***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season***

Yeah, me too!!! :sidelol:

Tell me about that "easy 2nd half schedule" the Red Sox have with a "ton of home games" that will "have them walk into the playoffs" again :sidelol:

Want me to keep going with some of your "greatest hits" :D

Sure keep 'em coming...

Anyone that's been on this website long enough to know who you are doesn't take you seriously, myself included.

The Padres and Mets have closers who always choke in a big spot, if you don't have the back-end guy then you dont' have a bullpen. The Braves are closer by committee most of the time and Gonzalez is unproven in that role even if they do hand it to him. The Twins is ok, but not as good as the Yanks. Baltimore's bullpen, PLEASE!!!!

LAA is good but they took a hit this offseason. To say the Tigers and Yanks have the best bullpens in MLB isn't a stretch here people.

I wasn't talking about guys who choke in a big spot because that would completely change this discussion. And the original point you made was the Yankees have the best bullpen and only maybe the Tigers can come close to it. Note I wasn't saying the Yankees don't have a good bullpen I was simply stating their are other teams in baseball who have possibly equal if not better pens.

Anyway Padres and Mets still have very good bullpen depth, and they still have top closers. The Braves have Wickman as their closer right now who has done well the past 3 seasons. And how is Gonzalez unproven in the closer's role? He went 23 for 23 last year in saves I believe. Baltimore added Baez, Williamson, Branford and Jaime Walker to go along with Chris Ray so they have added depth and some of those guys they added have track records if healthy that's why I said possibly Baltimore. Twins have Nathan and Rincon who have been solid for years and Neshek who was very good last year.

This is where you contradict yourself. The Angels lost only J.C. Romero and Brendan Donnelly from their pen over this offseason who you said weren't good, past their primes etc etc so how does that hurt the Angels or how did they take a hit? You can't say the guys they got rid of weren't good yet that took a hit too. Also considering they added Justin Spier (who was possibly the best FA reliever on the market) who's certainly going to help fill a void in the 7th inning. The Angels probably have the best combo of 8th/9th inning guys in baseball in Shields and K-Rod.

If you replace mediocre guys with guys who might not even be mediocre then its taking a hit!!

And I never bashed Donnelly. I gave him and Boston a lot of praise when that went down

Sure keep 'em coming...

Anyone that's been on this website long enough to know who you are doesn't take you seriously, myself included.

At least I don't run and hide for 5 months after my team loses and fails.

Eveyone knows you. Talk tough. Once your proven wrong or your team loses, run away so you don't have to hear about it. Typical bully attitude. :rolleyes2

Losing Romero doesnt hurt at all, he was horrible for the Angels. Donnelly is a hit, but Speier can fill his void. I dont see how the Angels took a hit here? Is Romero that much better than Daren Oliver because that's the other move. I'm not arguing that the Yankees dont have a good pen, just wondering how the Angels took a hit. I'll take KRod/Shields/Speier over most other teams end of the pen guys.

Losing Romero doesnt hurt at all, he was horrible for the Angels. Donnelly is a hit, but Speier can fill his void. I dont see how the Angels took a hit here? Is Romero that much better than Daren Oliver because that's the other move. I'm not arguing that the Yankees dont have a good pen, just wondering how the Angels took a hit. I'll take KRod/Shields/Speier over most other teams end of the pen guys.

Oh I agree. I personally think the Angels have the best 1-2 punch in Shields and K-Rod in baseball. I think Shields is the best 8th inning guy in the game (Zumaya is close but Shields has been doing it for a longer period of time) and K-Rod is 2nd to Rivera in terms of lights out closer. Also Speier could be coming into his own this year. He pitched very well the past few years in the AL East and should do even better against weaker hitting AL West teams.

and thats fine!!! You can make that argument.

I just like it how I can't have the opinion that the Yanks have the 2nd best bullpen in baseball behind Detroit :shakeno: :shakeno: It's f'n amazing!

and thats fine!!! You can make that argument.

I just like it how I can't have the opinion that the Yanks have the 2nd best bullpen in baseball behind Detroit :shakeno: :shakeno: It's f'n amazing!

