Phins v. Pats- The Tale of the Tape (an honest look) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins v. Pats- The Tale of the Tape (an honest look)

an honest look!! please bro you gotta be f***in kidding me !!

the only advantage the pats have is coaching and QB

not that those things don't mean much but relax with the comparisons between ricky and faulk

and relax with the defensive comparisons, you guys are coached greatly and u play with heart but miami has more than enough talent to kick your teeth in the dirt !!

now thats honest

Quote of the week: "look at the face on parcels, he looks like he just drank a quart of motor oil!" Jim Mandich

It's obvious that the thread-starter hasn't seen the Phins much and only reads the stat sheets. Why else would you say "Konrad has been a disappointment most of his career" and "McMichael is fading again".

That's just example of why no one took you seriously.

Originally posted by Crennelichick

Weird, that's what the Colts said on their message board last week!! Hmm, maybe you know something we don't?:cool:

So funny how one yard more by the Colts and you would have nothing to say on thier boards, Yes the Pats made the play to save the game but again one yard more and your losers, I don't really see much to brag about.

Originally posted by jjdche
Not a very good troll if you ask me. If you really want to get under peoples skin you have to make it a little more truthful. Like this:

Everyone loves to talk about Miami's great cover corners, but the only thing they're great at is being overrated and getting meaningless picks. Miami's D is letting up over 60% completion rate and 232 passing yards/game, thats near the bottom of the NFL in both categories. On the other hand the Patriots rank in the top 5 in the NFL in Completion %, INTs, TDs allowed, Yds/att. and Opp QB rating.

Advantage, clearly PATS.

See, now you're learning.

I guess what might under our skin is that, just like your friend, took a quick look at the stat sheets and saw what you wanted to see.

You failed to mention that we are 4th in Sacks, 3rd in INTs, and 1st in PassTDs allowed......not to mention 4th in Rush Defense. Most importantly, we're 1st in Points Allowed.

Teams can't run on us or throw deep. So they throw short passes. But that's ok because they don't score much.

Now you're learning. :tongue:

Re: Re: Phins v. Pats- The Tale of the Tape (an honest look)

QB: Brady. I like Fiedler though.

RB: "LOL!" yes, LOL indeed.

WR: Our WR corps is better. Brown may not have more talent than Chambers but he is more productive. Branch would have more receptions and yards than Chambers if he wasn't out one week with an injury.

TE: McMichael is better than Fauria and Graham, but our Tight Ends as a whole are better. MIA TE: 42-537-3, NE TE: 52-582-4

OL: "Our Offensive Line, I won't get into that." Fair enough

DL: "Way better". No. Jason Taylor is one of the best pass rushers obviously, Ogunleye is having a good season. Any advantage you might have on the outside we have on the inside with Seymour and Washington.

LB: Thomas may be the best of the bunch, but after him and Seau you have nothing. Our LBs have good talent and way more depth. Push overall.

DB: Law is better than Surtain or Madison. Poole isn't, but he is having an above average season. I'd give you a SLIGHT edge at safety just because we have a rookie starting.

ST: Bethel Johnson, Act 2, Dec. 7

Coaching: No Comment.

The Dolphins have about the same talent as the Patriots, RB being the only glaring exception, but we have better coaches. It should be a close game, but the Dolphins suck on the road in December.

Originally posted by Muck

Teams can't run on us or throw deep. So they throw short passes. But that's ok because they don't score much.

Is 82 yards considered deep?

Originally posted by njfinfan
You're an idiot. An "honest" look? Not. Go back to your own board.
Jersey...

I just got done pointing out to some Pats fan that we don't allow personal attacks here. Now I see you saying the exact same thing. Notwithstanding that my dad was born and raised in East Orange, I gotta tell you to be cool, too.

But that was SOME post, huh?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

So funny how one yard more by the Colts and you would have nothing to say on thier boards, Yes the Pats made the play to save the game but again one yard more and your losers, I don't really see much to brag about.

Nothing to brag about!??? Well how about losing 14 starters in the first 3 weeks of the season only to hold the season together somehow, by some miracle to be 10-2 with 3 home games and one on the road left?? How about having the second best record in the entire NFL afther all the adversity???
How about the possibiltiy of eliminating the fish in week one of December??? How about the Colts and Titans falling to the Pats giving us the tie breaker and one of them has to lose this week, making the likelyhood of either of them getting home field advantage slimmer by the week?? Hmmm nothing to brag about, I guess you're right about that one!

Sure TBrown is one hell of a Pats fan and concedes nothing to you guys, that doesn't make him less of a person or stupid, but just blindly loyal and a believer. You guys all believe in your team and we believe in ours. Another thing, when this game is done, I make it a habit to come back and give props to the opponent, not run and hide or come back and jeer like the Bills fans. It's only the classy thing to do to show appreciation for you allowing us to post here and banter with all of you.
Here's to a great game, and the rivalry continues!:cool:

By the way, we're gonna take you down!

The Pats have overcome some adversity and have won games. I will contend though that they have made less their share of plays and other teams have MISSED their share of plays and that's why they've won.

The Colts missed not by design or excellent coaching on the Pats part, but by complete ineptitude from the Colts coaches. No runs to the outside, yet run right into the middle of the Pats line which is their strength w/o a TE or FB? Spread offense due to injuries should have resulted in a run to the outside. They have the most productive WR in the game and they don't throw to him they throw a low percentage fade pass to a rookie who never had a chance.

Texans miss a FG and allow a bogus loss to another of many completely horrible call in favor of the Pats.

Dolphins miss not one, but TWO FG's to win the game against yeah due to the dirt.

Bronco's make a completely horrible coaching decision in not keeping Safeties deep to watch for the TD against ya.

I don't see the Pats making many plays in there to win those games. It appears to me the other teams have been giving them to you. The one play I will say was made, was a great play by Brady on 4th and goal to the TE.

Excuses are for losers, the Pats don't make any. The coach won't tolerate excuses. When a player makes a good play, he reminds them of a play that was not so good to keep them grounded. The Pats made plays the opponents didn't. Is that luck?? Sure it is, but no team has ever won the Super Bowl without a heaping helping of luck, and the Pats are on a roll again this yr, so watch out when you come to Foxboro, cause we're gonna take you down!

Originally posted by jjdche

Is 82 yards considered deep?

I was waiting for someone to throw that in there. Yes, we get burned for 82-yard bombs all the time. [/sarcasm]

That was the exception and not the rule. In lay terms, "a fluke". And a reason why 31 of Brady's 34 attempts went for 9 yards or less.

QB- Brady's QB rating is .3 above Fiedlers for the season. Brady currently has been sucking a big hairy pair, while Fiedler has been on the upside. It's nowhere close to cut and dry.

RB- Hello? HELLO? Are you realizing what you typed? Did you think while writing this? Cloud, Faulk, and Smith are *AT BEST* 2nd stringers. If any of them faced the kind of attention Ricky did for a game, your rushing total would look like you got flagged for holding every play.

FB- What? You should quit talking.

WR- Chambers is better then every single one of your WR's? Even Troy Brown with his fullback-like YPC is nowhere near Chambers talent.

TE- McMicheal has faded? Hello, he's like #4 in yardage for TE's? Behind like ony Shockey, Heap, Gonzolez, and Sharpe? Graham is a bust.

OL- Woody would be our best linemen. Light might start, but no one would care about it much. Light is not that good.

DL- Seymour is a good DT, I'll give you that. But he's nowhere near the run stopper Tim Bowens is, and he's nowhere near the pass rusher O-gun or Taylor is.

LB- Bruschi, as good as Zach? Bruschi is a poorly put together made in Taiwan version of Zach.

DB- Ty Law is in the same league as Surtain. Surtain is currently the best corner in the league. You've got that, but there is noway in hell you can claim Law is better. Harrison is playing better then either of our safeties.

ST: I agree with special teams.

Coaching: Belichick pulled a major idiot job last weekend, and his team has been making bad errors recently?

How could someone type a thread so poor as that one?

Sure TBrown is one hell of a Pats fan and concedes nothing to you guys, that doesn't make him less of a person or stupid, but just blindly loyal and a believer.

Then if he's going to be a homer he shouldn't title the thread "An Honest Look"....because that does indeed make him look a little dim-witted.

Sure TBrown is one hell of a Pats fan and concedes nothing to you guys, that doesn't make him less of a person or stupid, but just blindly loyal and a believer. You guys all believe in your team and we believe in ours. Another thing, when this game is done, I make it a habit to come back and give props to the opponent, not run and hide or come back and jeer like the Bills fans. It's only the classy thing to do to show appreciation for you allowing us to post here and banter with all of you.
Here's to a great game, and the rivalry continues!:cool:

By the way, we're gonna take you down!

Actually, it makes him stupid if he really believes just about any of what he wrote in that pile of garbage that started this thread. How anyone can say that Mike Cloud, Kevin Faulk, and Antowain "I Can't Get in Football Shape Three Years In a Row" Smith are even fit to hold Ricky Williams' jock strap after a hard day of practice in the mud on a humid day is either dumb, dilusional or both.

It's fine and dandy to believe in your team and be a total homer but if you're going to be so don't go spewing your crap onto other team's MB's and expect a warm welcome. Really, do you expect us all to sit around here and say "gee, you sure are right there buddy..." considering he provided no backing for his half-witted remarks and, essentially, made a bunch of statements that even most level headed Patsy fans would balk at.

The fact is, most people around here are willing to concede certain points regarding the Patsies v. the 'Fins but there has to be some logic to back the statements; in the thread starters crap there was only crap where the logic should have been.

Back
Top Bottom