Potential OLine? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential OLine?

just spit balling here but if you plan to use your top 20 pick on a zach martin cap wise you can afford to go out and pay a left tackle $8 mil per...one of these starters needs to come from the draft...might as well be the left guard on the cheap rookie contract...i would not put $15 mil in a tackle and a guard in free agency...just too much risk and money...if zach martins plug and play well then run the card up and put him in pen in your week 1 starting lineup

i personally think it's the best scenario...provided he gets to #19 as i have some doubts

The only thing is what if Dennard or Ebron and Martin are on the board?

miamis in a pickle imo...i would agree that a monroe zach martin left side would be just the kind of upgrade this team needs...all i know is i can't watch oline play like this last year again...so whatever they got to do do it...

i think the point about collins lack of consistency effecting his market is a valid one...before this year he was definitely not dependable so a big pay day and fall on his face would concern me...

if only jared veldheer could be counted on to stay healthy...preferably i think he's really the left tackle fit i'm looking for...

Huh? He's been a backup because he's behind an entrenched starter in Whitworth and a top pick in Andre Smith. But Colins has registered a positive pff grade in just about every game he's played.

Dennard won't be a top 10 pick. He will run in the 4.47-4.56 range at the combine. I've seen him mocked in the 15-22 range now. So he should be there at #19

I posted that we should look to trade for Monroe last preseason, and again during the season. Now, I believe that chance is lost.

Huh? He's been a backup because he's behind an entrenched starter in Whitworth and a top pick in Andre Smith. But Colins has registered a positive pff grade in just about every game he's played.

Collins contract will be a good indication of what PFF thinks vs. what Pro Personnel departments think.

The only thing is what if Dennard or Ebron and Martin are on the board?

my thoughts are fix the oline first...so if there's still a hole at left guard and martin can plug it i'm doing it...this teams not going anywhere if the oline play is like 2013 again...if you wait an xavier sua filo i doubt sniffs your 2nd round pick...and he's probably the other scheme fit that i really like...

all i know is we went home this year when we did cause of the oline play primarily over the course of the season...fix it...period

Those are top tier guys. We might not even be able to sign 1 let alone all 3. I'm looking more for one of either Asamoah/Giacomini/Saffold type of guys. Down years, but still young and talented with proven production.

just spit balling here but if you plan to use your top 20 pick on a zach martin cap wise you can afford to go out and pay a left tackle $8 mil per...one of these starters needs to come from the draft...might as well be the left guard on the cheap rookie contract...i would not put $15 mil in a tackle and a guard in free agency...just too much risk and money...if zach martins plug and play well then run the card up and put him in pen in your week 1 starting lineup

i personally think it's the best scenario...provided he gets to #19 as i have some doubts

My $15M is for 3 on the OL, and maybe a 4th in a vet OT at the minimum. No way do I want to pay that much for 2.

Collins contract will be a good indication of what PFF thinks vs. what Pro Personnel departments think.

True. I admit I'm pretty intrigued myself. If the money is close you pay that bit extra for Monroe. But I find it hard to believe it would be all that close, hence my preference for Collins.

he's had problems with consistency when he's played in years past...i think teams are gonna have some valid concerns there...but it depends on what those contract #s he's asking for look like...he was damn good in pass pro this year...that's for sure

he's had problems with consistency when he's played in years past...i think teams are gonna have some valid concerns there...but it depends on what those contract #s he's asking for look like...he was damn good in pass pro this year...that's for sure

I don't think his pass protection's up for debate. Last year he hardly played any snaps, 2 years back he had a very similar display of pass protection on a smaller scale.

If we are going to commit either a big contract and/ or a high draft pick for the offensive line, Monroe + Martin would be my pick. That left side would go from Bryant McKinnie and Sam Brenner.. to 2 pro bowl caliber players. I also don't see why anyone wants to throw big $ at Mack. I think he is the best center in the league. And I even support moving Pouncey to guard. I just think that is too much $ between Pouncey and Mack.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

True. I admit I'm pretty intrigued myself. If the money is close you pay that bit extra for Monroe. But I find it hard to believe it would be all that close, hence my preference for Collins.

I'm just saying it will be a pretty good way to compare their rankings, with what the league thinks.

for example with the pff rankings thing...i believe last year chris clemons as in 2012 had a top 10 safety rating according to them or at least a very high one and all he could muster was pretty much a one year deal for $3.2 mil on day 1 of free agency...in other words he didn't have many options despite the lofty pff scores...they don't always coincide

anthony collins could be in for a similar situation...a higher rating than what his market brings...or someone could say screw it he's my guy and back a brinks truck up to his door

shouldn't take long once free agency opens if he gets there to find out

Says who?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I'm just saying it will be a pretty good way to compare their rankings, with what the league thinks.

I agree totally. Pff is just one opinion. But it's better than guessing or spending a few hours watching tape on him. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom