Other Players to be Traded? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Other Players to be Traded?

With two DEs cut, I was wondering about Clowney too...

The issue is we have Lawson, Van Noy and KC DE whose name escapes me. We are thin at WR. I would take Clowney but I think we are OK at DE even with these cuts. Now in retrospect I could see Clownwy at 17 mil over Lawson at 10 mil possibly though Clowneys sack numbers are not great. But Clowney is a disruptor.

i think those quick slants were more jeudy and ruggs and waddle vs the citadel and duke and new mexico state than because tua.

I get that his stats were not as elite when the comp stiffened but still put damn good numbers up on LSU and gave them their best game of the year and that was on a sore ankle after surgery. Last great time played before surgery.

I get that his stats were not as elite when the comp stiffened but still put damn good numbers up on LSU and gave them their best game of the year and that was on a sore ankle after surgery. Last great time played before surgery.
yeah i was just saying you don't need tua for a quick slant to go 60 yards.

not sure why people are all for dumping wilson and grant. grant might be replaceable as a WR, but wilson doesn't have a replacement on this team. And despite a DVP last season, nothing has shown us he's capable of doing it two seasons in a row, and before last season our best WR was stills and it wasn't even close.

I think Parker has always shown the ability to put up the elite level numbers if used in that role and if he made himself available for that role for a majority of the season.

If anything I would try to trade for another rotational NT. Kind of surprised we didn't resign Jenkins who played pretty well.

I think we moved back in the 2nd round for him and threw in a 5th. Not nearly as dramatic as giving up a 2nd
Not trying to be arguementative, but the trade back was independent of the trade itself, so yeah, we gave up a second and fifth.

I don't think so. Clowney doesn't fit the mold. Selfish player won't cut it around here. I also want to see if Wilson can continue his late season surge. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field at the same time with Brieda and Grant. Need this speed on offense for go along with pound it out running game.

You fell for it.

Dude has been about Clowney and that 17-18mil ask for awhile now. Even though the money no longer exists and Clowney the player just doesnt produce enough for that ask in contract.

Next year we will get a first round pick for Tua, so we can get extra ammo to move up for Lawrence.

Yup, im not getting over it. A healthy Lawrence over a risky Tua anyday

I'll take Albert Wilson over a lot of receivers in the NFL. Remember he was a big weapon on the Chiefs and we snagged him from them. He really was fun to watch until he got hurt. The best thing I ever saw Gase do was design cool packages utilizing Wilson and Grant.

Healthy Albert Wilson is a stud.

If we aren't absolutely desperate for cap space (we aren't), I can't fathom anyone thinking we should get rid of him.

Stud? Because he flashed here and there, nothing consistently?

69 rec
742 yards
5 TDS

Combined the last 2 years.

And the real doozy, 20 games played.

Last edited:
I'll take Albert Wilson over a lot of receivers in the NFL. Remember he was a big weapon on the Chiefs and we snagged him from them. He really was fun to watch until he got hurt. The best thing I ever saw Gase do was design cool packages utilizing Wilson and Grant.

No he wasnt.

Kelce, Hunt and Hill were the big weapons.

Hardman as a rookie last year looks like a potential stud though.

We have a 1 and a #2 at DT plus some good depth. We just brought in some Edge players. I'd rather develop guys like Wilkins, Davis, Godcheux etc than bring in Clowney. He must not be a great team mate or club house guy??

Albert should be cut soon to make room for Clowney
Clowney is not coming to Miami. He has made it known that he really has no interest in playing for the Dolphins. I think he ends up with the Colts, Titans, or Jets If he ends up not resigning with Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom