Post Preseason Game #3: Stock Report | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Preseason Game #3: Stock Report

Great post Kdawg. I agree with just about everything you wrote. Henne just seems like a different guy out there, dont even look at the numbers at you can still just SEE the difference. Changing plays at the line, directing his guys, man its great. The only person I am a little bit confused with is Livas. Not your analysis of him, because I agree he did not do much. But man, he took every single return...I have to think that they really want him back there returning kicks. I dont know, maybe they just wanted to get a really good look, but I was suprised we did not see any Gates, or anyone else for that matter.

Henne looked good despite the fact that the o-line gave him no time. Pressure was coming from everywhere on the sacks, on the fumble I thought that if it had gone rule an incomplete pass, looked like his arm was going forward

His arm and the ball were basically at his side. There is no way he couldve been going foward. It was the right call.

Great post Kdawg. I agree with just about everything you wrote. Henne just seems like a different guy out there, dont even look at the numbers at you can still just SEE the difference. Changing plays at the line, directing his guys, man its great. The only person I am a little bit confused with is Livas. Not your analysis of him, because I agree he did not do much. But man, he took every single return...I have to think that they really want him back there returning kicks. I dont know, maybe they just wanted to get a really good look, but I was suprised we did not see any Gates, or anyone else for that matter.

I don't wanna sound like I'm beating up on Livas, but sans the one return in the first game, he has pretty much been Davone Bessing it out there . . . don't know if the Fins can afford a roster spot on him, and make him active, just to return kicks.

We were giving Marcus Vick all the returns one year and he got cut as well, and he was actually getting burn as a WR.

Great writeup, KD!

The questioning of Hennes pocket presence at this time is now just lame. He made a few great plays when hurried last night. I'm very happy with Henne's progress both on the field and on the sidelines. Really liked the shot of marshall and fasano circling around Henne on the sidelines last night. This is the yr when everyone in the league and esp Jets fans realize that Henne truly is the 2nd best QB in the division.

However, the horrid OLine will be what holds this team back. Aside from the lack of pass protection, they suck equally as much with run blocking. How can Sparano look himself in the mirror when he delegates defense to Nolan, offense to Daboll and the lone duty he carries, coaching the OL, underperforms in such manner. Its pathetic.

To say what everyone has said... Damn good write up! You hit on all points and then some!

I don't wanna sound like I'm beating up on Livas, but sans the one return in the first game, he has pretty much been Davone Bessing it out there . . . don't know if the Fins can afford a roster spot on him, and make him active, just to return kicks.

We were giving Marcus Vick all the returns one year and he got cut as well, and he was actually getting burn as a WR.

Thats very true I forgot about Vick. I agree Livas has not done much, but I think the coaching staff WANTS him to win that spot. They saw that one big return, they have seen the film from college and they know what he is capable. Im not saying he is a lock, Im not even saying he should make the team or not because our WRs have been so impressive. I just think the coaches want someone back there who can break a big one every once in a while. Bess cant give you that but Livas can.

Smith played damn good coverage last night. You couldnt ask for better coverage. But dude catch tue ****ing balll. and tackle the ****ing RB running gowards you.

I love Smith the cover corner, hate Smith the everything else.

Bad OL and all, we played the Buc's first string tough. Marshall doesn't fumble and we go into the half up 14-3. Very good signs...

How do you assume we score another TD? We had a 1st and 2 at the 2 yard line and couldn't get in.

How do you assume we score another TD? We had a 1st and 2 at the 2 yard line and couldn't get in.
because we as dolphin fans live in the world of what if lol, thats about all we can hang our hat on lately

How do you assume we don't? You're caught up on semantics when the point is we were in the driver's seat...

i really think a lot of people are unfortunately taking hennes numbers out of context. Henne still has zero pocket presence and that in it self is going to los us games since our Oline is not going to give him time to get comfortable.
there actually has to be a pocket for someone to lack pocket pressense. thanks for hatin'!

zero pocket presence? I think people confuse the word "zero" with "could have shown better". Don't say zero because there have been plenty of instances this preseason where he has shown his "pocket presence". Also, the OLine sucked last night, there was pressure on every play. Freeman at times had days to throw and Henne still outplayed him.

thats why i cant buy these peoples arguments with "zero" "sucks" "complete disaster". its just a one track mind at work regardless of outcome. cant buy it. not worthy of it.

Back
Top Bottom