RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami

Absolutely emphatically incorrect.

Tua's first start came mid-season. Do you remember why? Because Fitz absolutely sucked up to that point in the season and couldn't move the ball down field.

If you want to push your Tua hate agenda, fine. But get your facts right. Otherwise, you just look foolish.
Fitzpatrick had just won three games in a row and was playing well.

Fitzpatrick had just won three games in a row and was playing well.
One of those things that gets repeated enough that it feels real but it's actually flawed, Fitzpatrick didn't win 3 consecutive games for Miami prior to losing his job. At the time he was replaced by Tua he was 3-3 , having won 3 of his last 4 games, He had a really impressive win against the 49ers, but the other two wins were against the Jets and Jags who had a combined record of 3 and 29 so it's pretty likely Tua or just about any other half way decent qb would have won those two games too. For the record Fitz did play decent in the loss to the Seahawks in that mentioned 4 game stretch. Overall Fitzpatrick won 4 games that he started that year and 3 of them came against the Jets (twice) and the Jags. At the time Fitz was replaced he 3 games inwhich he threw for 300+ yards but also had 3 where he failed to throw for 200 and Miami was amongst the league leaders in 3 and out drives at the time. I do believe Fitzpatrick and Miami were scoring about 30 points per game over his last 4 or 5 starts prior to being benched so they were putting up points.

Last edited:
Plus if we are going all in on seeing what Tua is made of this year then it makes alot more sense to have a QB that is going to try to support Tua instead of take his job and be a potential distraction. I think JG would lend to a little more distraction

Well my issue is that its only a distraction if TT doesn't live up to expectations. Because at that point even TB would be a distraction. Unless you think TB is so bad that he'd be even worse than a bad Tua which Brisset was last year.

I have no problem with competition and if its made clear to TB that the no. 2 spot is now in competition then so be it. Tua? Well I would hope that he's made of sterner stuff if having JG on the roster ruffles his feathers to the point that he plays bad just because he's nervous about JG on the roster given that he's got the green light as the 1 no matter what. I mean everyone is already talking about 'will the dolphins have to draft another QB next year if Tua doesn't pan out?' So distractions will always be around him and he did pretty well already with the Watson fiasco.

Now the compensation to get JG and those particulars....well that's going to make this not happen IMHO more so than any money given to TB as of now.

Well my issue is that its only a distraction if TT doesn't live up to expectations. Because at that point even TB would be a distraction. Unless you think TB is so bad that he'd be even worse than a bad Tua which Brisset was last year.

I have no problem with competition and if its made clear to TB that the no. 2 spot is now in competition then so be it. Tua? Well I would hope that he's made of sterner stuff if having JG on the roster ruffles his feathers to the point that he plays bad just because he's nervous about JG on the roster given that he's got the green light as the 1 no matter what. I mean everyone is already talking about 'will the dolphins have to draft another QB next year if Tua doesn't pan out?' So distractions will always be around him and he did pretty well already with the Watson fiasco.

Now the compensation to get JG and those particulars....well that's going to make this not happen IMHO more so than any money given to TB as of now.

this was actually one of my lesser points. the main point was it didnt financially make sense to get TB if we knew we were gonna make a play for JG. having 20 mil TB + JG as backups is not financially sound.

I just think fewer fans would clamour for TT to be replaced if he had a rough game or 2 back to back with TB as his backup instead of JG.

I know win-loss is more of a team record than qb, but Jimmy G is 45-18 as a starter, Teddy B is 41-32. JG knows the offense. I dont think it would ruffle his feathers, just tired of every season there being some kind of friggin distraction. Plus, we dont know Mike McD mindsight, but as a rookie HC, would he be a little quicker to pull the trigger than work out the kinks with Tua.

I guess im just okay with seeing if we have a potential franchise QB than bring in a guy who is good enough under center

Agree completely. The reality that most Tua fans don't want to see is that Garopolo is at this point a better QB than Tua. Is Tuas ceiling higher? We all hope so, but its unknown.

Tua is on a short leash regardless, and the Dolphins are going all in to make a competitive playoff team in this loaded AFC.

Here is a stat breakdown from 2021.
View attachment 113504View attachment 113506

That stats are there. You can make an argument that he doesn't show up on the playoffs or big games but neither has Tua. (Titans, Bills, ect...) Also Jimmy G has playoff experience vs none for Tua.

Do I think they trade for him, maybe if Tua falters during the season. But not right now. I'm hoping for the best for Tua but everyone here puts him on this pedestal based on future assumptions.
Reading those comparative stats scream out "look at the team around the 2 Qb's" IMO. Jimmy may or may not work better on this team this season than Tua (if this happened) but bringing in that salary and (probably) giving up draft compensation vs. what we have would be ridiculous.

Foolish me, and I thought those were team wins - LOL
As I recall, Fitz had been struggling up to that point.
Fitz was struggling up to that point. He sucked in his last start at home against the Jets.

Why can’t be just go after a healthy QB for a change. He just had surgery on his throwing shoulder. I’m not the biggest Tua supporter but we did make an investment and it’s time for us to see it through.

The Dolphins put out one of the worst lines ever to protect Tua.
Imagine going into games knowing you get very little time fior a play to develop before you get buried.
We miss attempting the deep pass simply because we can't protect up front.
Jimmy G has proven behind good lines he isn't it period.
Tua hasn't had the chance.
If grier trades for Jimmy G then it's time for Grier to admit he is clueless at finding a Q.b

Why can’t be just go after a healthy QB for a change. He just had surgery on his throwing shoulder. I’m not the biggest Tua supporter but we did make an investment and it’s time for us to see it through.
Same with FA's.

'Oh he missed half of last two seasons?! No worries, we love that!!'

This is another useless rumor nothing more.

What QB should 'we go after?'

I'm not sold he's a bust as well as not being sold he is on the path to greatness. I'll reserve my judgment till the finish of this season. He finally looks healthy, and has undoubtedly gained strength and 2 years of experience. Weapons and a proven offensive scheme surrounded him. If he can't do it this year, he never will.
I personally think the hip injury set him back quite a bit, more than we know. Just look at the photos of his rookie year and compare them to those now, night and day. Will that translate into success, I don't know and neither does anyone else, time will tell. For now, he's our QB so I will root for him to succeed regardless, I'm a Dolphins fan first and foremost...
1658604760727.png1658604940726.png

Back
Top Bottom