Report: Flores-dolphins Deal Already Completed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Flores-dolphins Deal Already Completed

theres a big difference between positional change as an athlete and front office.

if the goal is to be a gm it wont be long before he wants more power. maybe he will earn it. interesting pairing with grier though cause I don't know that id want a guy to tell me my goal was always to be a gm when that can impact my head of football operations gig or whatever down the road and im interviewing him for my head coaching job..

anyways just talkin out loud.

man I don't know I think id want a head coach who always wanted to be a head coach. I don't like hearing that if that's accurate. kinda comes across as a stepping stone to me.

Maybe he'll give us 10 good years ala John madden with the Raiders or Bill Walsh with the 49ers. Once he's done winning a super bowl or more like these gentleman he can go off and be a GM somewhere.

Maybe he'll give us 10 good years ala John madden with the Raiders or Bill Walsh with the 49ers. Once he's done winning a super bowl or more like these gentleman he can go off and be a GM somewhere.

yeah but did either of those two go into their head coach jobs with gm goals? I doubt it

theres a big difference between positional change as an athlete and front office.

if the goal is to be a gm it wont be long before he wants more power. maybe he will earn it. interesting pairing with grier though cause I don't know that id want a guy to tell me my goal was always to be a gm when that can impact my head of football operations gig or whatever down the road and im interviewing him for my head coaching job..

anyways just talkin out loud.

I think it was more along the lines of he wants to work with everyone and help maximize's people potential. A GM is very much in that line of work but from a 50,000 foot scope. A coach is more involved with the players and I think Flores realized he wanted to do that instead. I don't think its about having power and being the mastermind behind everything like Gase wanted.

I think it was more along the lines of he wants to work with everyone and help maximize's people potential. A GM is very much in that line of work but from a 50,000 foot scope. A coach is more involved with the players and I think Flores realized he wanted to do that instead. I don't think its about having power and being the mastermind behind everything like Gase wanted.

yeah maybe he realized during coaching that was his call... would still rather he said it though lol

anyways I can see this from both sides.

I gained a ton of respect for Flores reading that article. My prayers are with his mom and him and his family.

yeah maybe he realized during coaching that was his call... would still rather he said it though lol

anyways I can see this from both sides.

He did though in the article if I am not mistaken?

"“I moved up the ranks and fell in love with coaching,” Flores said. “Being around players you get a chance to make an impact. You get to know them, you get to know their families, you get to know where they grew up. To me when you connect with a player, and they trust you, and they know you care about them, you can be as demanding and tough and get on them as much as you want. That’s kind of my style. They don’t like me all the time. That’s the truth. But they respect me and they know I respect them."

yeah but did either of those two go into their head coach jobs with gm goals? I doubt it

Safe to assume neither went into their head coach jobs with GM goals. I would say though perhaps given that neither was an NFL head coach for more than 10 years that being an NFL head was not their ultimate goal.

he wanted to be a gm? how does that make a good fit for a head coach?

Probably on the bottom of my list of relevant thoughts a brain thinks through ones evolution of life...

One who has a desire to evaluate players ? Seems like you could also put that in the bonus column...A coach with possibly not only good evaluating skills but just as important the ability to do that in a friggin TIMELY fashion ...unlike the other clowns that either never realize of realize so late it was useless anyway..

Only thing that matters is what he is doing NOW and the direction we see this team going in the next couple of years....and that will need actual real time to get a fair evaluation of what we got as a HC.

How in the world are people getting mad on here bc he said at one point he thought he would be a GM??? His first job he got was in the scouting arena, so of course he THOUGHT he would be working his way up to a GM if he continued on that career ladder. After awhile he said he realized he wanted to more directly impact the outcome of games & players, so he ASKED to move into coaching. Man people will get butt hurt about anything on here.

Im looking at the GM aspirations from a different angle. There are many styles of HCs in the NFL, and if Im interpreting this correctly, Flores seems to be the kind of guy who will manage the operation as a whole and delegate responsibilities to fit everyone from staff to players. He'll be in charge of the vision and direction while leaving technicalities to each subsequent level beneath him...

Or I could be way off...

I'm not sold on Flores. But if he turns out to be the next Tom Coughlin and brings us a couple SB victories, that'll be enough.

Yes sir, he is keeping Studesville, excellent

Not a fan of our DB play this year. Seems like the DB's continuous pattern of coverage from other area codes was acceptable for most of the season... Don't know if that was Oden or not, but it was flat out painful and aggravating to watch....Seem like Studesville has done a good job.

Not a fan of our DB play this year. Seems like the DB's continuous pattern of coverage from other area codes was acceptable for most of the season... Don't know if that was Oden or not, but it was flat out painful and aggravating to watch....Seem like Studesville has done a good job.

That’s fair enough, but like you say we don’t know how much of that was Oden’s call. We ended up having a pitiful pass rush as the year went on as well so..

Back
Top Bottom