Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread? | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Tua is NOT the guy Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proven wrong and keep on truckin huh? Lol.

This is why no one takes you seriously.

You obviously didn’t watch the game. Pass to Waddle, under thrown. Pass to Wilson, under thrown or it would have been a TD. Pass to Parker, inaccurate due to weak arm. Pass to Ahmed, wtf was he doing, completely off target.

I bet you defend Gase on here. Probably posted “In Gase we Trust” crap

I could only watch red zone, listen to our radio, and look at stats.
My interp was that Tua did not play great. Missed some receivers, no real deep completions, etc.
Is that right or did he play fairly well?

You obviously didn’t watch the game. Pass to Waddle, under thrown. Pass to Wilson, under thrown or it would have been a TD. Pass to Parker, inaccurate due to weak arm. Pass to Ahmed, wtf was he doing, completely off target.

I bet you defend Gase on here. Probably posted “In Gase we Trust” crap
The only thing I see tua is good at is short little passes. This won't be enough to beat top NFL teams. I was rooting for the kid and obviously wish he was the solution but unfortunately he isn't.

It was tough to watch Fiedler throw deep. Tua's arm is definitely better but Tua isn't ripping the ball down field either. He's definitely a step above Fiedler. I see the comparisons with their competitiveness, general game management, and ability to make good short distance plays. I just see a lot in common. I hope Tua becomes much better than Fiedler but so far he hasn't shown that spark that many great QBs due early in their career. Marino, Elway, Brady, Watson and many others showed that spark early on. Even Manning did while he was struggling his rookie season. You could tell they were rookie growing pains but that he had it. I don't see that with Tua but I'm hopeful. Herbert is showing it which maybe clouds my views on Tua because I wish we had that for our team right now. All in due time I suppose.
Yeah, sad thing is that this conversation caused me to go back and watch some clips from Fiedler. First thing is that there are seemingly no Jay Fiedler hightlight reels. 😆 Second thing, I thought for sure he would have more Orande Gadsden TD's, but also apparently not. Apparently, Dan Marino had a ton. Also, apparently an old Dan Marino was better than anyone else we've had at QB. I can't believe the throws he was making even in his final season in the NFL. Even though his arm had clearly faded, he was still putting the ball in windows where his receiver had an advantage getting to it. And even though his arm had clearly faded, Dan Marino finds receivers he can throw open and his instincts on the field were just vastly different than the stuff we're seeing today.

I don't knock Tua for that, but I do miss even an old Dan Marino. He may as well have been the football version of General Patton.

It's like some here did not even watch the game

That pass to Wilson that just missed showed exactly the opposite of weak arm
It was under thrown! Wilson had the defender beat yet the defender got his hand on it. Like Marino said, there is no defense for a perfect pass. That pass was under thrown.

I thought the Wilson pass was pretty good, it was just defended very well. I was hoping to see more separation from our WR's, although even that was better than last year. My biggest surprise is that you all managed to get 36 pages on this topic.

It was under thrown! Wilson had the defender beat yet the defender got his hand on it. Like Marino said, there is no defense for a perfect pass. That pass was under thrown.

Sorry i disagree. Great play by the defender on a well thrown long ball

I thought the Wilson pass was pretty good, it was just defended very well. I was hoping to see more separation from our WR's, although even that was better than last year. My biggest surprise is that you all managed to get 36 pages on this topic.

Yea after a big win you would think Fin fans would have something good to say

If that pass was any higher Wilson wouldn’t have been able to come down in bounds. Maybe he could have led him a bit more outside, but the pass was good and the defender made a great play.

Sheesh, I came in here as someone not sold on Tua, and now even I have to defend him.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
After further evaluation of last game Tua is not very good. He is good at slants that about it. His pocket awareness is putris and his abilities are suspect. I'm now on the Watson train.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom