Play Off Picture | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Play Off Picture

oh no doubt. While I still am hopeful that we can win out. I esp wish we would have handled business against the Colts. We blew a 10 point lead! smh total choke job that COULD come back to haunt us.

That and the Cincinnati game are keeping us from controlling our destiny for the division and being in the thick of it for a bye.

Though mathematically still in the playoff race with the loss today we can say that Denver said good bye to the playoffs.
Cleveland kept its mathematical chances but just like Denver the best they can do is 8 wins and that will just not be enough for a playoff spot this year.

So right now it comes down to the Ravens (7-6), Titans (7-6), Colts (7-6) and us (7-6) for the last spot.

Tomorrow
Dolphins @ Vikings
Buccaneers @ Ravens
Titans @ Giants
Cowboys @ Colts

If everything goes well we could be in a two-team race with the Ravens by tomorrow evening.

Though if we win and the Pats should lose that may open a brandnew avenue for us.

someone on this site has been drinking heavily talking about playoffs(gregorygrant83) lol

It is pretty much official now.

If more than 2 teams finish 9-7 and Miami is one of them . . . They get the 6 seed.

Welp, we kept saying this is the one game they could lose and sure enough. So now what?

Both Indy and Tenn are at 8 wins and they play each other final week. They both also have easy games next week. Add in Balt at 8 wins and I would say even if we win out we aren’t getting in. Every single game went bad for us today.

Knew we couldn't trust the NFC East teams today to help us out. We needed to win out to have any chance, so it's pretty much over now.

Our playoff picture is as good as this picture.

seven-drawing-sins-2-mind-photo.png

Correct me if I’m wrong but if both the Colts and Titans win next week (and both have easy teams hypothetically), Miami is eliminated from the playoffs since either the Colts or Titans will finish 10-6 since they play each other Week 17.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if both the Colts and Titans win next week (and both have easy teams hypothetically), Miami is eliminated from the playoffs since either the Colts or Titans will finish 10-6 since they play each other Week 17.

Yup, we're done if both win next week.

Basically we need either team to lose next week then loser would need to beat the other team the following week. Assuming our Fins win out, we'd need the Ravens to tie with us if Colts are that team.

OK to pretend for a time (a fans right to be delusional) but seriously -- from preseason to this least game

this team has never resembled a viable playoff team IMO.

The best we could hope for was "lucking in" and then getting thumped!

Such fun!

OK to pretend for a time (a fans right to be delusional) but seriously -- from preseason to this least game

this team has never resembled a viable playoff team IMO.

The best we could hope for was "lucking in" and then getting thumped!

Such fun!

True, sneaking into the playoffs probably means an embarassing loss on national television given there 1-6 road record. But it also means with the crazy year of injuries and setbacks Miami was still a top 6 AFC team. It's basically an extension of hope, a chance to feel good for one more week, and nothing more than optimism into next season.

Back
Top Bottom