Potential OLine? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Potential OLine?

We are going to either make one big OL signing, or spend a 1st round pick on OL. 1 of the 2 will happen. maybe both.

Baltimore gave up a 4th and 5th in 2014, does anyone really think they are going to let Monroe walk away from them? If they can't work out a contract they will franchise him.

Baltimore gave up a 4th and 5th in 2014, does anyone really think they are going to let Monroe walk away from them? If they can't work out a contract they will franchise him.

that's probably exactly what will happen

I'm still confused. Have you evaluated Collins yourself or did you read that he's struggled with inconsistency somewhere... and if so, where?

he's played spot duty before this year...they didnt decide he was ready to play a every down left tackle til 2013 to my knowledge at least...yes i've looked at him in the past and while i saw good athlete i didn't see good strength to anchor or strength in his hands...very finesse...i just think he has taken time to come around and now cinci sees him as one of its best 5 thus he played when whitworth came back from the leg...

and i think because he only has one year of consistent full season every snap production teams are gonna try and use that in contract negotiations and his market...cinci also if they plan to resign him

teams aren't gonna give a rip about his spot duty in years past...they want to see consistent play and production on a large sample size of snaps and preferably years of it...

Monroe isn't going anywhere.... Collins most likely won't either. Nor will Schwartz imo if they let Albert go. Now way KC let's both go and i'd keep the younger guy..

It's like the people saying they want to go after Graham.... Not happening.

Look for us to go after the younger 2nd tier cheaper options and rightfully so. We don't need pro bowlers just cornfed that hold up in the trenches.

he's played spot duty before this year...they didnt decide he was ready to play a every down left tackle til 2013 to my knowledge at least...yes i've looked at him in the past and while i saw good athlete i didn't see good strength to anchor or strength in his hands...very finesse...i just think he has taken time to come around and now cinci sees him as one of its best 5 thus he played when whitworth came back from the leg...

and i think because he only has one year of consistent full season every snap production teams are gonna try and use that in contract negotiations and his market...cinci also if they plan to resign him

teams aren't gonna give a rip about his spot duty in years past...they want to see consistent play and production on a large sample size of snaps and preferably years of it...

Teams sign spot duty backups who've shined -- especially if they got an extented audition and shined -- all the time. It blows up in the second team's face a lot, but it's not an uncommon thing.

Teams sign spot duty backups who've shined -- especially if they got an extented audition and shined -- all the time. It blows up in the second team's face a lot, but it's not an uncommon thing.

well then do provide some examples of this...oline specific if you don't mind

well then do provide some examples of this...oline specific if you don't mind

The first offensive lineman that comes to mind is King Dunlap, who was a backup with the Eagles for years before Jason Peter's injury forced him into the starting lineup in 2012. He played, played well and got a fat contract with the Chargers and was the #9 left tackle in the league last year according to your beloved pff.

Examples at other positions are easier to remember. Michael Turner, for example. And there have been bunches of quarterbacks, though most of them busted elsewhere, like Scott Mitchell. :lol:

Wade Smith comes to mind

Wade Smith was a starter here initially who busted out and found a home for himself elsewhere. Dunlap was a career backup/spot player who got his shot, played well, then went somewhere else and got paid and still played well.

Wade Smith was a spot duty guy for KC before he was signed as a FA starter for Texas.

The first offensive lineman that comes to mind is King Dunlap, who was a backup with the Eagles for years before Jason Peter's injury forced him into the starting lineup in 2012. He played, played well and got a fat contract with the Chargers and was the #9 left tackle in the league last year according to your beloved pff.

Examples at other positions are easier to remember. Michael Turner, for example. And there have been bunches of quarterbacks, though most of them busted elsewhere, like Scott Mitchell. :lol:

the dunlap example is one thats hard to ignore by any chance do you know what that fat contract was with san diego and the duration???

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP

This is interesting: I'm told Philbin wanted to trade for Branden Albert last year but Ireland said Dolphins would be fine with Martin at LT

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP

This is interesting: I'm told Philbin wanted to trade for Branden Albert last year but Ireland said Dolphins would be fine with Martin at LT

yeah we heard that earlier...that ireland said we'd be ok with martin...

Back
Top Bottom