Rumor - Steve Marshall - New Oline Coach | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor - Steve Marshall - New Oline Coach

Not going to sugarcoat it, some of these hires on the offensive side of the ball have been underwhelming. We'll see how it goes, but the pressure will be ON for this unit to perform.

And this just confirms that Gailey is our new OC, which I guess was already a given.

Can you coach? If you can do a better job go to the HQ's an ask for an interview show your credentials and resume. I used to coach Defense in 91-95 at USCSB Coyotes. If I knew OL or anything offense I would apply I am damn good at teaching players how to play we won 3 of 4 years I was there we ranked 4th, 2nd, and 1st overall in defense when I was the Coordinator we played in Division II CCAA. I played as well High School (FONTANA STEELERS 1987) and Jr. College (1991). I played QB at Fontana and LB at Skadron College. I may be 49 but I am very cerebral and I am someone you better respect or I really get on your case. Capisci. We need hard-nose teachers who can coach their asses off. Brian Flores is the perfect hire he is knows what he wants and he goes and get it. Do it man. Prove you can coach and you never know.

Damn man, how many times you gonna self promote? We get it, you coached at some place at some time and you know more than a vast majority of members.

Calling it now the Gailey and Marshall hires reek of a design to tank in 2020. These two hires are going to come back to bit Miami in the butt. There is nothing in Marshall background suggesting he's a worthy hire. It's his connection to Gailey that is getting him this gig in South Florida. Gailey runs 4 WR sets and the last time under both Philbin and Gase that set got the QB killed. Now Miami has an even worse group of Offensive Linemen under Flores, so the expected results looks to be potentially atrocious. I'm scared to death of the increasing appearance of a non improved situation in the trenches. I hope this turns out better.

Calling it now the Gailey and Marshall hires reek of a design to tank in 2020. These two hires are going to come back to bit Miami in the butt. There is nothing in Marshall background suggesting he's a worthy hire. It's his connection to Gailey that is getting him this gig in South Florida. Gailey runs 4 WR sets and the last time under both Philbin and Gase that set got the QB killed. Now Miami has an even worse group of Offensive Linemen under Flores, so the expected results looks to be potentially atrocious. I'm scared to death of the increasing appearance of a non improved situation in the trenches. I hope this turns out better.
I'm not going to say the Gailey hire excites me, but there is an alternative theory to that of wholesale changes to the offensive scheme. Gailey has actually run a few different systems as an OC, depending upon who he was working for at the time.

Let's say for the sake of arguement, that with Parker, Williams, Ford, Hearns, Wilson?, Flo feels the "spread" could be a effective added tool to go along with our existing scheme? He has always said he wants to be able to attack in multiple ways.

Let's then, again for the sake of arguement, assume one reason for O'Shea's dismissal was the complete ineffectiveness of our running attack. He was, after all, just a WR coach. Certainly Chan has experience with a variety of blocking schemes.

If you consider alternatives to the view that Gailey is being given a blank check, it starts to make a little more sense.

No way we are looking at Tanking. I mean if we were going to tank this was the year for that when all the tanking pieces lined up so well and we didn't.

Well not much we can do, so might as well let this play out. It will be another strong indication to evaluate our GM AND HC after next season.

But if Grier and Flores actually upgrade the players on the OL it could be better than maybe a previously established OL coach who some have actually heard of and thus desire.
The biggest fear IMO is we continue in this OL hole filling process in which the coach and GM feel satisfied with only the slight up grade of the mediocrity level we have now. Fear the guys running the show don't get the HUGE importance of finally putting a legitimate and solid OL together.
That scares me a hell of a lot more than these new Hirings in which truthfully do not have enough actual insight and knowledge to know why Flores and Grier accept them. But all the responsibility will be on them so, we just have to wait and see AND keep our fingers crossed they actually know what they are doing.

Back
Top Bottom