Quarterbacks In The Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft

Fitzpatrick on a 2 Year in my opinion ( provided Tanney is gone). We wont have to mortgage the farm for Him.....and look to 2020 for Our QB. Maybe go Defense (Linebacker or Edge) in '19 Draft.... Work the Roster, free up Cap Space, and earn back the trust of the Fan Base. Hopefully, Our Front Office and New Coach(es) will be solidified by then.

So you’re going to pay roughly the same to have Fitz on the roster if you factor in dead money and his contract. What’s the point in that? Shouldn’t you just keep tannehill if that’s the strategy? If they get rid of tannehill, play fales or Faulk.

Grier is going in the first round guys. Not saying that's the way it should be but teams reach for QB's every year and the demand this year is higher than the supply. Early 2nd at the very latest.

This is a tricky situation at quarterback. I really think the team needs to follow the strength of the draft and load up early on defensive lineman.

Get a stopgap at quarterback, draft one in the middle rounds (Finley maybe) and look toward the 2020 draft for quarterbacks.

I do like Murray if he declares. His athletic ability is elite and he could transcend the position for the Dolphins.

This is a tricky situation at quarterback. I really think the team needs to follow the strength of the draft and load up early on defensive lineman.

Get a stopgap at quarterback, draft one in the middle rounds (Finley maybe) and look toward the 2020 draft for quarterbacks.

I do like Murray if he declares. His athletic ability is elite and he could transcend the position for the Dolphins.

I think Murray signed a baseball contract. I don’t think he would make it in the NFL. He had happy eyes against Bama. Suck for Tua/Fromm

Lol how can a quarterback have “pocket presence” when there isn’t a pocket because the interior of your line is comprised of should be Walmart greeters and insurance salesmen?

I LOL at this then frowned because this is the reality of our team.

So you’re going to pay roughly the same to have Fitz on the roster if you factor in dead money and his contract. What’s the point in that? Shouldn’t you just keep tannehill if that’s the strategy? If they get rid of tannehill, play fales or Faulk.
I kinda like the Fales idea. I'm just throwing ideas out there, like most everyone else. Its not like any of the 'Fins Brass pays any attention to Us anyways. We are essentially Peons to Them........

Draft the trench players this year. 2020 go for a QB. In the mean time, suck it up and hope the next HC will have a system that puts players in a position to succeed.
Don't force a round peg into a square hole. Also build your system around the QB's strengths. jmo

First pick should be the best guard available, then the best LBer available unless there’s a major talent gap between that BPA and a BPA at another position. Over drafting a QB is a failure strategy, see the Cleveland Browns for over a decade.

Lol how can a quarterback have “pocket presence” when there isn’t a pocket because the interior of your line is comprised of should be Walmart greeters and insurance salesmen?

Yeah but to be fair, Tannehill holds on to the ball and takes enough time to solve a physics exam question. What came first? The chicken or the egg?

None of this will ever be solved until both the fans and the team management come to the conclusion that if you run the read option all the time or the wildcat all the time, Tanny is your man but if you want to run a traditional pro set, he will always be a panicked deer in the headlight. Noticed I used the past tense of panic and not panickY. A panicky deer would just run, a panicked deer is frozen. Tannehill is a panicky deer in the headlights. He waits to get sacked.

I would take Will Grier in the 3rd if he's there and your drafting him as your back up and wait till 2020 draft for the franchise QB. Like others have said, trade down or trade out for 2020 picks to have extra ammo.

Even if Grier never sees the field, sometimes unknown backups can intrigue other teams for possible future trade.

I don't care for Lock, Haskins or Jones. If Haskins declares I don't think he falls to us and he's too risky to trade up for.

I would consider Haskins trade up IF the 2020 wasnt such a QB promising draft but that's not the case so we need to get this right and not draft a QB in the first just to do it.

2020 is a great idea but Haskins looks good to me. Moves in the pocket, goes through progressions, big and strong. Three TD's in 1st half.
Now maybe we suck so bad next year and get Fromm or Tua, perfect scenario but what does it take to get this kid now? Ranked 18th prospect by McShay. I would say 4th or 5th to get ahead of Giants.

Yeah I'm sold on Haskins. It's him and no one in this draft

Yeah but to be fair, Tannehill holds on to the ball and takes enough time to solve a physics exam question. What came first? The chicken or the egg?

None of this will ever be solved until both the fans and the team management come to the conclusion that if you run the read option all the time or the wildcat all the time, Tanny is your man but if you want to run a traditional pro set, he will always be a panicked deer in the headlight. Noticed I used the past tense of panic and not panickY. A panicky deer would just run, a panicked deer is frozen. Tannehill is a panicky deer in the headlights. He waits to get sacked.

Hey chren its me samsam......you cannot get in the phins website either right? I thought it was just me. Happy new year my friend.

Back
Top Bottom