillies at LEAST 7 games.

Rumor of Todd Jones being traded from Detroit to Philly to help that bullpen

Rumor of Todd Jones being traded from Detroit to Philly to help that bullpen

Hey, i'm not against bringing back Todd Jones. He's a solid reliever and we never should have even let him go, especially with the guys we had replace him. Honestly i'm not as worried about the bullpen as i am about the starters, Garcia not being healthy being my main worry.

Hey, i'm not against bringing back Todd Jones. He's a solid reliever and we never should have even let him go, especially with the guys we had replace him. Honestly i'm not as worried about the bullpen as i am about the starters, Garcia not being healthy being my main worry.

I think the thing going for Philly is they play in a very bad division. Washington might be the worst team MLB has seen in a long long time. And in my opinion Florida won't be very good this year. They might in a division with 2 very bad teams this year. That should keep them in the playoff race all season long. I think Philly can win the division (in fact I predicted it in one of these threads) but WILD CARD at the very worst as long as their pitching stays healthy

Memphis-Texas AM is a game prediction. Thats different!!

I wasn't alone on the Cardinals but your right I was wrong.

nothing wrong with being wrong man, but there's no need to say others have no credibility when they're wrong. It's really not fair.

nothing wrong with being wrong man, but there's no need to say others have no credibility when they're wrong. It's really not fair.

Sure it is. When your wrong once in a while its just being wrong and you can shrug it off.

When your wrong all the time......you can't be taken seriously anymore. Just look at our current President!

Sure it is. When your wrong once in a while its just being wrong and you can shrug it off.

When your wrong all the time......you can't be taken seriously anymore. Just look at our current President!

Thats a great example!

GO JAYS GO!:cooldude:

I agree to a certian extent. I do totally agree about the Pres tho

Back
Top Bottom