Poll: Would you Give a 1st & 3rd for Miles Austin? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Would you Give a 1st & 3rd for Miles Austin?

Would you give up a 1st & 3rd Round Pick for Miles Austin

• Total voters
No way I would give up a first and a third on a one year wonder. Why not sign Antonio Bryant and not give up a first round pick. He has proven much more

Voted NO. He's a very promising WR, and I'd love to have him, but not for this year's 1st and 3rd round picks. That's a little too steep in my opinion...

~BK~

Voted NO. He's a very promising WR, and I'd love to have him, but not for this year's 1st and 3rd round picks. That's a little too steep in my opinion...

~BK~

Exactly, he could turn out to be very good, but he could also turn out to be another Alvin Harper.

The guy does everything right and people are nipple twisting and clamoring for Brandon Marshall. Yeesh.

lets just draft a guy that does everything right

I know our FO can do it

becoming a #1 and staying there is alot of hard work, who is to say that with 10 pounds of muscle and 2 more years of hard work that Hartline couldn't be that guy? Austin started as a skinny ST guy with very few catches and now he is a yolked YAC denizen

I don't think you guys are appreciative of the talent that Austin showed this year.

I'm interested to see what you'd do(or try to do) as a GM in the offseason. So far from the posts I've seen it looks like you would pay the price to get Austin, then pick the best available OLB in the 2nd round.

How about the Dolphins trade their 1st round (#12th pick) and 3rd round picks to a team at the lower end of the draft order (say #s 25-32), for their 1st and 3rd plus some additional picks - say a 2nd round pick or various higher picks. Then send the higher 1st and 3rd round picks (from the trade) to Dallas for Austin, and still have some additional picks from trading their picks. If this is possible, I think it would work great. Austin is big 6'2", fast 4.47 40 and can jump 40.5" vertical. With him we would be set at receiver for many years. What do you think?

I don't think you guys are appreciative of the talent that Austin showed this year.

I appreciate what he did this year.
I appreciate what Bryant did in 2008.
I appreciate what Bralon Edwards did in 2007.
I appreciate what Lee Evans did in 2006.
I appreciate what Chris Chambers did in 2005.
I appreciate what Drew Bennet did in 2004.

Most of these guys were more established when they had a nice year and would not give a 1st and a 3rd for any of these guys. You dont trade a high first round pick for a guy that has put up only one very good season and three seasons hardly playing. Thats bad trade value. The kind of trade that sets a team back more often than not.

I appreciate what he did this year.
I appreciate what Bryant did in 2008.
I appreciate what Bralon Edwards did in 2007.
I appreciate what Lee Evans did in 2006.
I appreciate what Chris Chambers did in 2005.
I appreciate what Drew Bennet did in 2004.

Most of these guys were more established when they had a nice year and would not give a 1st and a 3rd for any of these guys. You dont trade a high first round pick for a guy that has put up only one very good season and three seasons hardly playing. Thats bad trade value. The kind of trade that sets a team back more often than not.
I see your point, but my eyes tell me that Austin is far more talented than most of that list.

Nearly everyone here wants to use a first on Dez Bryant, but doesn't want to use a 1 and 3 on a proven stud? If you trade the 1 and 3 on Austin, that position is taken care of for a decade. No question. Dez Bryant, like any other college WR, is a maybe. And if we traded, we would still have all the other picks plus all the FA money for LBs

You're calling Austin proven? He had 18 receptions in 3 years before this year. He may be the next great WR but he is far from proven.

You're calling Austin proven? He had 18 receptions in 3 years before this year. He may be the next great WR but he is far from proven.
Calling him a proven stud was a stretch on my part, but he is certainly somewhat proven. He put up a monster year and displayed some pretty amazing skills. He has proved a lot more than any receiver in the upcoming draft class.

I see your point, but my eyes tell me that Austin is far more talented than most of that list.

I guess, I dont see him as more talented than Evans or Edwards but just making a point that one season is not worth giving up a first ad a third for.

How about if Dallas offers a swap of firsts and a third for Austin?

I'd be good with that deal.

How about if Dallas offers a swap of firsts and a third for Austin?

I'd be good with that deal.
\
i wouldnt do that deal. we go from getting an upper level pick to basically a second round pick. Thats like getting Donald Brown instead of Knowshown Moreno. We have a much better chance of getting an impact player at 12 than late 20's if we draft smartly. Although if we overdraft a college player based on hype like Ted Ginn then we might as well trade down.

Back
Top Bottom