Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex

xiidaen said:
I'm against RW coming back, but I still cheer for the success of the team.

I do think that this inviting Williams back to play for us will be a significant risk for the new regime. If it works out, great. But if he burns the team again, then the new coach's reputation is greatly damaged.

It will be interesting to see what protections a contract with RW would include...

I think would be more damaging for Saban to ignore the option of Ricky returning. We already own his rights, so he basically belongs to us, why not get him in here and see how serious he is about playing again before completely closing the door on him. He's still one of the most productive runner in the NFL....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Boomer said:
Sports fans are so fickle. The second he breaks a long one, people won't care. It's "what have you done for me lately" that people remember.

Not all fans Boomer....the Dolphins have paid enough for the Ricky Williams ride...enough is enough.

InMyChambers said:
don't buy this crap people. even if ricky does come back he won't be the same ricky. he's already 30lbs lighter, and can't come back til july 28ish anyway. if he does come back early he'll have to sit out a full year. if he comes back after the july date he's only out 4 games. - per john clayton.

BANK YOUR KIDS CHILD EDUCATION THAT WE WILL DRAFT A RB WITH THE #2 PICK. forget, i repeat FORGET about RW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in case you missed something...I said FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT FORGET IT

No offense but...........I won't be banking anything significant on this team using the #2 on a runner, its far from a certainty.

Boomer said:
I won't be surprised to see him back and I'd welcome him - it's a business and he helps us win (and I'm not prepared to get into a pissing contest about the whys and wherefores of what he did), but any "Inside Info" especially from this regime has to be taken with, no offense Seau, WITH A MOUNTAIN OF SALT.
I have to agree...reporters who have had people inside the complex have had no info...so I take alot of these "inside info" some of the people in here have as just another rumour or speculation...nothing more...sorry :nofly:

juniorseau55 said:
Don't worry about where I got it from but you will see things twisting in the next couple of weeks.

:roflmao:

and Ricky will be doing the twisting...

fishypete said:
Not all fans Boomer....the Dolphins have paid enough for the Ricky Williams ride...enough is enough.

Oh come on Pete. If he rushes for 2000 yards, carries us to Superbowl victory in Detroit, etc etc etc, you will not give a monkeys chuff.

And that's fact whether you deny it or not.

I thought he faces a one year suspension if he comes back to early? Or do we not know something that the phins and the nfl know? I highly doubt he comes back untill mid june in all honesty but if he does come back earlier then ill eat crow... :lol:

Boomer said:
Oh come on Pete. If he rushes for 2000 yards, carries us to Superbowl victory in Detroit, etc etc etc, you will not give a monkeys chuff.

Boomer...I never liked getting Williams from the beginning....even Keith can tell you that...we over-paid for a player right from the beggining....and we're still paying because we lost draft picks that could have been used for players that aren 't nuts. Now we should trust him again? Sorry...fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me.

fishypete said:

Yeah we paid one 1800 yard season and another 1300+ season. That and his leaving got Wanny and friends ousted.

Let the Ricky ride continue!!

I think the fanbase in West Palm, Broward, and Miami-Dade wont have a problem taking Ricky back. Its the prudes from other areas that are so pissed off at him.

fishypete said:
Boomer...I never liked getting Williams from the beginning....even Keith can tell you that...we over-paid for a player right from the beggining....and we're still paying because we lost draft picks that could have been used for players that aren 't nuts. Now we should trust him again? Sorry...fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me.

I agree to disagree, but you can't avoid the fact that if he did what I said in my previous post, you'd be happy, no? Thus making sports fans fickle.

Jnaledu3 said:
Yeah we paid one 1800 yard season and another 1300+ season. That and his leaving got Wanny and friends ousted.

Let the Ricky ride continue!!

I think the fanbase in West Palm, Broward, and Miami-Dade wont have a problem taking Ricky back. Its the prudes from other areas that are so pissed off at him.

This prude was going to Dolphin games long before you were born. And I know one thing....Don Shula would never take Ricky Williams back.

Boomer said:

Your absolutely right Boomer....folks...this is a game. It is just a game. Life long lessons cannot and should not be gleemed from a game. You can complain all you want..but the fact is...if Ricky helps us win..we will all be rooting. Its up to the players to decide if the fins want him back. If they agree..then it really doesnt matter one bit what you or I think. I think everyone should get off their rightchous (sp?) high horse and just be happy if the fins win next year. If Ricky comes back..cool...if not..cool..either way come Sept we will all be drooling for some Dolphin football...and thats the fact jack!!!!

Boomer said:
I agree to disagree, but you can't avoid the fact that if he did what I said in my previous post, you'd be happy, no? Thus making sports fans fickle.

I don't how many ways I can say....screw Ricky Willaims....he's not worth it.

fishypete said:

Youre right about overpaying for him. But hes still the Dolphins property. Like Saban said, he has value to the organization.

And it isnt like the Dolphins wont be prepared if Ricky tries to jump ship again. Believe me, they will get another threat at RB- whether its a FA, trade, or draft pick. Ricky will not be 70 percent of the offense. If he ever left again, it would not be as big a blow as what happened last season.

dave was gonna ricky into the ground, so ricky didn't let him. yea, it pissed all of us off, but the past is the past. today is a new day, linehan wouldn't run ricky 35-40 times a game, and nick at least has ricky listening. 30 lbs is nothing, ricky has 5 months to put on weight and get ready for training camp. ricky can help this team, so i'd be all for him coming back.

Back
Top Bottom