Rashad Jones | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashad Jones

This is the story of our season so far. Jones wasn't playing well at all, he just wasn't. He was constantly out of position and was becoming a liability on the back end. This is a story i'm going to be watching closely as the combination of Tj Mcdonald and Minkah was a very good pairing on the backend today, TJ actually played very very well. We just have too many high priced players on this team that have been costing us.

This is a big step in a positive direction for this defense. Putting a high priced veteran on the bench for performance issues is a clear signal that changes are being made. I'm very curious to see how it plays out.
Yea but let's make it into huge drama like some are doing. We played great without him.......I'm happy.

TJ is a good strong safety and Minkah is the perfect FS
That should be the plan next season. I love Jones, but he needs to be traded to a contender for cap savings
A team like KC who is playing for a title could have used him this season.
At his age, I’d take a 5th for him.

IMO Jones was dropped, he may have started today but it was symbolic. Burke made the call and it worked.

You’re making my point for me. Was he dropped? Was he not healthy enough to play? If he was dropped, would you really tell the media that he pulled himself from the game?

But whatever, the Dolphins won today and looked awesome doing it, so Gase is above criticism.

Yea but let's make it into huge drama like some are doing. We played great without him.......I'm happy.
To be fair, this could end up being a huge story and he could very well have just quit on the team. I would rather focus on the fact that the defense didn't miss a beat with him on the bench. That speaks volumes to me, regardless of it being the Jets.

To be fair, this could end up being a huge story and he could very well have just quit on the team. I would rather focus on the fact that the defense didn't miss a beat with him on the bench. That speaks volumes to me, regardless of it being the Jets.
Agreed but if he quit then maybe Gase doesn't know which is why he answered like he did.

It was weird.

He was clearly laughing on the sidelines with no helmet on later on. . . But also was seen in a heated exchange with Matt Burke and with Andre Branch.

I don’t know if it all gets out . . . But I feel comfortable its not the injury.

Its either a direct benching or Reshad pulled himself out.

It was weird.

He was clearly laughing on the sidelines with no helmet on later on. . . But also was seen in a heated exchange with Matt Burke and with Andre Branch.

I don’t know if it all gets out . . . But I feel comfortable its not the injury.

Its either a direct benching or Reshad pulled himself out.
i'm guessing it's a benching. Reshad has always been a professional and I just can't see him quitting on the team voluntarily. I would like to believe that Burke made a tough decision and pulled him so he could keep Fitzpatrick on the field more.

TJ is a good strong safety and Minkah is the perfect FS
That should be the plan next season. I love Jones, but he needs to be traded to a contender for cap savings
A team like KC who is playing for a title could have used him this season.
At his age, I’d take a 5th for him.
I'm fine with this....

If this turns into “a thing” I will be shocked given we are talking about Jones here. No prior nonesense w this guy. Also, if he was falling out of favor why not trade him at the deadline? Guys been playing w a bad shoulder - I would cut him some slack if indeed he showed some frustration. Regardless, I’m tired of this staff alienating its best players. It’s a soap opera / assignine.

Back
Top Bottom