Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex

vt_dolfan said:
Your absolutely right Boomer....folks...this is a game. It is just a game. Life long lessons cannot and should not be gleemed from a game. You can complain all you want..but the fact is...if Ricky helps us win..we will all be rooting. Its up to the players to decide if the fins want him back. If they agree..then it really doesnt matter one bit what you or I think. I think everyone should get off their rightchous (sp?) high horse and just be happy if the fins win next year. If Ricky comes back..cool...if not..cool..either way come Sept we will all be drooling for some Dolphin football...and thats the fact jack!!!!

i never said anything, hut Ricky could help this running game and we could draft that "Franchise Qb" everyone wants

fishypete said:
I don't how many ways I can say....screw Ricky Willaims....he's not worth it.

And I say again, you wouldn't be happy if he rushed for 2000 yards and won us the SB?

Just want to hear you say yes or no.

Hey guys,how far would a heart felt apology from Ricky go?

fishypete said:
This prude was going to Dolphin games long before you were born. And I know one thing....Don Shula would never take Ricky Williams back.

Who cares what Shula would have done. Hes not the coach anymore. And he probably would have taken him back anyway- he took Csonka back after he left. It wouldnt have mattered anyway because Shula never invested in the defense or running game in the Marino years.

Jnaledu3 said:
Who cares what Shula would have done. Hes not the coach anymore. And he probably would have taken him back anyway- he took Csonka back after he left. It wouldnt have mattered anyway because Shula never invested in the defense or running game in the Marino years.

Czonka left for the money....thats business....bet your life if he was on drugs...he wouldn't have been back.

Boomer said:
And I say again, you wouldn't be happy if he rushed for 2000 yards and won us the SB?

Boomer...I am just really curious...does Ricky fit the mold of the type of back Linehan desires...or does Ronnie Brown fit the mold better?. I don't think Ricky will be back...I am not sure if he is a fit in the new offense.

Personally I dont like it but I am trusting in Saban's judgement. We are not close to the situation so we dont know all the ins and outs.I would trade him but we probably cannot get much for him unless he shows he wants to play football again and the only way he can do that is to play football.

Boomer said:

no!!! If the Dolphins couldn't win with Marino....but we still loved our team...why should we lower the team and ourselves...for that POS. There's just too many other good running backs out there to do that. Let him clean the garbage from the fans in the stadium for all I care. I'm sure Wayne can find him work.

If it is true, to me it means Saban wants a qb in teh draft at #2 and Ricky allows him to do that.

NYPhinFan said:
Boomer...I am just really curious...does Ricky fit the mold of the type of back Linehan desires...or does Ronnie Brown fit the mold better?. I don't think Ricky will be back...I am not sure if he is a fit in the new offense.

Well they are very similar. What you have to remember is this - that Saban does not like 1 back doing it all. At MSU hae had TJ Duckett and Little John Flowers; at LSU he inherited Domanick Davis and LaBrandon Toefield and then recruited Ally Broussard and Justin Vincent - a bigger guy with a smaller, quicker, guy with vision and real cutback skills. Thus it makes me think Carnell Williams has the big chance to go 2 because he clearly has vision and cutbackability in abundance.

But you still didn't answer my question. :D

fishypete said:
no!!! If the Dolphins couldn't win with Marino....but we still loved our team...why should we lower the team and ourselves...for that POS. There's just too many other good running backs out there to do that. Let him clean the garbage from the fans in the stadium for all I care. I'm sure Wayne can find him work.

So you wouldn't be happy if we won the SB on Williams' back because of what he did??????????????????????????????????

You're crazy.

CrunchTime said:
Personally I dont like it but I am trusting in Saban's judgement. We are not close to the situation so we dont know all the ins and outs.I would trade him but we probably cannot get much for him unless he shows he wants to play football again and the only way he can do that is to play football.

I agree with you. If Ricky's head is screwed on right and he really wants to play football, I'd welcome him back. My gut instinct would be to draw him back and trade him but until he proves himself again, we'll get almost nothing for him. Best bet, IMO, is to let him play back up until he's back in shape then share RB chores between Gordon and Ricky.

Boomer said:
So you wouldn't be happy if we won the SB on Williams' back because of what he did??????????????????????????????????

You're crazy.

Maybe Honor means something to me more than you.

I was just as upset as the next guy, and hellbent on never wanting him back. Not to mention I never thought in a million years that he'd come back. But.....if he does, I'll definitely have him back. It seems to me like it's going to happen. I'll also trust Saban on this one.

Back
Top Bottom