You can have that opinion, but people can disagree with it and say why they disagree :D

You can have that opinion, but people can disagree with it and say why they disagree :D

Its not that people disagree. It's how they do it. And I'm not talking about you.

I will just leave it at that

When you can't debate someone on the topic, always find a "typo". :shakeno: :shakeno:

And your credibility is shot in general after the past 2 seasons you claimed.......
a) Matt Clement is better than Randy Johnson
b) Coco Crisp is better than Johnny Damon

The Yanks bullpen is one of the best in baseball. That isn't up for debate

funny how you keep talking about other people's credibility when you're the one who always claims things that always turn out to be completely wrong.

Its not that people disagree. It's how they do it. And I'm not talking about you.

I will just leave it at that

People feel the same way about how you respond to their opinions. It's a two way street. Maybe if you didn't act like a jerk to people, people wouldn't act like jerks back to you.

Note: This isn't meant to be a personal attack just a suggestion.

just my opinion on a couple teams...

The BoSox look good, but I'm not entirely sold on them yet. If Beckett improves from last year, they've got a nice 1-2-3. The one thing that I'm a little skeptical about is the lack of lefty's. Even with Papelbon staying at closer, their BP does not really impress me.

I think the Yanks will win the division, but they'll need to work on their rotation a bit (as soon as Hughes is called up, I think the rotation will be a lot better)

I actually like the Blue Jays more than the Red Sox, but they've got a lot of questions. Can Halladay/Burnett/Chacin stay healthy? Can they get any pitching behind Halladay? Will their BP hold leads until they get to Ryan?

Don't like the Phillies, and I'm speakig as a guy from PA, not a Marlins fan. I love Cole Hammel's game, but I'm not a huge fan of the rest of their rotation. I think Garcia could be huge coming to the NL (but he can be terribly inconsistent), and Moyer is still pretty good. But your relying on a lot of inconsistency with Garcia,Eaten,Myers, and Leiber on your team. Plus, Barajas and Helms aren't really upgrades over what they had last year.

The fact that Bradon Looper will be starting for the the Cards turns me off towards them. Kip Wells was a good signing, BUT he's their number 3, maybe 2, starter right now. Wainwright is making the transition from relief to starter, and Reyes is still developing so they got problems. 2/3 of their starting outfield will also start the year on the DL. But it's hard to pick against a team with Pujols and Carpenter on it.

I actually like the Stros the most in the division. I like the pick up of Jennings, though I don't like how much they gave up, and the signing of Woody Williams. Carlos Lee also gives them some much needed pop. Still some rotation and BP questions though.

I'm calling the D-Backs my sleeper team this year, and not because they reaquired Randy Johnson (though I do think adding him and Doug Davis to Brandon Webb and Livan Hernandez gives Arizona one of, if not the, best rotations in the NL). I just love Arizona's youth. BP still needs a bit of work.

Two teas I'm intriqued by; Pittsburgh and Texas.

Predictions
AL MVP-Vlad Guerrero
AL Rookie of the Year-Alex Gordon
AL Cy Young-Johan Santana
AL Champs-Minnesota Twins

NL MVP-*Carlos Lee (in that park with guys that can get on base in his line-up, he'll put up huge numbers)
NL Rookie of the Year-Chris Young (though Ryan Braun should give him a run for his money, as will Troy Tulloworski and Homer Bailey/Andrew McCutcheon if they get called up soon enough)
NL Cy Young-Roy Oswalt
NL Champs-Houston Astros

Stros over the Twins in seen games.

It's different, but I really like both teams makeup this year.

People feel the same way about how you respond to their opinions. It's a two way street. Maybe if you didn't act like a jerk to people, people wouldn't act like jerks back to you.

Note: This isn't meant to be a personal attack just a suggestion.

Whatever. I have an opinion. I back it up with logic. Others cant' say the same.

funny how you keep talking about other people's credibility when you're the one who always claims things that always turn out to be completely wrong.

Like what? Back it up!

Like what? Back it up!

you said Memphis had no chance to beat Texas A&M because the game was in Texas...Memphis won.

you said last October that you would be shocked if the Cardinals won one playoff game...they won the World Series.

that's just to name a few.

Back
Top Bottom