Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Prediction of what will transpire Come Saturday

inFINSible said:
Part of debating someone's opinion involves uncovering the motivations behind the opinions. It is not a personall attack.

The logical reason why your prediction could be wrong, is simple, Saban could also be creating false interest in Alex Smith.

Being that Smith and Edwards are the only logical players to feign interest in, it's hardly out of the realm of possibilty that even you have ben duped. And if you look at the whole situation obbjectively the only conclusion that you could possibly come to is that you haven't got a clue what's going to happen on Saturday.

Pretending that there are any logical steps to follow that point towards the answer, is wishful thinking.

Again, InFins, I wasn't born yesterday, I fully realize there are multiple possibilities of what will happen, and I also realize its impossible to know for sure.

I was simply making a PREDICTION, which I clearly stated, if you don't agree with it, give yours, it doesn't require your snide remarks.

If we can pull off the trade with Minn I say take Brown at 7 if available and if not go with Mike Williams. Trade the 18 down with the Eagles for their first and either our second or theirs (whichever equals the value) and take Charlie Frye at the end of round one and a running back in round 2. I just think RB, WR, and QB should be our first three picks if we can accumulate more day one picks.

BlueFin said:
Again, InFins, I wasn't born yesterday, I fully realize there are multiple possibilities of what will happen, and I also realize its impossible to know for sure.

I was simply making a PREDICTION, which I clearly stated, if you don't agree with it, give yours, it doesn't require your snide remarks.
My whole point is that there is no way that it can be predicted...so, why would I turn around and make a prediction?

You said yourself that there is no way to know for sure, yet, you want to think that your prediction is based on some sort of logical conclusions and it's not.

Call it what it is....a guess.

SF TAKES A QB!!!! The one who will sign "their" contract...

NIck will sign either of the two over WR..., but will trade down if he can garner another first round pick... (Minny)

Saban is all over Tampa but needs a another first round pick which would likely have to come next year...

I think Saban would stand pat at no. 2 before he would wink... (offense)

If he picks at no 5 he will go offense...
If he picks at no.7 and 18 he'll rebuild defense...

A prediction is a prediction it may or may not have logic surrounding it...:tongue:

We don't have to rebuild the entire team this year..., but leave sure foundational players for years to come...

The defense cannot hold up as is

Their are RBs and WRs and Qbs strewn throughout this draft...

inFINSible said:
My whole point is that there is no way that it can be predicted...so, why would I turn around and make a prediction?

You said yourself that there is no way to know for sure, yet, you want to think that your prediction is based on some sort of logical conclusions and it's not.

I call it a prediction, you can call it guessing if you want. Seems kind of anal to me.

Is it guessing or a prediction when someone gives their opinion about the final score of an upcoming football game?

Based upon the information I have to work with and my gut feeling I laid out my prediction of what will happen Saturday, its hardly predicting when you know something is going to happen for sure...is it?

redhead said:
SF TAKES A QB!!!! The one who will sign "their" contract...

NIck will sign either of the two over WR..., but will trade down if he can garner another first round pick... (Minny)

Saban is all over Tampa but needs a another first round pick which would likely have to come next year...

I think Saban would stand pat at no. 2 before he would wink... (offense)

If he picks at no 5 he will go offense...
If he picks at no.7 and 18 he'll rebuild defense...

A prediction is a prediction it may or may not have logic surrounding it...:tongue:

Thank you.....exactly.

inFINSible said:

You've eaten your Wheaties, I can tell. :wink: Good points.

So many of the "it's so obvious" and "it's true because I say it's true" opinions really irritate me. Many times, I begin to reply to a post and I simply quit and go on to something else. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, when opinion transforms into a bullying dictatorship, it gets old.

And just because the collective mob believes in the same fashion, does not make it so either. It's as if everyone has this empty void in their life that must be satiated. They feel they must be marveled as a predictor of the future. As if it conveys some higher level of control over the universe they cannot achieve in real life.

There are days I truly anticipate coming to the board and checking up on the news. Hoping someone has some "inside" breaking information that will be posted before ESPN spews it to the world. Then, I begin reading the threads.... it quickly spirals downhill. It's as if you are viewing a fight on the elementary school playground.

But, every now and then I find a great thread.

Makes me wonder if this is how Congress works too! :cooldude:

My OPINION of what San Fransisco is doing has nothing to do with the outcome of the draft.

San Fran is the #1 pick. In past drafts, clubs with the #1 tend to find THEIR pick and work out a deal before the draft. But, they don't usually waiver this much. And, rarely is it mentioned of trading the #1. Most teams are focused on 1 guy. They want their pick to set a tone for the coming season. They want to solidify their direction. Not play games. I'm not impressed with San Frans handling of the #1 pick.

Last year, yes, San Diego eventually traded their pick. But, they did not waiver on WHO they wanted. It was Rivers the entire time. And, they did not allow the Manning's to dictate to them. They showed great poise and authority with the #1 pick. When they drafted Eli, you could tell by Eli's face, San Diego had sent a clear message.

And, not only did they get their guy, Rivers, they also manufactured one intimidating trade to acquire him. They stood firm and dictated to everyone else. That showed leadership and perseverance. And, that carried forward throughout the year. An organization that was criticized and ridiculed suddenly began shaping it's own destiny by doing things people saiid they "couldn't do". Everyone said they "couldn't" draft Eli. They "had" to draft Rivers. Well, they did get Rivers AFTER they drafted Eli.

