Omar laying out the FACTS | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar laying out the FACTS

No, you seem level-headed but you are the exception. I've seen other posters hold Tua solely responsible and call him the worst QB in the NFL. Mind you this is an NFL that employs the likes of Jacoby Brissett and Nathan Peterman.
And Flores decided to start Brissett in the Ravens game instead of Tua who was fine coming off the bench. I still wonder what was going on there. Brissett wanted to go back in the game so badly. Brissett has no idea how much he sucks.

Care to make a large wager donation to Finheaven on that? Ill bet you that Herbert wins the Superbowl within the next 5 years.
Oh if I was a gambling man, I would. The odds are in my favor. Only one team in 32 win the Super Bowl. You only gave him 5 years to do it. I'm not knocking Herbert, just pointing put the odds.

I just don’t think Ross had anything to do with the decision to play Tua in 2020. If it was indeed Flores decision to draft Tua and the Dolphins were winning with Fitzpatrick at QB, there was no reason for Ross to pressure Flores to play him.

Ross has always stated that he wants a playoff team in Miami. So it would make no sense for him to insist they play Tua when he was coming off major hip surgery and hasn’t played in a game for nearly a year. The Dolphins were playing well enough with Fitzpatrick at QB and Gailey was hired to be the OC with Fitzpatrick as his QB.

I have no insight as to why the switch to Tua was made at the time but I really don’t think Ross had anything to do with that switch of QB’s.
What doesn’t make sense to me is why Flores would bench Fitz 6 games into the season. He handpicked Gailey to come in to work specifically with Fitz. Why would he bench Fitz and then be behind the 8 ball the rest of the season offensively with a rookie Qb that the OC wasn’t familiar with? Makes no sense to me.

According to your standards Stafford is a bust. I’m reality he’s just a guy with a big arm who can’t raise the level of his team, and he had Megatron.

No. As I said 10,000 times my evaluations have nothing to do with stats, winning or losing.

If you think he didnt elevate Detroit btw you don't appreciate how bad Detroit has been over the last...forever...but that isnt even my argument.

Don't just assume my standards. I've laid them out before but I'd rather someone ask than assume.

To me, the Watson move was a last ditch effort to save Flo's job. A HC that has gone through 3, 4, 5 OC's in 3 years doesn't inspire confidence from fans, players, or the owner of the franchise.

I said that Flores hitched himself to Godsey/Studesville when he promoted them both. No turning back. Succeed or be replaced.

To me, the Watson move was a last ditch effort to save Flo's job. A HC that has gone through 3, 4, 5 OC's in 3 years doesn't inspire confidence from fans, players, or the owner of the franchise.

I said that Flores hitched himself to Godsey/Studesville when he promoted them both. No turning back. Succeed or be replaced.
What's even stranger here is Flores was pushing hard for Watson but even if the deal was done there was no guarantee the league would have let Watson play once he got here then what? Wasted draft picks out the window.

What's even stranger here is Flores was pushing hard for Watson but even if the deal was done there was no guarantee the league would have let Watson play once he got here then what? Wasted draft picks out the window.

Right. And if Watson would have been traded to us and then suspended, Flo would probably still be here. Built in excuse.

Its a pointless debate. Comming out of College Tua has the high rated prospect... had he not had injuries he probably woulda went ahead of Burrow.

Its happened since the beginning of the league. Todd Blackledge went ahead of Marino... over 10 Qbs were drafted ahead of Brady.

Herbert is great, we missed, it happens. Move on.
I still remember the sting in 1998 on Randy Moss when we traded #19 to GB for #29 (John Avery) and a secomd rounder. Ugh!

Its only wasted draft picks if he had one year left on his deal. This guy is 26 and has years left on the contract and could be the QB for the next decade without question, even if he is suspended for a few games.

Barry Jackson article states that Grier and Flores both signed off on all personnel moves over the last three seasons with Flores often having more say than Grier.

Of course. Any level headed fan should of known this was the case. Knowing Griers personality, Flores definitely had final say.

Care to make a large wager donation to Finheaven on that? Ill bet you that Herbert wins the Superbowl within the next 5 years.
I made a bet on the Matt Ryan, and before the bet was through, the guy got banned. So no, I can donate to the site regardless and don’t have to repeat the same juvenile pissing contest. If I’m right, I’m right, if not I’ll come back and eat crow. I just seriously doubt that will ever happen based on Herbie trends in his past.

Herbert didnt choke..he play good his defense choke..his coach coke and call time out...
As soon as the raiders kicked the Fg I knew the game was over. All Herbie had to do is drive down for a TD like he did earlier. I was positive that he would fall short, and……. He did.

Again I’m not comparing him to Tua, Herbie’s better. I’m comparing him to himself. I just don’t see a winner.

No. As I said 10,000 times my evaluations have nothing to do with stats, winning or losing.

If you think he didnt elevate Detroit btw you don't appreciate how bad Detroit has been over the last...forever...but that isnt even my argument.

Don't just assume my standards. I've laid them out before but I'd rather someone ask than assume.
You are the spin doctor of the forum

Back
Top Bottom