Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

On the other hand...Oklahoma faced only one defense in the top 30 in college football...makes you question the 5’9” QB a little bit more.

No dispute there, but that's the gamble you take. All things considered, and in lieu of what you stated, in my opinion Kyler Murray played really well against Alabama last night.

I'd still do everything in my power to obtain him in the draft, should he decide on football. I understand the height concern, and normally I would be inclined to agree, but this kid is special and I would love to have him on the team.

Mahomes, Trubisky, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Watson, Wentz, Prescott...oh wait..those are the guys the Dolphins passed on to keep Tannehill.

Murray and Haskins are the only QB's that interest me.
You need to expand your interests in QB to a guy who can actually PASS the ball as opposed to an "athlete" who is more runner than QB. That does NOT get it at this level.

Neither of those guys will be any better than pat white

You need to expand your interests in QB to a guy who can actually PASS the ball as opposed to an "athlete" who is more runner than QB. That does NOT get it at this level.

I'll take, You have no idea what you're talking about for $200, Alex.

I like how Murray played vs Alabama. He was dealing with constant pressure, evaded it pretty consistently, was let down by some drops. Like Wilson, he plays tall in the pocket, and he's even quicker than Wilson - maybe faster, too. Oklahoma got off to a very slow start, and their D never really gave them a chance, but aside from a game where Tua was hobbled by injury, this Alabama team has looked about as good as any in recent memory. Oklahoma was never supposed to win that game. I LOVED, and still love, Deshaun Watson, but I don't think his Clemson teams would have stood much of a chance vs this Alabama team. Quinnen Williams is about as good as any defensive prospect that Saban has ever coached, this receiver group is probably the best (as a group) that Saban has ever coached, and Tua is by FAR the best QB he has ever coached. Oklahoma's top WR Brown was supposedly injured and completely ineffective, and Murray still showed well overall. In a situation with more equal talent, that's a winning performance.

I like how Murray played vs Alabama. He was dealing with constant pressure, evaded it pretty consistently, was let down by some drops. Like Wilson, he plays tall in the pocket, and he's even quicker than Wilson - maybe faster, too. Oklahoma got off to a very slow start, and their D never really gave them a chance, but aside from a game where Tua was hobbled by injury, this Alabama team has looked about as good as any in recent memory. Oklahoma was never supposed to win that game. I LOVED, and still love, Deshaun Watson, but I don't think his Clemson teams would have stood much of a chance vs this Alabama team. Quinnen Williams is about as good as any defensive prospect that Saban has ever coached, this receiver group is probably the best (as a group) that Saban has ever coached, and Tua is by FAR the best QB he has ever coached. Oklahoma's top WR Brown was supposedly injured and completely ineffective, and Murray still showed well overall. In a situation with more equal talent, that's a winning performance.

I could not agree more, I think Tua is a stud but would love to see what it would look like if these two switched teams.

Kyler Murray and Oklahoma's offense clearly had not played any defense as fast, physical, and well coached as Alabama's. It showed.

For three drives.

The next SEVEN drives gained 462 yards (an average of 66 yards per drive, with no drive gaining less than 41 yards), and scored 34 points.

The Alabama defense had not given up that many points since they lost the National Championship Game to DeShaun Watson, who scored 35 against them.

Kyler Murray and Oklahoma's offense clearly had not played any defense as fast, physical, and well coached as Alabama's. It showed.

For three drives.

The next SEVEN drives gained 462 yards (an average of 66 yards per drive, with no drive gaining less than 41 yards), and scored 34 points.

The Alabama defense had not given up that many points since they lost the National Championship Game to DeShaun Watson, who scored 35 against them.

great post as usual, but it kind of hurts knowing we are going to miss out on the kid most likely.

Uh, these guys are both very good passers. Comparing to Pat White is so far out in left field. Apparently you don’t watch college football....

For three drives.

Fangio + Murray would be reminiscent of Carroll and Wilson, but I'd hope Fangio would find a better OC.

For those who want Fromm next year, both Murray and Fromm played Alabama and Texas. Murray played Texas twice. Their stats:

Murray - 10.2 YPA 9/1 TD/INT ratio + 80 rushing yards per game and 0.67 rushing TD's per game

Fromm - 7.03 YPA 6/1 TD/INT ratio and negative rushing yards

Back
Top Bottom