Rumor - Steve Marshall - New Oline Coach | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor - Steve Marshall - New Oline Coach

Do you think maybe it has something to do with the actual talent playing on the defense this year? Did you see the names playing on the defense? Good god, this is really not that difficult.
I was merely responding to the comment that Williams didn’t appear to be a good hire for the Jets. I simply compared the Jets and Dolphins ranking for the last two years to show that hiring Williams was a good hire for the Jets.
I realize that the Dolphins did not have much talent on defense but I still think Williams is a better DC than Graham.

why was Callahan was fired from the Redskins?
He was hired as a one-year stopgap for that role with the Redskins. Seemed to do a good job IMO, T. Williams didn't help but he did kind of help turn around Flowers sinking career..
But new coaches ( Ron Rivera ) do like to have their own guys I guess..

I was merely responding to the comment that Williams didn’t appear to be a good hire for the Jets. I simply compared the Jets and Dolphins ranking for the last two years to show that hiring Williams was a good hire for the Jets.
I realize that the Dolphins did not have much talent on defense but I still think Williams is a better DC than Graham.

I never implied it wasn't a good hire, it just didn't make them as great as everyone thought it would. Especially based off name power, people were making wild predictions for that defense when he was hired.

This is the thread that made me change my signature.

Interesting POV.
I'm on the way to early to tell. I like the approach and see it as way over due (Decades) and as far as judging Flores off of this season at this point IMO is highly unfair and unwise due to the potential gained from trashing this season.
Now to be fair the other side is, was there anyone on the planet that could have turned the team around without the level of tearing down and began an actual rebuild with possibly more success ? Maybe not loosing a Tunsil or a Minkha Fitz. More emphasis on maybe OL quality DE quality actual higher talent DB. Truthfully thats way beyond our pay scale but is in the realm of possibility.
Now just finishing is IMO we need to see what is done with all the assets we've acquired and also how Flores handles an actual quality of players in training, preparation, game planing and just real time insight shown when vitally needed. I'm on the good feeling from the little seen but a true evaluation of Flores real ability needs more time and better players to really see what he is and can do. JMO...

I don't put a lot of belief in the locals guys. Just answering Aqua's question.

Personally think Callahan would be my non expertise choice and kind of a little paranoid of "friendships or common connections being valued more than proven success and experience ( if that applies ). But accept Flores is the Man and his career is riding on his own decisions and at this point judgement on them is way way way to early.

It just seams that we see over and over it comes back to prior relationships, not necessarily who we would think is best hire based on prior body of work.,

I mean I understand it, you put all this work in together on something and if you don’t have a good understanding on how the other person thinks and will mesh with you and vice versa.

It just seams that we see over and over it comes back to prior relationships, not necessarily who we would think is best hire based on prior body of work.,

I mean I understand it, you put all this work in together on something and if you don’t have a good understanding on how the other person thinks and will mesh with you and vice versa.
These are the kind of decisions that can make or break a career. I see what you are pointing at and truthfully am coming from a substandard knowledge of who most of these people are. Callahan has establish a highly credible status as a OL coach that even I am aware of. Realize it's Flores decision in which he will be totally resposible for success or failure and IMO whoever he picks needs our positive support atleast for a period of time to establish some level of evaluation from what the new guy brings to the table.
Just kind of comfortable when you have positive feelings about an addition even before made. But am for sure a Flores supporter this coming season. Judgement if any will be at end of 2020 season.

Interesting POV.
I'm on the way to early to tell. I like the approach and see it as way over due (Decades) and as far as judging Flores off of this season at this point IMO is highly unfair and unwise due to the potential gained from trashing this season.
Now to be fair the other side is, was there anyone on the planet that could have turned the team around without the level of tearing down and began an actual rebuild with possibly more success ? Maybe not loosing a Tunsil or a Minkha Fitz. More emphasis on maybe OL quality DE quality actual higher talent DB. Truthfully thats way beyond our pay scale but is in the realm of possibility.
Now just finishing is IMO we need to see what is done with all the assets we've acquired and also how Flores handles an actual quality of players in training, preparation, game planing and just real time insight shown when vitally needed. I'm on the good feeling from the little seen but a true evaluation of Flores real ability needs more time and better players to really see what he is and can do. JMO...

