Ronnie has EAS endorsement deal | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie has EAS endorsement deal

NYFCat said:
What are everyone's thoughts on the reverse of the ephedra ban? I'd like to hear some thoughts on this. Ephedra-based products are not on the market yet, but likely will be soon.

From a personal experience, I took ephedra-based supplements to help me lose weight and build muscle. And, yes, it worked very well. I weighed 240 pounds in April of 2001... I dropped down to as low as 168 by August 2003. My body fat went from 38% to 8.5%. Yeah... freakish...

The drug, if used correctly, is extremely beneficial. I popped 3 pills twice daily before I knew exactly how harmful the drug was. Looking back, the decision was poor. But gimme a break... it was approved on the market and I was 18 at the time. When I realized how harmful the overuse was, I threw out the "Ripped Fuel" (basically pure ephedra) and went to T-Burn (a very small amount of ephedra). T-Burn was excellent. It gave me energy, burned calories, and even allowed me to sleep 2 hours after intake.

I'd like to hear some opinion if possible.

i was on it for almost ten years. I loved it. I used it as part of supplements. Thats was the only way to get a good workout and cut some weight. My wife swears by it also...I still have a case in my closet. I stocked up right before the ban went into effect...

NYFCat said:
What are everyone's thoughts on the reverse of the ephedra ban? I'd like to hear some thoughts on this. Ephedra-based products are not on the market yet, but likely will be soon.

From a personal experience, I took ephedra-based supplements to help me lose weight and build muscle. And, yes, it worked very well. I weighed 240 pounds in April of 2001... I dropped down to as low as 168 by August 2003. My body fat went from 38% to 8.5%. Yeah... freakish...

The drug, if used correctly, is extremely beneficial. I popped 3 pills twice daily before I knew exactly how harmful the drug was. Looking back, the decision was poor. But gimme a break... it was approved on the market and I was 18 at the time. When I realized how harmful the overuse was, I threw out the "Ripped Fuel" (basically pure ephedra) and went to T-Burn (a very small amount of ephedra). T-Burn was excellent. It gave me energy, burned calories, and even allowed me to sleep 2 hours after intake.

I'd like to hear some opinion if possible.

Ripped fuel was the best and the one that made me crash the most when it wore off. I used to take 4 a day and maybe up to six depending on how I felt. I never had any problems. Water is the main thing that I consumed due to the product being a dieretic. I pissed like a race horse..

Well after using ripped fuel for along time I decided to try Xenadrine. I absolutely loved it. When I came down off the pills I didnt crash like when I was on ripped fuel. I used it ever since..

They've got ephedra around here. I have a bottle at home.

I mix it with some caffeine, and an aspirin for a good energy boost.

Yo, whoever is 15 and taking this stuff should stop im not one to to talk since im 16 and I thought about it a few times but like in 1 year dfference my max is an extra 60 pounds on the bench press it justs goes to show growing is better then any of these sumpliments and you should stay away from them as much as you can untill you think your growth is almost done or stopped.

Scrap said:
I don't see anything wrong with protein powders for a teenager.
15 is still young... I'm 18 and I look a hell of a lot different now to how I did then. A lot of my growth has been natural.

the kid who said NO2 is the best stuff on the market is a fool...he's 15 so what can u really expect tho...but i started lifting at 15 and it never stopped my growth....exercise at 15 would be a good idea, its not going to stunt your growth...and i'm so happy the the judge over ruled the FDA's banning on ephedra, b/c it shows that pharmacutical companies dont get to have everthing their way...the pharmacutical companies would love to have all vitamins, minerals, proteins banned and only able to get from a perscription....but for the judge to say that ephedra cannot be banned b/c the FDA must prove that it is unsafe, is a great step in the right direction against big pharmacy companies and it actually really isnt any more dangerous that tylenol

Hummer H23 said:
Anyone got any thoughts on that creatine serum stuff?
helped with endurance a lil but thats it...just buy some no-xplode, trust me

wazzy said:
Yo, whoever is 15 and taking this stuff should stop im not one to to talk since im 16 and I thought about it a few times but like in 1 year dfference my max is an extra 60 pounds on the bench press it justs goes to show growing is better then any of these sumpliments and you should stay away from them as much as you can untill you think your growth is almost done or stopped.

Do you think the 15 year old should stop eating eggs and steaks as well?
Should he cut out all the protein out of his diet because protein stunts growth?

Some supplements are just fine for anyone and protein powders are no different than eating food. It's just a more deliverable and more concentrated source of protein. Hence it helps your body not hinders it.

Watch out for that growth stunting protein! :lol:

finsnchips said:
Ivel, when I started training 12 to 15 months ago I weighed around 40lbs less than I do now, and I haven't touched 'roids, protein, creatine or any other supplements.

It is called growing, you get especially bigger when you first start out. I am only now considering supplements because I am older and the strength/mass progression has decreased.. tbh, I dont care too much about strength, I just wanna look good.

Newsflash.....

You take protein EVERY DAY in food!
It is necessary for muscle growth.
If you didn't intake any protein you would atrophy into a Ghandi look-a-like.

Taking a protein powder for better protein delivery and quality does'nt take you out of the realm of "natural gains".

Trekbiz said:
Newsflash.....

You take protein EVERY DAY in food!
It is necessary for muscle growth.
If you didn't intake any protein you would atrophy into a Ghandi look-a-like.

I think he ment he dosn't supplement his diet with protient or anything beyond his normal meals.

AquaAssasin said:
I learned alot from my buddy that still competes in the pro circuit. I think steroids is very political. Its totally different than people think. I wish it were legal and people knew how to use it correctly..

Agree completely. By making them illegal, the government accomplished two things: 1) Increased the demand; and 2) Took away the ability for people to get legitimate adivce and care in how to use them.

That combination adds up to a lot of people hurting themselves.

Some training advice to the teenagers here: (disclaimer - this is for bodybuilding)

1) Train four days a week - hard!!! M - Chest,Triceps, Obliques; T-Legs, Calves, Intercostals; Th - Shoulders, Traps, Abs; F - Back, Biceps, Serratus. A little none fact - a muscle requires 6 days to recover if it has been properly trained.
2) Do everything extra-wide grip (your frame is still developing and you can actually expand the rib cage at this stage - allows you to carry more weight later) (note - this disagrees with functional strength development for football (narrow grip). Use dumbells whenever possible to develop muscles evenly (also expedites shaping). Do NOT get caught up in "how much can you bench" BS. IF I'm straining with a 180lbs dumbbell, and you are similarly straining with a 60 lbs dumbbell - same result.
3) Eat every two hours: alternating meal, protein drink, meal, protein drink,etc.
4) Consume 20-26 grams of protein each meal/drink. Your body can only process 10grams/hour. Taking any more is literally pissing your money away. Oh, and yes - protein if taken in excess is toxic to your system.
5) Consume as many complex carbs as you want - go moderate on the simple carbs. Your young and your metabolism will take care of it.
6) Supplements: Protein (pure whey ISOLATE - not WPC), Aminos, multi-vitamin (liquid is best).
7) REST and SLEEP. On non-training days - don't even think about lifting weights.
8) Alcohol, drugs, smoking, etc. are counterproductive to everything else you are doing. There is an exception, but I am not going to mention it.
9) Your 15, enjoy life and don't let this consume you. Rather, let it be a healthy part of the total package of who you are.

Anyone ever tried Ultimate Orange?
That stuff put a spring in my step for my workout. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom