**Phins/Chiefs post-game | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Phins/Chiefs post-game

Well just look at your own pick then. Tell me he shouldn't have caught that.. its literally right there for him to grab.
I honestly don’t know if you’re just busting balls here or what. Check the picture and then replay the video. That snap was absolutely rifled back by Williams. It was well off to Tua’s right and he only managed to get one hand on it. So are you saying it should have been a one-handed stab on the snap?

Well just look at your own pick then. Tell me he shouldn't have caught that.. its literally right there for him to grab.
I wouldn't say should have. Could have? Yes. But that was just one play with no guarantee we win if he does catch the snap.

In terms of snaps...other than the last one, they were pretty good today. Worst one came at a bad time.

I honestly don’t know if you’re just busting balls here or what. Check the picture and then replay the video. That snap was absolutely rifled back by Williams. It was well off to Tua’s right and he only managed to get one hand on it. So are you saying it should have been a one-handed stab on the snap?
Haha, I'm just calling out what I see. Yes, it also was a rifle of a bad snap. But... Tua could have caught that. It it him right in the hands. But yes, Williams didn't do him any favors by rifling a dart off to the right a little bit. Just enough to **** it all up. It's on both of them. And I'm pissed because that is the absolute worst way to end a game that had OT written all over it...

Haha, I'm just calling out what I see. Yes, it also was a rifle of a bad snap. But... Tua could have caught that. It it him right in the hands. But yes, Williams didn't do him any favors by rifling a dart off to the right a little bit. Just enough to **** it all up. It's on both of them. And I'm pissed because that is the absolute worst way to end a game that had OT written all over it...
Couldn't be any more accurate. Any other snap, this is a whoopsiendaisy, hell who can fault CW coming off the bench. Eich, this is an everyday multi occurrence. Problem is it happens at the most inopportune time imaginable and so much focus zooms in on it.

In the end it's up to the C and QB to be in sync and by the way the game played out, it wasn't mean to be. IIRC this wasn't the only snap that was pooched.

100% agree with you on the final point.

Expect there's already plenty of comment on the fumble recovery TD that ultimately was the difference on the scoreboard. My own view is twofold:

1. It was not a reception as he never had control.

2. If it was a reception then surely forward progress had been stopped. The fumble occurred 4 yards behind the point of the catch.

Feels like double dipping on incorrect calls.

Welp, I'm a man of my word. Albeit to myself, I still keep it!

Planning on bourbon for the win. Depending on the amount we win by will be EHT, Blantons, Stagg, Michters 10 or if we lose Angles Envy Cask Strength, ugh.

So be it. Opened up the box for the AE. This **** is 120 proof, but the most delicious 120 you could get. For the connoisseurs:

PXL_20231106_015015355_exported_1382_1699235568025.jpg

How many points are you expecting Zach Wilson to put up against our defense?
How about 15 which would be enough to beat our average against good defenses this year.

You do know who did manage to beat the Bills and Eagles don’t you?

You are using regular season losses as reasons the Dolphins can’t be successful in the playoffs. Every single year, successful playoff teams lose multiple games during the regular season. No one keeps historical track of who those teams those are.

The Dolphins just need to get into the playoffs. After that, they can beat anyone, IMHO.
I’m not saying they can’t be successful but the odds get worse away from home as we have seen 3 times now against a quality opponent. When Miami went to super bowls they were winning home playoff games. Winning the division is important, a better seed helps. Offense not showing up and dropping these games is hurting our chances, just saying whoever wins the SB will have a few losses is not a comfort. Hopefully we get hot at the right time but right now we are just another 3 loss team with delusions of grandeur. Will be a dog fight down the stretch and we’ve lost our margin for error that we had starting the season 2-0 on the road and getting a string of lesser opponents at home.

As I have said could he catch it sure, but it would have been a nice snag as he only got one hand on it. The main question is WTF was Williams thinking? Did he think Tua was 15 yards back, dude put some heat on that snap.

Bottom line is there is plenty of blame to go around on offense from center snap to Tua, Hill and Waddle not making big catches, Hill’s fumble, coach, etc. it all adds up to 14 points and a loss. I’m not blaming any one person but so far in these big games we are wilting. Defense is getting better so there is hope.

The Dolphins definitely have a problem that they need to fix. It was all fun and games when Mostert and Achane were running wild, but this is showing why the Dolphins still coveted Jonathan Taylor. He has more power and will fight and fall forward for tough yardage. This is what the Dolphins are missing, because they find themselves getting behind the sticks when the run game isn’t effective and the pass rush is getting home. Mostert gives his all, but he breaks the majority of his tackles against the second level. They have to find ways to consistently stay in 2nd/3rd and manageable against these tough defenses.

The Dolphins definitely have a problem that they need to fix. It was all fun and games when Mostert and Achane were running wild, but this is showing why the Dolphins still coveted Jonathan Taylor. He has more power and will fight and fall forward for tough yardage. This is what the Dolphins are missing, because they find themselves getting behind the sticks when the run game isn’t effective and the pass rush is getting home. Mostert gives his all, but he breaks the majority of his tackles against the second level. They have to find ways to consistently stay in 2nd/3rd and manageable against these tough defenses.
We need Achane back. Despite being fast and smaller guy he is a much tougher runner then Mostert. He also has better vision. Achane is actually tough to bring down and doesn’t really loose yards much at all.

This was also true of Achane in college as well. And he has actually gotten bigger since college because he stopped keeping his weight down for track. Go watch his film against LSU last year (who had a very good D) he was a workhorse in that game.

We need Achane back. Despite being fast and smaller guy he is a much tougher runner then Mostert. He also has better vision. Achane is actually tough to bring down and doesn’t really loose yards much at all.

This was also true of Achane in college as well. And he has actually gotten bigger since college because he stopped keeping his weight down for track. Go watch his film against LSU last year (who had a very good D) he was a workhorse in that game.
I definitely can agree with this. It could make all the difference. Before the season I was saying the same thing that he plays bigger than he is. My recency bias got the best of me. You’re 100% right. Achane does has better vision and rarely has had negative runs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom