Preston Williams | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Preston Williams

I don't know where people in this thread are getting the idea that Preston won't produce until we get a real QB. Like, Fitz does nothing but throw it up to his receivers with a chance to make a play. He almost always gets 200-300 yards, even we don't have much actual chance of winning the game. His receivers get a ton of chances and to his detriment he is always looking first to make a play downfield to his receivers.

Tua is a guy who excels at timing and field vision. Preston is a physical receiver, not a shake and bake guy, same for Parker. They love jump balls and contested catches which is not a key part of Tua's game, nor are many young QB's all that great at it. Those expecting better production will likely be disappointed. Benefits from a QB like Tua will come elsewhere, and that's when he's ready for the speed of the game.

We won't see Preston Williams blossom until we see arm talent at QB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick does the job of a QB very well, he simply lacks the one major pre-requisite. As a fan of the QB position, I never like Ryan Fitzpatrick, how could you? As a fan of the Miami Dolphins, I've come to really respect what's kept RF around the NFL for so long and allowed him to fill up that bank account. However, it is getting painful to watch him have to muster up the energy to rocket a pass into a tight window that so many QB's can make with just one step and an immediate release of the ball.

Things are going to change soon enough when the entire speed of the play is elevated by Tua's rhythm.

Much like I thought last year, the Dolphins will be vastly improved by season's end.

I didn't have the general excitement this year that typically preludes an NFL campaign and not so much because of Covid. It was obvious this team was going to take its lumps early. When this team traded away Laremy Tunsil last pre-season, it gave birth to an entire new plan of how to reconstruct this roster into a potential force in the NFL. Did we go crazy on spending this off-season? Yes. So it's understandable why so many additions would make people think we were ready to go full steam ahead with a playoff push but this is still an evaluation year. By seasons end we will have an idea which players will constitute our "core". Something we don't have at the moment, a true core.

I'd be more concerned if I was the Buffalo Bills or their fans. The media darling Bills were on the ropes all Sunday vs. Miami's JV squad. They should be concerned Ed Oliver is no match for Solomon Kindley. They should be concerned their defense kept bending against a hodge-podge Miami group still trying to learn each other's names. They should be concerned Devante Parker and Mike Gesicki will be catching passes from an ultra-accurate QB the next couple of years and not captain wind up (RF).

I'd be worried if I were the Jets and had absolutely no talent and a entire lame duck staff.

I'd be worried if my offense revolved around Cam Newton plowing into scrums 20 times a game.

What am I not the least bit concerned about? Preston Williams future contributions to the Miami Dolphins.
Buffalo was missing two LBs, and they had an abbreviated training camp and no preseason.

The ignorance is deep with this one. Dood. The guy is coming off an ACL tear and is just getting back to health. You conveniently forget to mention what he did last year when he was healthy. In 8 games as an UFA he had 32 catches for nearly 500 yds. If he stays healthy he’s a 1000 yd receiver. Some posters are “very bad jokes.”

Right on cue PW makes this poster and this OP look foolish. Any PW bashing thread will not age well as he continues to get healthy and grow as a player

Players drop passes all the time, no it does not make them stupid. The gm signed an undrafted fa to 1 million dollars, no he is not stupid. Preston is the best or 2and best WR on the team, no the coaches aren't stupid for playing him... damn stupid fans!
It says a lot about a FO when this loser is the 2nd best WR on the team.

Right on cue PW makes this poster and this OP look foolish. Any PW bashing thread will not age well as he continues to get healthy and grow as a player
PW will be a 4th WR next year...if he's not, we'll have another losing season. Good teams aren't built around chumps like PW.

I see a guy who uses his body like an NBA big, so he doesnt need to be open to be open, which is good since he doesnt do a lot to actually be 'open'.
Still, he's definitely a 1B WR and he'll punish single coverage more often than not.

This thread aged like crap. Williams is already looking good in the last 2 games. That TD catch vs Jax was 'Hands'-city.
What he lacks in quickness (still recovering) he makes up in 'Post-up' size. Right now he's a brutal 1v1 matchup for DBs and he's only gonna become moreso.

We won't see Preston Williams blossom until we see arm talent at QB.

Ryan Fitzpatrick does the job of a QB very well, he simply lacks the one major pre-requisite. As a fan of the QB position, I never like Ryan Fitzpatrick, how could you? As a fan of the Miami Dolphins, I've come to really respect what's kept RF around the NFL for so long and allowed him to fill up that bank account. However, it is getting painful to watch him have to muster up the energy to rocket a pass into a tight window that so many QB's can make with just one step and an immediate release of the ball.

Things are going to change soon enough when the entire speed of the play is elevated by Tua's rhythm.

Much like I thought last year, the Dolphins will be vastly improved by season's end.

I didn't have the general excitement this year that typically preludes an NFL campaign and not so much because of Covid. It was obvious this team was going to take its lumps early. When this team traded away Laremy Tunsil last pre-season, it gave birth to an entire new plan of how to reconstruct this roster into a potential force in the NFL. Did we go crazy on spending this off-season? Yes. So it's understandable why so many additions would make people think we were ready to go full steam ahead with a playoff push but this is still an evaluation year. By seasons end we will have an idea which players will constitute our "core". Something we don't have at the moment, a true core.

I'd be more concerned if I was the Buffalo Bills or their fans. The media darling Bills were on the ropes all Sunday vs. Miami's JV squad. They should be concerned Ed Oliver is no match for Solomon Kindley. They should be concerned their defense kept bending against a hodge-podge Miami group still trying to learn each other's names. They should be concerned Devante Parker and Mike Gesicki will be catching passes from an ultra-accurate QB the next couple of years and not captain wind up (RF).

I'd be worried if I were the Jets and had absolutely no talent and a entire lame duck staff.

I'd be worried if my offense revolved around Cam Newton plowing into scrums 20 times a game.

What am I not the least bit concerned about? Preston Williams future contributions to the Miami Dolphins.

DING DING DING... we have a winner

QB elevates the entire team ... Catalyst... MUST HAVE ....

Not trying to derail just a reminder that unless you have Randy Moss with Fitz we are spinning our wheels (even though Fitz struggles with the deep ball)

Evaluate the WR talent when you have a QB that impacts the game ... Tua?... hopefully ... but not Fitz ... great team leader but he has reached his ceiling IMO

Key thing is no matter who the WRs r. The QB can make average WR look like pro bowlers. Example-Rodgers and Pack or Brady. Is Tua the answer? Only time will tell.

"10 months removed from a torn ACL" is a valid excuse

I'm scared to see how this board reacts if Tua shows any signs of rust while trying to come back from his injury in less than a year.

80% will be it’s Gailey’s fault for the play calling. The other 20% will be telling us they liked Herbert better.

80% will be it’s Gailey’s fault for the play calling. The other 20% will be telling us they liked Herbert better.

Just like the people who claimed they wanted Derwin James over Minkah Fitzpatrick. I remember mocking DJ to us at 11 here and having people foaming at the mouth in rage that we’d draft a second SS (we had Jones at the time) that high. There was like 2-3 people who reacted positively to us taking DJ at 11. As they say, hindsight is 20/20.

People are tired of every player on this team not producing, and seeing constant excuses made for why a player is sucking:

“They didn’t have a preseason“
“They didn’t have an off-season “
“It’s year 2 of a 10 year rebuild“
“This is basically Preston’s rookie season“
“These are all new coaches”
“Miami played 2 playoff teams”
“The players are young”
So you find a torn ACL an excuse, some people need to get back to reality and give up this fantasy land crap where everything is an excuse.

Back
Top Bottom