Agree. I don't see why some are so repulsed by the "encouraged" word. everyone knows one year doesn't prove much in any sport and everyone wants to see confirmation in year 2, BUT, that doesn't mean there can't be reason for optimism.
People who predicted 0-16 due to "trash," can't see improvement with 5 wins - two against playoff teams. That's not evaluation. That's frustration they didn't get #1 pick

Agree. I don't see why some are so repulsed by the "encouraged" word. everyone knows one year doesn't prove much in any sport and everyone wants to see confirmation in year 2, BUT, that doesn't mean there can't be reason for optimism.
People who predicted 0-16 due to "trash," can't see improvement with 5 wins - two against playoff teams. That's not evaluation. That's frustration they didn't get #1 pick

Truthfully, Have to admit IMO beating the Bengals and the Pats. though made a good day was a head scratching mistake. Now I understand the debate over the benefits and don't want to open that can of worms again, but I'd sure rather be #1 or 2 instead of 5 over something I truthfully don't even think about any more. Better picks to jump on a guy or just as interesting get even more draft pks. But though I strongly disagree do still support Flores and look forward to seeing more of what he does for our team .

People must understand its a damn sports forum, you don't come here as if its The University of Intellectual Football Wisdom. I mean Opinions all kinds :lmfao: :lol::lol:

Last edited:
wow what a ****ty resume. did he **** the HC's wife everywhere he went or is interpol after him?
70-disco-dude-men-costume.jpg

Rumor is Jim Caldwell is a potential candidate for the OC job in Philly. Hope he stays? Steve Marshall is an underwhelming choice if true? Gailey and Marshall don't push the needle!!! The potential for a set back on offense is very real, and that's saying something, with a already non existent running game and a QB who had nearly his best season as a pro?

The potential for a set back on offense is very real,

Nonsense. There is almost zero chance our line is as bad next year, as this season. If it is, then we need to fire everybody.

Our line probably isn't going to be a top 10 unit, but it is almost impossible to be as bad. We were, arguably, the worst line in decades of NFL teams.

Between FA and the draft, I'm confident we will be at least competent. I can understand skepticism to a point, but you would have to think Flo a Philbin level buffoon, to say our line won't improve.

Truthfully, Have to admit IMO beating the Bengals and the Pats. though made a good day was a head scratching mistake. Now I understand the debate over the benefits and don't want to open that can of worms again, but I'd sure rather be #1 or 2 instead of 5 over something I truthfully don't even think about any more. Better picks to jump on a guy or just as interesting get even more draft pks. But though I strongly disagree do still support Flores and look forward to seeing more of what he does for our team .

People must understand its a damn sports forum, you don't come here as if its The University of Intellectual Football Wisdom. I mean Opinions all kinds :lmfao: :lol::lol:

I think every fan would prefer pick #2 over pick #5. No debate there, except for those intellectually challenged in math. As a number have noted, one problem is those so obsessed over draft position, they refuse to acknowledge any positives with 5 wins.
Yes, it's a public forum and opinions vary. That said, those posters so blind they can't accept anything but THEIR opinion can make it unpleasant at times.
As for OL coach, I would prefer someone with some success in their pocket. With 3-4 new OLmen this fall, getting them to gel in 4 games is going to be hard enough with a good OL coach. Flo has to get it right

I think every fan would prefer pick #2 over pick #5. No debate there, except for those intellectually challenged in math. As a number have noted, one problem is those so obsessed over draft position, they refuse to acknowledge any positives with 5 wins.
Yes, it's a public forum and opinions vary. That said, those posters so blind they can't accept anything but THEIR opinion can make it unpleasant at times.
As for OL coach, I would prefer someone with some success in their pocket. With 3-4 new OLmen this fall, getting them to gel in 4 games is going to be hard enough with a good OL coach. Flo has to get it right

The question isn't necessarily acknowledging the 5 wins. It's just that some believe that it far exceeds 2-3-4 wins in a 5-11 season to have that #2 or even 1 pk. Now you can agree or not agree but everyone is allowed their opinion (atleast so far) and your tagging as "obsessed" because why ? they have a different opinion which may not correspond to your view.

I think it was a poor decision. I still do because your reasoning after thought out isn't sufficient enough to change my opinion. And I'm not saying it couldn't be changed but I haven't heard a sufficient enough IMO reason to see it as more important. Now I don't think your obsessed of crazy for your view I just don't agree.
Me for the OL would prefer Expereienced and a level of significant success. But its Flores team and I accept and eventually will have my own opinion on their evaluation in the distant future of him and his pick.

Me, I think the opportunity to get a Young, Andrew, Okudah, or even Burrow, and to be a few spots higher in the next rds has more value than those 2 last games. And thats JMO which makes this the place it is all these opinions good and bad.
And yes its alway great to out play and beat N.E., which again IMO is half the team they've been the last 15 years.
I

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom