Play Off Picture | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Play Off Picture

That's awesome, thanks!

So if we lose against the Vikings and win the last two games, and at the same time the Cowboys beat the Colts and the Giants beat the Titans this week, we'll have a 70% of making the playoffs. I'll take that. Root hard for Dallas and New York.

Edit: We control our destiny if these things happen this week:
MIA win vs MIN
TB win vs BAL
DAL win vs IND
NYG win vs TEN

The Chargers winning last night was very helpful...

IT means they still have a shot at the division and a 1st round bye. They will be playing hard next week against the Ravens with a few extra days off/to prepare).

The Chargers winning last night was very helpful...

IT means they still have a shot at the division and a 1st round bye. They will be playing hard next week against the Ravens with a few extra days off/to prepare).

Yes but the weird thing is we may need the Ravens to tie the Colts if were tied with the Colts. Assuming we win our AFC games left, a 2 way tie w Colts were done, a 3 way tie with Colts and Ravens we get in due to conference record.

Deserve to go? after all of the injuries this this team has? Gase should be coach of the year!

The Steelers going 8-7-1 will kill us. Even if Miami, Balt and Indy tie at 9-7, we are out because Balt will win the division leaving us tied with Indy.
Either we win out or we pray the Steelers beat the Saints or the Pats.

That's awesome, thanks!

So if we lose against the Vikings and win the last two games, and at the same time the Cowboys beat the Colts and the Giants beat the Titans this week, we'll have a 70% of making the playoffs. I'll take that. Root hard for Dallas and New York.

Edit: We control our destiny if these things happen this week:
MIA win vs MIN
TB win vs BAL
DAL win vs IND
NYG win vs TEN

Your welcome! Their 141 Trillion ways the season could end. But, what is cool is you can see our percentages and ways to clinch. We can get as high as #2 or as low as NO PLAYOFFS. That is the beauty of it You have to play games, win as many as you can, and see where you end up!!! GO DOLPHINS CUT OFF THE VIQUEENS HEADS!!!!

In most scenarios if we make the playoffs, we would have to travel to NE to face the 3rd seed. A win there would truly be a miracle but I see a blowout loss for Miami in a revenge game.

The other scenario would involve Houston losing at least one of their remaining games. They play @ Jets, @ Philly, Jags at home. At that point we would travel to Houston....for our revenge game. I like this better.

We've never won in Houston ! Honestly we make the playoffs and it's one and out, but making the playoffs is a hell of an achievement for this squad, the talent level is extremely low, the person who deserves the credit is someone that's taken a bunch of crap on here and I'm not talking about the QB.

The Steelers going 8-7-1 will kill us. Even if Miami, Balt and Indy tie at 9-7, we are out because Balt will win the division leaving us tied with Indy.
Either we win out or we pray the Steelers beat the Saints or the Pats.

What if it Baltimore at 9-7. Steelers. At 8 -7-1
And Miami Indy and titans at 9-7. Would we get in then. Is that a possibility ? We would have better conference records then both.

What if it Baltimore at 9-7. Steelers. At 8 -7-1
And Miami Indy and titans at 9-7. Would we get in then. Is that a possibility ? We would have better conference records then both.

Don't know the answer but I do know that you have to break the division tie first. So if Indy wins that tie breaker straight up with the Titans we are back to losing the tie breaker straight up with Indy.

Hoping Andrew luck loses when the playoffs are in front of him is not a good feeling for me..

I think he runs the table so I have to look elsewhere for help.

Don't know the answer but I do know that you have to break the division tie first. So if Indy wins that tie breaker straight up with the Titans we are back to losing the tie breaker straight up with Indy.

Thanks
I forgot about that.
It looks like that titan colt game at the end of the season could affect us.
Right now the titans and colts are tied and very close on division records and conference record.

I guess this weekend will clear some of it up.

We need the Cowboys big time and it looks like they will be without Martin and not playing for much after that Philly win.

If the Ravens go 2-1, Titans go 2-1, and Colts go 1-2 then our Fins could still make the playoffs even if they lose to the Vikings tomorrow.

Using the ny times simulator, I have the Titans losing to the Giants, the Ravens losing to the Chargers, the Colts losing to the Cowboys and Titans and our Fins losing to the Vikings but beating both Jags and Bills to end the season and sneaking into the playoffs.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...phins-nfl-playoff-picture.html#event=wildcard

If the Colts beat the Cowboys tomorrow then it gets really tough and our Fins will need to win in Minnesota to keep a good chance alive.

Back
Top Bottom