Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

View attachment 14580
Not slighting the kid in any way and still think he’s a big time playmaker but Murray looks tiny compared to Tua and Tua is like 6’1” Murray can’t be more than 5’8” and weighing about a buck 80. He looks like he’d be one of the smallest QBs to play in the NFL.

And... he does have an arm...but running is a big part of his game, and he’s not Cam Newton.

Small running QB’s get killed in the NFL.

And...how short is too short for an NFL QB?

A 5’ 9” QB is really short in the NFL.

Perhaps...but if you believe in a QB...you can’t overdraft him...QB’s are gold if they are good.
Point is.....I don't think most of think he is that good. Personally, I don't believe in him to be a guy who you expect to be a high quality starter...and if you don't envision that, I don't think you can take him in the first.

Point is.....I don't think most of think he is that good. Personally, I don't believe in him to be a guy who you expect to be a high quality starter...and if you don't envision that, I don't think you can take him in the first.

Agreed...I was saying “if” you have a conviction on a QB...overdrafting is irrelevant...acquiring is.

I see Will Grier in the NFL

I have a real hard time seeing 5 foot 9 and 190 at qb going top 5. But i also had a hard time seeing 6 foot and 4.8 at qb going top 10 and it went #1. I dont bave a hard time thinking haskins best football may be in front of him. Crossing routes vs man are a man beater staple. They transfer to the pro game. Haskins coverage ids are pretty good too more advanced imo than cam newton was at the same stage.

I think herbert would have gone first had he come out over all these guys. Half field reads yeah but really high level tools and a plus athlete with a ideal frame.

Someone would have run that card up.

Baker is basically 6'1 bigger than Brees and Wilson and has elite passing skills and is currently better at reading defense's than all of the current rookie QB's.

His first love is football, he signed the A's contract because he struggled at Texas A&M, transferred to Oklahoma and sat behind Baker Mayfield for a year. There is a reason why he asked the A's to let him play one season more of football, he desperately wanted to see if he could make it. The mistake the A's did was letting him. When you are talking about his height you are talking about an NFL of 5 - 10 years ago, not today's league, the teams are QB crazy, they know they can't win without an elite talent there. They also know that QBs like Brees and Wilson are difference makers in spite of their height and it's never been easier with the rules today to play the game under center with a less than stereotypical frame. I find it increbily hard to imagine a scenario where the Heisman winner, with the talent he obviously has, in a QB hungry league isn't selected in the first.

I'm a little conflicted for his Bama game because if he plays as well as he has all season, he's going to be out of our reach, but at the same time it'll vindicate his top of the first round pedigree. I just hope our scouts are on the ball and our FO is ready to move for him. If they have designs on Haskins instead then I'm on board with that too, he may be the safer choice but the higher ceiling is Murray.

I'm saying he understands his size limitations thats why he's considering playing baseball. There's huge difference between 5'9 and 6'1 playing QB and if I thought he was as good of a passer as Brees, Wilson or Baker in college I would definitely cosign the pick but he's not that level, and yes even in today's NFL size matters the ppl saying it doesn't are just practicing wishful thinking.

Here's 3 games of Kyler, based on those games he looks like a product of Lincoln Riley's system. I can count on 1 hand how many times he got to his 2nd read, another thing is u barely see any off script passing plays which is kind of shocking considering his elusiveness, the dude just takes off when his 1st read ain't there.

BTW, WV play there bowl game at 5:15pm ET today, great chance to see Will Grier in action in a meaningful game. Live on ESPN, stupid TSN here in Canada would rather play repeats of sportscentre over and over again than cover a real sporting event !!

BTW, WV play there bowl game at 5:15pm ET today, great chance to see Will Grier in action in a meaningful game. Live on ESPN, stupid TSN here in Canada would rather play repeats of sportscentre over and over again than cover a real sporting event !!

I believe Grier already said he was skipping

I'm saying he understands his size limitations thats why he's considering playing baseball. There's huge difference between 5'9 and 6'1 playing QB and if I thought he was as good of a passer as Brees, Wilson or Baker in college I would definitely cosign the pick but he's not that level, and yes even in today's NFL size matters the ppl saying it doesn't are just practicing wishful thinking.

Here's 3 games of Kyler, based on those games he looks like a product of Lincoln Riley's system. I can count on 1 hand how many times he got to his 2nd read, another thing is u barely see any off script passing plays which is kind of shocking considering his elusiveness, the dude just takes off when his 1st read ain't there.

He is absolutely a product of Riley's system, but that doesn't make him a bad thing. These highlights were from early in the season where he was finding his feet, if you check out his games from later in the season I think you will see the development.

I'm clearly not going to convince you though and I respect your analysis man, that's fine, so if not Murray, where should we go to fix this issue ?

Reaching as deep for talent (any talent) as teams have been force to do is more proof that the NFL is over expanded and the product is suffering. I mean...Guys coming out early who would normally be 2nd or 3rd round picks will go high in 1st?

Minshew I presume will suit up for Washington State at 9pm ET, on ESPN again here in Canada, some stupid junior Ice Hockey tournament game is show on all 5 of TSN's channels, you guys down south there don't know how lucky you are not to have to put up with TSN !

Back
Top Bottom