Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back

Quote me someone saying Tua has superior arm strenght.
I stated in my post: "I wouldn't expect much from Tua in terms of arm strength."

I was asked if I was watching same guy. I am. Statistically, Tua has poor arm strength.

Where's your confusion?

I am nowhere absolutely convinced Tua is the guy, but I'm excited to see what he brings year TWO.

I stated in my post: "I wouldn't expect much from Tua in terms of arm strength."

I was asked if I was watching same guy. I am. Statistically, Tua has poor arm strength.

Where's your confusion?
From the chart you posted, Tua basically has the same arm strenght as Watson... Does Watson have poor arm strenght in your opinion?

From the chart you posted, Tua basically has the same arm strenght as Watson... Does Watson have poor arm strenght in your opinion?
Moving goalposts again I see. My opinion of Watson's arm strength from 2017 is irrelevant. This has nothing to do with DeShaun Watson.

This has to do with Tua. Tua's arm strength is weak. Statistically.

Say it with me now, "Tua's arm strength is weak, and that's OK." You can still believe in him, and root for the Dolphins.

Thank you!

Tua having a strong arm is just demonstrably false by the numbers (below) and by numerous scouting reports.

View attachment 78073

...This isn't a "hater" thing, it's a factual thing.
I don't know. Charting arm strength a few months after a broken hip and surgery seems a hater-ish thing to post as a talking point.

Let's check out his 2021 chart and 2022 chart and get back to it.

Let me see:

1) Tannehill hasn't played for the Dolphins for what, two or three years.

2) There was a very long thread about Tannehill after he left the team.

Certainly timely information or relevant information are not Omar's specialty, are they!

Moving goalposts again I see. My opinion of Watson's arm strength from 2017 is irrelevant. This has nothing to do with DeShaun Watson.

This has to do with Tua. Tua's arm strength is weak. Statistically.

Say it with me now, "Tua's arm strength is weak, and that's OK." You can still believe in him, and root for the Dolphins.
Not moving goal posts at all... You're saying Tua's arm is weak, just trying understand your statement and using one of the good QBs in the NFL as a benchmark...

Im lost here... You're using a chart to say Tua has a weak arm, Im comparing Tua to someone on that chart and you're telling me its irrelevant... And I'm moving goal posts?

Last edited:
I don't know. Charting arm strength a few months after a broken hip and surgery seems a hater-ish thing to post as a talking point.

The chart was from his college season in 2020.

Not moving goal posts at all... You're saying Tua's arm is weak, just trying understand your statement and using one of the good QBs in the NFL as a benchmark...

Im lost here... You're using a chart to say Tua has a weak arm, Im comparing Tua to someone on that chart and you're telling me its irrelevant... And I'm moving goal posts?
Yes, I know you are lost. Deshaun's 2017 season has nothing to do with Tua's 2020 college season. Focus on Tua. Maybe that'll help.

I believe the numbers on that chart for the 2020 rookies come from their college days.

But I'm willing to say Tua did not have impressive velocity on his throws in college. It's not the same as Pennington, who had an inability to push the ball downfield (not hating on Chad). Tua could still make accurate downfield throws. He also got the ball out extremely fast. But no, I didn't see a guy that was "throwing it on a rope."

But since this specific chart is being accepted as evidence that he unquestionably has a "weak arm," I do think the question "Does Watson also have a weak arm?" is valid considering his numbers are almost identical to Tua's.

If you believe Tua has a weak arm but aren't willing to say yes to that question, then at the very least the chart should be left out of the discussion.

Last edited:
Yes, I know you are lost. Deshaun's 2017 season has nothing to do with Tua's 2020 college season. Focus on Tua. Maybe that'll help.
Then why did you post the chart??? Its YOUR chart. If its irrelevant what was the purpose of the chart to begin with? Come the **** on man! LMAO!

Then why did you post the chart??? Its YOUR chart. If its irrelevant what was the purpose of the chart to begin with? Come the **** on man! LMAO!
Because the chart states Tua's arm strength/velocity. It's rather relevant when discussing Tua's arm strength in a thread about Tua's arm strength.

Maybe you should start a thread about DeShaun Watson's arm strength in 2017?

Back
Top Bottom