Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread? | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen and Rodgers have PROVEN they can play QB in the NFL at a high level. How about Tua?
Allen has had 1 elite season just 1. He never had an elite season in college and he never had one his 1st 2 years in the NFL but you want me to believe all those other years are the outliers? He's gonna have to do it again to prove last year wasn't a fluke.

You have a throwback jersey of a guy you think is trash?
He probably got the jersey when we drafted Tua, buying into the hype and rhetoric, which led to completely unrealistic expectations.

It's my belief that all that hype is a lot of the reason for disappointment for some. They set themselves up for it.

Then you have the faction that hated the kid from the beginning because of that same hype. They dislike Tua due to having it rammed down their throats for 18 months.

None of which is Tua's fault. He wasn't day one ready irrespective of the hip, but some made him out to be the second coming of Joe cool. Like I said, unrealistic.

I wish those on both extremes would tone it down to a level that has some semblance of rationality.

He isn't trash, but he isn't all world at this point either and the reality is, odds are he is going to be an above average to maybe top 10 QB in the right system.

There are very few QBs ever who have been able to carry a team on his back week in and week out.

To expect that is fools gold. Best case scenario is he is a good reliable signal caller, who shines when the pressure is on, and the lights are brightest.

Last edited:
That's where you lose me. If you asked me if Allen had a bad game last Sunday, I'd say yes. That doesn't make him a bad/below average player. That means he had a bad/below average game. Same with Tua. However, folks on the forum struggle to say even that.
Alright brother lets try this: lets say we all did agree he played bad. For the record im not saying he played bad or good. I think he did just ok. But anyways lets say we agreed he played bad and the team played pretty bad.

Well guess what we still won the ****ing game man. Isn't that what good teams do sometimes is win games ugly and win games even when playing bad. The team including tua made some plays that were clutch in this win even if the rest of the game was just ehhh.

So we can spin this positively and say well damn when is the last time we had a team or qb win ugly games by making just those few clutch plays to get us out of hostile environment. I'll wait..

This is where I take issue with, "He had an average game against a Bill Belichick defense." This is where data matters.

He faced a tough defense? Yes. Agreed. Absolutely.

He had an "average" game? No. That's where stats come into play. All the 4 stats I mentioned all had him very much "below average."
Are those 4 stats the end all be all? Those are the stats you mentioned because they help your case, I can do the same thing.

His TD % of 3.7 ranked 19th which is higher than notable QB's such as Big Ben, Larmar Jackson, Derek Carr, Justin Herbert, Josh Allen, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, and Baker Mayfield

His Y/A of 7.5 is 15th.

He has the 3rd most rushing TD's in the NFL, not bad for a small guy with little athleticism.

He has a 100% completion % in the RZ and the 3rd most RZ TD's.

Sounds like an average game to me. :shrug:

I'm superphin and this has been my Ted Talk.

Are those 4 stats the end all be all? Those are the stats you mentioned because they help your case, I can do the same thing.
You are basically cherry picking individual stats while avoiding the stuff he struggled with. 3 out of the 4 stats I posted was comprehensive QB ratings, so yes. They are a far better representation of his overall play as they include everything.

Every QB looks good with ample time, but you’re not going to get that consistently at this level. He has to perform under pressure, I think he did enough to get by, but we need more then just get by.

I agree but I want to reword your last sentence a bit for my view.

He did enough to get by, but that same performance may not be enough to get us by next time. So it needs to improve.

Do you know who this thread reminds me of.....

The Chargers fans with early Drew Brees. They hated his size, his arm strength and the fact he didn't put up huge numbers his 1st couple seasons.

Think on that for a second

What’s everyone’s excuse going to be Sunday….

The Chargers fans with early Drew Brees. They hated his size, his arm strength and the fact he didn't put up huge numbers his 1st couple seasons.

No, Drew had a much better arm when he was younger. Watching old videos of Drew, there is no comparison from what I saw on Sunday. Anyone can throw slants. I’m 40 and can throw slants all day. But Tua can’t consistently push it down field. The 2 deep completions were due to great catches of bad throws.

Clutch would be converting 3rd and long. When Tua is at 3rd and long, I go get another beer because I know that I am not going to miss anything

What’s everyone’s excuse going to be Sunday….

No, Drew had a much better arm when he was younger. Watching old videos of Drew, there is no comparison from what I saw on Sunday. Anyone can throw slants. I’m 40 and can throw slants all day. But Tua can’t consistently push it down field. The 2 deep completions were due to great catches of bad throws.
Just gonna skip over the video I pointed out debunking that huh? Figures. Pretty much suits your awful narrative.

Just gonna skip over the video I pointed out debunking that huh? Figures. Pretty much suits your awful narrative.

You can see with any of his deep throws, Tua’s arm is weak. I’ve seen more zip on punts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom