Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

He is absolutely a product of Riley's system, but that doesn't make him a bad thing. These highlights were from early in the season where he was finding his feet, if you check out his games from later in the season I think you will see the development.

I'm clearly not going to convince you though and I respect your analysis man, that's fine, so if not Murray, where should we go to fix this issue ?

I would try to get Bridgewater though I doubt he would choose us over a team like the Giants especially if his good friend DVP is not on the team. I will check out Murray's other games.

Murray and Haskins are the only QB's that interest me.

Same here.

In regards to Murray in particular, I would move mountains, expend whatever draft capital available, add players, money...whatever it takes basically, to put myself in position to draft him.

The Dolphins haven't had a QB like Kyler Murray in a long time, that can improvise on the fly with both his legs and arm. I think that the team desperately needs an "electric" playmaker at the QB spot.

I'd be all in on Murray.

Murray and Haskins are the only QB's that interest me.

Unless Jordan Love surprises everyone by declaring. He’s losing his top four receivers, four offensive lineman, the star of their running game, his offensive minded Head Coach, and his Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach.

Unrefined but even so I’d target him along with Murray.

Unless Jordan Love surprises everyone by declaring. He’s losing his top four receivers, four offensive lineman, the star of their running game, his offensive minded Head Coach, and his Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach.

Very unrefined. But interesting. Lots of swagger out there, which I like. Love always looks like he expects to win. Even at Michigan State he expected to win. First touchdown in the opening minutes Love took a big smack but jumped right into the face of the Spartan defender who had nailed him.

Not as insanely mobile as Mahomes but once in a while I see some similarities, like the loose-legged middle screen for a touchdown this season against Air Force.

Might need to shorten his delivery a little bit.

I definitely like this name more than others. However, if Love entered the draft process I suspect others would have the same conclusion and he would rise quickly.

Agree on Love. Really interesting QB. Seems like a long shot to declare, but who knows?

I would love for us to draft multiple QBs this year. Not even necessarily early.

Minchews, Will Grier, and/or Drew Lock

It’s hard not to see some Mahomes in Jordan Love. The arm talent is there. The body movement is there. He’s a bit, but I like it, in that he acts like an athlete (as opposed to quarterback) in so many ways, and yet when he runs with the ball he is extremely conservative about taking contact. I love that. Your job is to protect yourself, stay in, lead your team. Doesn’t get sacked. Sacked a total of 9 times all year.

He excels executing a lot of the stuff that some of the smaller guys entering the game lately have trouble with.

Swagger is right, but he just keeps coming. I think “expects to win” describes it. The media end up talking about how even keeled he is and how he keeps his cool during the game.

I think football is important to him. His dad pushed hard to get him to play football, and then fought hard let him stay a QB even tho others wanted to move him. But then his dad, who had been struggling with mental illness, ended his own life while his wife and daughter were watching Jordan at a basketball tourney.

I do think he’d rise if he declared unexpectedly. Probably he and Stidham as sort of the lurking x-factors underneath Haskins/Murray and maybe Lock.

Period. Think a lot of bad QB's will get drafted relatively early.

I think there are a couple QBs that in the right situation could be developed but yes Murray and Haskins are guys I think will be good no matter what. The biggest longshot to me looks to be Drew Lock (in terms of most talked about prospects)

Love needs to shorten that delivery for starters.

Miami better close with teddy bridgewater

Last edited:
Love needs to shorten that delivery for starters.

Miami better close with teddy bridgewater

Teddy is starting tomorrow. However, I’m betting that the Saints keep him. Brees isn’t playing forever and there’s a reason the saints pikcked up Teddy. Plus, Teddy would probably want to play for Payton over our POS HC

Same here.

In regards to Murray in particular, I would move mountains, expend whatever draft capital available, add players, money...whatever it takes basically, to put myself in position to draft him.

The Dolphins haven't had a QB like Kyler Murray in a long time, that can improvise on the fly with both his legs and arm. I think that the team desperately needs an "electric" playmaker at the QB spot.

I'd be all in on Murray.

On the other hand...Oklahoma faced only one defense in the top 30 in college football...makes you question the 5’9” QB a little bit more.

On the other hand...Oklahoma faced only one defense in the top 30 in college football...makes you question the 5’9” QB a little bit more.

Bama has been putting it to Murry tonight. But unfortunately everyone looks like a cupcake vs Bama.

Back
Top Bottom