Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 5-8

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • 9-12

Votes: 146 84.9%
  • 13 or more

Votes: 19 11.0%

• Total voters
I think one factor people are REALLY overlooking is us coming back from playing Jacksonville in London and not getting the bye week right then. Worse is that we have SEVEN more games before we do get it. The person who came up with this for us should be shot. A week 14 bye? :frown :bang:

Do you guys remember back in 1977 and before when there was a 14 game schedule......and SIX preseason games? I have no idea how I ever got through that month and a half. Wouldn't be tolerated today, but man that was a bunch of dress rehearsals.
Well, the Draft was what... 14 rounds? Coaches needed more games to evaluate a lot of new players.

12-5

We have the weapons on offense. We have an elite defense that can create havoc and force turnovers. We have the special teams play. The only thing we need is the line to improve as the season goes on. We have our leader in Tua. If we can just give him the time to read and react, more times than not it will be for a positive play.

I think one factor people are REALLY overlooking is us coming back from playing Jacksonville in London and not getting the bye week right then. Worse is that we have SEVEN more games before we do get it. The person who came up with this for us should be shot. A week 14 bye? :frown :bang:
I hate the fact the NFL keeps sending the Dolphins to play in London. Ross allows them to send them more than any other team because the NFL will only
guarantee future SB’s in Miami if he doesn’t complain about his team having to travel to London on a consistent basis.

With the virus still a major issue overseas and in America, there should be no game in London this season anyway.

If they do beat Buffalo, which I have my doubts they will. I think their best chance would be in the game they play at home in week 2. I just don’t see them going into Buffalo and winning in week 8. Personally I would take 1-1 against Buffalo right now, so I hope you’re right that they at least win one of those games.
Part of my prediction is the belief we HAVE to split with Buffalo this year. Otherwise, we have positioned ourselves to be 2nd at the AFC East table for the next decade. Their core is built. Our core is built.

We will seek to look forward to the Bills game each year as a measuring stick. While they measure themselves against KC.

And this was Marino's legacy as we constantly measured ourselves against the Bills and sought a playoff birth, while the Bills were always eyeing the next Super Bowl to redeem themselves. We were in their rear view on the tier below.

This core group has to reign in the Bills NOW or they will have elevated to a Championship Tier that is more of a dream than a goal for us.

I picked the @BUF game because I feel like our game here will be to safe for our team to truly appreciate. At home in the Florida heat has always been a fabled advantage for us. And I believe this team needs to experience a tough loss in order to recalibrate their reality.

The reality is it will take four quarters of nothing but excellence in our execution even to be in position to win the game on the last drive. Buffalo has ZERO reason to respect us.

We will need to respect the mountain before we can climb it.

Pennington's Dolphins went into NE and beat them when NO ONE thought they could. It was a salvo into the NE Dynasty that altered there belief they didn't have to try to beat us. Unfortunately for us, we didn't have the team necessary to take that victory and continue to build into greatness. It was somewhat of a gimmick game and not a mark of true team building.

This team was built from the ground up to sustain winning and elevate us back to championship football.

In order to be Champions in the 2020's the first stop is defeating Buffalo. And doing it in their house on their terms at their best is how you take control of the future and announce we have arrived.

This team needs a signature win to cement this regime's arrival. You have to go through Buffalo to do that.

The game at Miami might be another woodshed event for us.

But the second game the players will finally leave the egos in the lockers and play like the team Flo has built them to be. And we don't want it to be a blowout. You want a heavyweight fight that sees Buffalo give everything they have in their house with their fans and still lose to a better team.

The two Buffalo games will ultimately let us know if this organization is built to win championships or just via for playoff births.

? We were given the option of the bye week being moved to the week after London. Flo elected to keep it week 14

I hate the fact the NFL keeps sending the Dolphins to play in London. Ross allows them to send them more than any other team because the NFL will only
guarantee future SB’s in Miami if he doesn’t complain about his team having to travel to London on a consistent basis.

With the virus still a major issue overseas and in America, there should be no game in London this season anyway.
Every team that hosts a SB agrees to International play

Dolphins owner is more than just football..having that SB in miami is money for everybody

10-7 OL will have growing pains and the schedule is harder then last season
For what its worth, nobody has a clue how hard this season’s schedule will be.

Playoff teams will fall off, non-playoff teams will supplant them, it’s a revolving door EVERY year. Every post-season has a big turnover.

That's a good point. Do you know who Miami plays after that London game? That's going to be tough even if it's a bad team.

I believe I read that we had a choice of the bye after the London game, but opted for later in the season.

Back
Top Bottom