Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 5-8

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • 9-12

Votes: 146 84.9%
  • 13 or more

Votes: 19 11.0%

• Total voters
I debated 12-5 vs 13-4 for a while. Ultimately, I picked the Week 18 game as a loss @ NE.

It is hard to sweep the Patriots. And if BB has 17 weeks to get his QB situation resolved and all of those FA's finally together on the page, his ability to win a one-game format with potential playoffs on the line might catch us off guard. Especially if we come in with 12 wins and looking ahead to the playoffs. I think its a trap game.

12-5

We know the defense is good, offense should absolutely be improved with Tua in year 2 plus new and improving weapons, and we have an ace for the inevitable close game that comes down to the foot of your kicker. And Flores is coaching. Oline keeps us from more wins, but will improve with experience together as the year goes on.

Split with Jets - (yes, that team is better - Zach is solid, new coach is solid).
Split with Pats (Cam looks healthy, and that d is solid)
Split with Bills (They will not sweep us this year.)

...4-4 in division
...7-2 in other games

11-6.

For what its worth, nobody has a clue how hard this season’s schedule will be.

Playoff teams will fall off, non-playoff teams will supplant them, it’s a revolving door EVERY year. Every post-season has a big turnover.
Imo only, I’m going by the first 5 games of the season would be tuff for any team and the fact all the AFC east teams improved. AFC as a whole is a gauntlet. Any team making it to the playoffs in this conference earns respect.

Imo only, I’m going by the first 5 games of the season would be tuff for any team and the fact all the AFC east teams improved. AFC as a whole is a gauntlet. Any team making it to the playoffs in this conference earns respect.
Maybe slightly biased, but I can’t see that any team has improved more than Miami. Not just in new faces, but improvement from current players as well…some very glaring.

I expect at least 3-2, likely 4-1 in those first 5. This is based on my own expectations for how this team has improved.

New England won’t be ready for what they’re going to get, in all 3 phases. I call it a can’t lose game for us, because if we do…we’re in for a loooong season. They’re not the Patriots of the Brady era…no team has ever went crazy heavy on FAs in an off-season and had it pay off…possible exception, 2020 Bucs, but they had Brady, and he did some of the picking.

Bills are a good…no, great team right now. This is our home opener, and there were several reasons we lost at home to the Bills last year, most if not all have been remedied. I give us a 50/50 chance in this one…divisional games being unpredictable as they are.

The Raiders? Come on now. Middling team that gives guys like Khalil Mack away…they’ll never do anything with Chucky round 2.

The Colts…going to be interesting to see how this Wentz stuff works out. I still think this is a solid win for us…after watching Tennessee dismantle them last year with zero defense. Our weaponry is a fair bit better than last year.

Bucs…if ANYBODY can scheme to beat Brady, it’s Flo. Will he peg it right this time (like week 17 2019 at Foxborough, with LOADS less talent on both sides of the ball)? We’ll see…gotta put this one with a slight edge to the Bucs since it’s in TB.

After that, only 2 tough games…Buffalo #2 and Baltimore. Tennessee honorable mention, but that defense went straight downhill when Peas left.

I’m expecting a 12 win season, and I believe that’s fully realistic compared to how massively this team upgraded this off-season.

Last edited:
Split with Jets - (yes, that team is better - Zach is solid, new coach is solid).
Split with Pats (Cam looks healthy, and that d is solid)
Split with Bills (They will not sweep us this year.)

...4-4 in division
...7-2 in other games

11-6.
3-3 in divisional, based on 3 teams twice with your predictions.

10-7

Losses to Buffalo (2), Tennessee, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, and either at LV or NE.

The team with Flores has been ahead of this rebuild for two years strait, didn’t expect such a good first year from a massive rebuild, winning ten games last year was past my expectations.

I am worried about the run defense and oline though..

Flores and co are gameplanners, they win with scheme, discipline and playing together, not just talent.

I think we’re still the youngest team in football...I’ll say 11 and 6

Dolphins owner is more than just football..having that SB in miami is money for everybody
I live in Miami and I don’t see having a SB as that big a deal. Miami is a winter destination vacation spot and the hotels are full in late January or February whether there is a SB or not.
I know why Ross wants a SB because it puts more money in his pocket. Yet I don’t think the vast majority of the citizens in South Florida care one bit about the SB being in Miami.

Of course the vast majority of the citizens in South Florida aren’t Dolphin fans to begin with and that’s why the TV ratings for Dolphin games and actual attendance at games are near the bottom of the league year after year.

While my wife and I actually traveled to London to watch the Dolphins play their first game there in 2007. I would much prefer they play all their games in the United States during the season even if that meant there would never be another SB in Miami. Supposedly they want to play in London because they
say they want to expand there someday.

The flight to London from the east coast is 8 hours and nearly 14 hours from the west coast to London. Any team in London would be at a severe disadvantage because they would be spending 16 up to 28 hours on a plane every time they have to travel to America to play a game. I just don’t see
how they could ever put a team in London with this type of travel schedule. So I see no reason to have regular season games in London.

If they really want to play in London or other countries, use the preseason to play games in other countries and leave the regular season games in America.

Without digging too deep into the schedule and going week by week I would say 11

Back
Top Bottom