***Official Senior Bowl Thread*** | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Senior Bowl Thread***

vt_dolfan said:
What that he couldnt shake of 250-300 pound linemen draped all over him?

Tamba Hali sacked him with one hand the play before. While on the ground.

nopony said:
All I'm saying about Cutler is tht my rule is to be wary of strong-armed QBs whose draft status seems higher than their college success would seem to indicate.

And the scouting reports that I've read about him always say "strong-armed, inaccurate QB"... which scares the hell out of me. Accuracy is one of the hardest things to develop (ouside of "size" of course)... even arm strength is easier to get better at, see: Drew Brees.

problem is Cutler isnt inaccurate. and name some more that improved their armstrength. Brees and Brady. its an extremely hard thing to improve.

Good, Cutler didn't do anything with the ball again.

Caps said:
Good, Cutler didn't do anything with the ball again.

Well... Cutler got the ball to the TE/WR... not his fault they didn't make those 2 catches.

Should have been a pick right there.

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

problem is Cutler isnt inaccurate. and name some more that improved their armstrength. Brees and Brady. its an extremely hard thing to improve.

Like I said, I'm not a Cutler expert. But every scouting report that I've read says he IS inaccurate. Maybe you're right and they're wrong... and I don't mean that sarcastically, but I'm just going on what I've read, not my opinion.

And, yes, arm strength isn't easy to imporve, but accuracy is even harder... it goes to the fundemental level of talent the player has to begin with.

And in my experience, arm strength (and to some extent, size) is a trait that is overdrafted, inaccuracy and intangibles underdrafted.

I'm also a little wary (not opposed to, just cautious about) QBs who looked good on really bad teams or really good teams. Just because either makes the player harder to judge.

Again, not anti-cutler, just advise caution.

Ol' Saint Nick said:
He needs to get another pick on the next drive. Very important. Almost had it with Bunkley, damn.

I think they may put in Whitehurst to end the game though. Dammit, that TD really sucks.

Back
Top Bottom