Rich Eisen Thinks Tua If Healthy Is A Top Three MVP Candidate in '23 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rich Eisen Thinks Tua If Healthy Is A Top Three MVP Candidate in '23

Ugh. I'm so tired of people just vomiting up Lamar's name. The guy has ended the last two seasons with a bum knee and his entire style of play is predicated on being a running threat. Stick him in the pocket and he's a fairly pedestrian QB. I do not know why the Ravens paid him as his game is going to keep dipping.
He’s nowhere near where he used to be and is a used up name.

Top 3? That is mighty high praise. I think Mahomes, Hurts, Lamar, and Burrow would be rated ahead of Tua right now.
Well not as a qb overall but in mvp race with numbers he puts up and wins. Tua was in that running last year with mahomes and hurts until he got hurt. I figure another season Tua will do even better with better running game and hopefully berrios or the other wrs do better at no 3 which I think they will because Cedrick didn't do much as the guy miami got to be the no 3 guy

Well, it's team and coaches that win or lose games, not just a QB.

Do you think if Miami had had the defense the Eagles and Ravens have had, Tua would have been part of some of the losses he was?

Do you think if Tua had the O-Line that the Eagles and Ravens ORG have given them, Tua would not have done even a bit better to maybe help the team overcome not having as reliable a defense as they had?

Did Tua have the talent at Receiver and RB, as the other two?

I think Tua this year is around what the other two have had, let's see if Tua can stay healthy, what he can do compared to Jackson and Hurts.
Well, the MVP award is partly a team award. Have you ever seen a player from a crappy team win it?

LOVE this.

Rich Eisen is 100% one of my favorites of all time. He’s a Jets fan, yet he’s totally fair and balanced with his opinions. Super knowledgeable and likeable. Unlike that talentless ass hat of a troll Chris Simms.

Well, the MVP award is partly a team award. Have you ever seen a player from a crappy team win it?

...and I agree he is a very huge weapon for them, but his skill set is more running back then true QB. He had an amazing year in 2019, but that still does not detract from him being a multiple option QB that did tend to take off early more then not. Still a great talent, but not as great a true QB as many others if he did not have his ability to take off.

You know who also was an MVP?

Cam Newton, and Matt Ryan were.

Good QBs, each had that one very good year, but not really world beaters.

Tua does not get injured last year, he has a very good shot at being the league MVP, and maybe even SB MVP.

Tua needs to just shake off this injury bug, and I hope he does, there is a lot of potential with him.

Last edited:
I would love nothing more than Tua being a great QB but reality says he is not a top 8 QB and is debatable on top 12 because of injury concerns.

Spoiling for a fight.....

This should be entertaining.

Remember, not below the belt fellas....

5gw.gif

Im not getting the joke Keto. Is that all you have to offer is a bad diet? Lamar is washed up, thats fo real.
Well Patty I am sure you are correct. That is why Baltimore just paid him a quarter of a billion dollars. :lmfao:

I would love nothing more than Tua being a great QB but reality says he is not a top 8 QB and is debatable on top 12 because of injury concerns.

Well, he was statistically a top 8 QB last year with the injuries.

So if he's top 8 with injuries, imagine without.

This year we'll all get to see. I am confident he plays a full 20 games this year. 21 if not the 1 seed

I gotta say though, I can't tell who Justin Herbert is going to be. I can't comprehend someone looking so good and so bad at the same time.
Shhhh! Be cool man. Don’t tell anybody this! He’s got enough people fooled that I still get great odds betting against him and this year the family wants Hawaii!

Back
Top Bottom