Our Future Drafts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Future Drafts

Obviously can't be positive, but 99% sure we trade a pick or two or three between years. We are not fixing this team in 1 year so trading a first round pick for a first the following and a second.... Skies the limit.

I think he absolutely has to flip some of these picks for future picks. Maximize opportunities with a large draft haul every year. It's the NE approach and what JJ used to great effect.

I'm hesitant about Grier, but one thing I have definitely seen as an improvement since T-bum left is that he seems to understand this concept. T-bum was itching to package picks for mediocre players whenever he could.

This draft haul gives them flexibility. If for whatever reason they don't end up with #1 overall pick and that team is open for business, these picks can be packaged to get the QB. That is the only scenario where I'd want to see a trade up.

Other than that, I'd like to make the selections where they are, or trade out for future draft picks to keep the annual draft stockpile large.

A second this year should get you a first in 2021. Why would we trade a first this year for a first next year?
Would get a first this year and next,say Pittsburgh pick is 8-10 and a team like GB/ SD/insert win now team picking mid 20’s sees a prospect that’s going to help them win now, we trade back to mid 20’s and grab a 1st for next year. Maybe doesn’t happen in the 1st but I fully expect Grier to pick up 2-3 more 2021 picks then when the draft starts.

No this didnt happen

Trade was Tannehill, a 6 and $5 million . . . For a 4 and a 7

I'm sorry I should have said did Miami include it's 4th in the Tunsil deal and it's 5th to the Cardinals in the Rosen deal?

Excellent post. Again the concern about Grier that is valid is how much say or no say did he have over the last several years. Also you have to question if some of the voices changing in places of power (ie Allen, McKenzie, and Engroff) will have more of an impact than the old voices
I am sensing a future Chambers files here....

I'm sorry I should have said did Miami include it's 4th in the Tunsil deal and it's 5th to the Cardinals in the Rosen deal?

Yea the 5th was in the Rosen deal and the 4th was in the Tunsil deal
Plus we lose a 4th here in the Pitt trade.

All 2020 picks.

Yea the 5th was in the Rosen deal and the 4th was in the Tunsil deal
Plus we lose a 4th here in the Pitt trade.

All 2020 picks.

It sucks losing two 4th round picks, both of which could be very early day three selections. However, Miami has the draft ammo in the earlier rounds so maybe they can move back a few spots in the earlier rounds and pick up a 3rd or 4th round pick to soften the blow.

It sucks losing two 4th round picks, both of which could be very early day three selections. However, Miami has the draft ammo in the earlier rounds so maybe they can move back a few spots in the earlier rounds and pick up a 3rd or 4th round pick to soften the blow.

Yea, these were used as sweetener picks to get picks in higher rounds. Plus they opted for some 2021 stuff while giving up 2020 picks because of the amount of picks they knew they would have.

I think currently its:

3 1sts (Tunsil and Minkah)
2 2nds (Saints)
2 3rds (JJ Comp pick)
0 4ths
3 5ths (Wake Comp and Minkah trade)

So in the next 2 years as of right now we have 10 draft picks in the top 3 rounds. To go along with that the next to draft classes are expected to be loaded. So here are the points I want to use for hopefully a good debate. Chris Grier has done a great job of clearing up cap space and gaining draft picks, but can he be trusted with the picks? That is what we will soon find out. Honestly, with the amount of picks we will have, even being slightly competent should add some building blocks.

Be frustrated in the moment, but enjoy the process

Did we give the Steelers the titans fourth or ours? I’m praying it was the Titans.

Back
Top Bottom