Everyone said they HAD to deal with Rivers to get him into camp and take over as starter. They kept Brees and made Rivers DEAL with them on their terms. Everyone said they HAD to release Brees after this year. That they could NOT have both on the roster next year. Well, here they are.

Doing what they WANT to do. And now, the league respects them.

Now, look at San Fransisco. In an obvious situation in which their team NEEDS leadership and firm footing, they are waivering on a direction. In my OPINION, it does not bode well for San Fran's future to be this indecisive days before the draft. Palmer, Carr, even Eli, etc.... the #1 is usually a forgone conclusion. When the worst team in the league cannot decide with the #1 pick, it's not a good sign of things to come for 49er fans.

If we draft #2, we take Edwards.

We will not draft a QB or RB with that pick. There are none worth it.

Jaj said:
I think Saban will work a trade for Minny. Minny will try and put themselves over the top with Braylon Edwards and a DL like Pollack at 18. We'll get their 7th overall, their 2nd, their 3rd, and maybe a pick next year if anything else.

Oh God NO!!!!...

If Saban did that trade...he would be a bigger idiot than Wanny.

NathanHunt said:
My OPINION of what San Fransisco is doing has nothing to do with the outcome of the draft.

San Fran is the #1 pick. In past drafts, clubs with the #1 tend to find THEIR pick and work out a deal before the draft. But, they don't usually waiver this much. And, rarely is it mentioned of trading the #1. Most teams are focused on 1 guy. They want their pick to set a tone for the coming season. They want to solidify their direction. Not play games. I'm not impressed with San Frans handling of the #1 pick.

Last year, yes, San Diego eventually traded their pick. But, they did not waiver on WHO they wanted. It was Rivers the entire time. And, they did not allow the Manning's to dictate to them. They showed great poise and authority with the #1 pick. When they drafted Eli, you could tell by Eli's face, San Diego had sent a clear message.

And, not only did they get their guy, Rivers, they also manufactured one intimidating trade to acquire him. They stood firm and dictated to everyone else. That showed leadership and perseverance. And, that carried forward throughout the year. An organization that was criticized and ridiculed suddenly began shaping it's own destiny by doing things people saiid they "couldn't do". Everyone said they "couldn't" draft Eli. They "had" to draft Rivers. Well, they did get Rivers AFTER they drafted Eli.

Everyone said they HAD to deal with Rivers to get him into camp and take over as starter. They kept Brees and made Rivers DEAL with them on their terms. Everyone said they HAD to release Brees after this year. That they could NOT have both on the roster next year. Well, here they are.

Now, look at San Fransisco. In an obvious situation in which their team NEEDS leadership and firm footing, they are waivering on a direction. In my OPINION, it does not bode well for San Fran's future to be this indecisive days before the draft. Palmer, Carr, even Eli, etc.... the #1 is usually a forgone conclusion. When the worst team in the league cannot decide with the #1 pick, it's not a good sign of things to come for 49er fans.

Consider the possibility that San Francisco has noticed that other teams at the top aren't as high on Rodgers as they are, why should they take him at number one if they can trade down, pick up an extra number one, and still get Rodgers?

I don't call that a mistake at all, I call that getting the most value out of your selection.

NathanHunt said:
You've eaten your Wheaties, I can tell. :wink: Good points.

So many of the "it's so obvious" and "it's true because I say it's true" opinions really irritate me. Many times, I begin to reply to a post and I simply quit and go on to something else. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But, when opinion transforms into a bullying dictatorship, it gets old.

And just because the collective mob believes in the same fashion, does not make it so either. It's as if everyone has this empty void in their life that must be satiated. They feel they must be marveled as a predictor of the future. As if it conveys some higher level of control over the universe they cannot achieve in real life.

There are days I truly anticipate coming to the board and checking up on the news. Hoping someone has some "inside" breaking information that will be posted before ESPN spews it to the world. Then, I begin reading the threads.... it quickly spirals downhill. It's as if you are viewing a fight on the elementary school playground.

But, every now and then I find a great thread.

Makes me wonder if this is how Congress works too! :cooldude:

:lol:

That's what I'm talking about. Here I'm expecting some sort of basis in fact and then the very first sentence includes a giant leap in assumption..... "San Fran has decided to start smokescreening."....What??? When???Link????:huh:

When I see something like that, I know I'm not getting a prediction based on any factual evidence. It's most likely going to be hyperbole and wishful thinking all the way through. Made all the more meaningless by the original posters' innate bias which, in this particular case, was readily apparent.

On a bad day, I may lash out at the one who has denied me the satisfaction of an answer to my burning question of .....Who will we draft? On a good day, I, like you, just keep on scrolling....and waiting....numb to it all.

Still searching.....

:)

:)

BlueFin said:
Consider the possibility that San Francisco has noticed that other teams at the top aren't as high on Rodgers as they are, why should they take him at number one if they can trade down, pick up an extra number one, and still get Rodgers?
Maybe other teams aren't as high on Rodgers because it's been the general assumption that he is the niners choice so, why bother making a case to draft him if you're not the 49ers. If the 49ers let Rodgers get by them, I'm sure that other teams will want into the market for him.
I don't call that a mistake at all, I call that getting the most value out of your selection.
So, then you think that trading down is the best option for us at number two?

NathanHunt said:

I respect your opinion, but I couldn't disagree more. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom