Ok. Gase Is Coaching Scared, But Rt’s To Blame As Well | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok. Gase Is Coaching Scared, But Rt’s To Blame As Well

Now we've reverted to blaming tannehill for not defying the coach.... nice.

Marino sure as hell wouldn't have put up with that. Does Gase actually believe in Tannehill? That last drive says otherwise. That was a pathetic last drive attempt when you know the defense has been giving up chunk plays all day.

Does it?

Examples please

That's like asking me for proof that I saw someone wearing their seat belt on the road last month. Not everything is easily accessible on the internet. I've seen interviews with QBs who admitted to doing exactly that even if they didn't have privileges to audible, and they're not all Hall of Famers.

That's like asking me for proof that I saw someone wearing their seat belt on the road last month. Not everything is easily accessible on the internet. I've seen interviews with QBs who admitted to doing exactly that even if they didn't have privileges to audible, and they're not all Hall of Famers.
Finomenal is right. QBs do check out of plays, it’s called an “audible”.

Anyone who follows football knows this, asking Finomenal for examples is silly.

Come on man

In case you need further explanation, you can use a funny little site on the internet I found. It’s called “Google”. See below:

“In American football, the quarterback relays to his teammates in the huddle what play the coach has called. The play is a mental blueprint or diagram for every player on the field. Quarterbacks are also allowed to audibilize, or change the play at the line of scrimmage. A changed play is called an audible.”

Come on man

To be fair, I think his argument is that QBs who aren't allowed to audible don't audible.

I don't think its fair to put the blame on Tannehill for that specific play or even the game...lets be serious, the playcalling was subpar on those last few drives and our D couldn't tighten up when it needed to and let a 10 point lead dwindle to a 3 point loss...regardless of whether or Tannehill will be here next year if theres a new coach is irrelevant, he played a good game, not great, but good enough to win if his coach and D helped him out a little

We should try to model ourselves after the Rams. When the coach got there they were 32 in offense. He did what it took to get his QB, snagged Gurley and they are awesome.

LOL, what?

All those elite pieces were already in place for that star coach to take over.

:lol:

I'd love to see how that meeting goes with Ross after he does that.

You act like it couldn’t happen. Did you think Ajayi was possible? Landry? The fact is, this coach has shown definitively by his actions, not just words, that those who do not go with the system will be dealt with harshly. You think Ross isn’t going to listen to his hand picked coach over the QB that has now missed nearly two full seasons of playing time and is likely not to be here next year? Gase has 2 more years on his contract, I believe.

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Gase has more leverage than RT.

sparano philbin gase. dolphins have always been cheap.

Then we're gonna have to go ahead and file your claim of "great qb's defy their coach" into the 'just outright insanity' file.

Some of you can't be f***ing serious with this ****? It was a close game, a hard fought loss. At least it was a competitive game. The real issue is gase at the end of the game. Tannehill threw an ugly pass or two that should've been intercepted if you want to ridicule him for something that might have some more ground to it

Come on man

In case you need further explanation, you can use a funny little site on the internet I found. It’s called “Google”. See below:

“In American football, the quarterback relays to his teammates in the huddle what play the coach has called. The play is a mental blueprint or diagram for every player on the field. Quarterbacks are also allowed to audibilize, or change the play at the line of scrimmage. A changed play is called an audible.”

This isn’t Varsity Blues. Gase isn’t Bud Kilmer, and Tannehill isn’t Moxon. There are no lofty agendas to change how the team plays football for future generations or anything ridiculously Hollywood like that. This game is a business, nothing more.

Are we sure RT was allowed to audible on those drives? Got proof? Is it possible that Gase said ”this is what we are doing, period”? Do we know that RT didn’t voice displeasure over this? We don’t know anything.

I wonder how many of you defy your boss at work when you don’t agree with their direction just so you will look better to your co workers? I bet not many, and if you do, how many would either have to quit or be fired?

Try and ground yourselves in reality for once instead of just beating the anti-Tannehill drum over and over. Regardless of his faults, yesterday was not on him, it was on the coach.

When Gase was aggressive with 8 minutes left and threw on both 1st and 2nd down... if the offense had gotten a first down do we not win that game?

Not an RT fan!!!
**** gase!!!!

I will not fault a guy who is clearly injured being put in a position to execute orders of a complete imbecile.

Then we're gonna have to go ahead and file your claim of "great qb's defy their coach" into the 'just outright insanity' file.

Some of you can't be f***ing serious with this ****? It was a close game, a hard fought loss. At least it was a competitive game. The real issue is gase at the end of the game. Tannehill threw an ugly pass or two that should've been intercepted if you want to ridicule him for something that might have some more ground to it

Yeah, you got me. I'm a liar. Dan Marino never admitted to it. Neither did Matt Ryan, Colin Kaepernick, or Alex Smith, who I all saw on interviews talking about it. This, "Pics or it didn't happen" era is annoying.

To be fair, I think his argument is that QBs who aren't allowed to audible don't audible.
If RT isn’t “allowed” to call an audible, then that tells you everything you need to know about Gase AND RT.

RT doesn’t bite. Never has, never will

Back
Top Bottom