RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami

How about a 50 yard post corner instead? Or is that too far?

Also, since your late to the party. We've already discussed how Tua was tied with Kyler Murray for the best completion percentage, 50%, on deep throws. But you do you, ostrich.

I'll be interested in seeing the "Lemmings" response to this - LOL

How about a 50 yard post corner instead? Or is that too far?

Also, since your late to the party. We've already discussed how Tua was tied with Kyler Murray for the best completion percentage, 50%, on deep throws. But you do you, ostrich.

That is a corner pattern, I said a 20 yrd deep out....not a floating pass to the corner where the receiver needs to wait (turns around) on it and get hit by the safety. Route-Tree-Expanded.png

Haha, Aaron Rodgers was out for most of 2017 and in 2018 he threw for 4400 yards 25 td and 2 int. You mean he couldn't overcome bad defense? If Tua ever puts up those numbers, hell will have frozen over. What would Rodgers do with Tyreek and waddle? That would be scary
Did Rogers have a good OL?

jim gordon sob GIF by Gotham
Perfect description of stirring the pot on Fin Heaven - LOL

Tua doesn't refuse to push the ball downfield, the simple truth is he CAN NOT push the ball downfield effectively so he is intelligent enough to attempt it very very sparingly.

His passes take too long to get to target or float, with the Alabama all star track team for receivers it didn't much matter, but this is the NFL.....not the SEC playing some D2 school. Come to think of it, I'm not certain I've ever seen Tua throw a 20 yrd out in the NFL.....
You have no idea what play calling means nor how an Oline operates. Do you know what the word anticipation mean?

Tua doesn't refuse to push the ball downfield, the simple truth is he CAN NOT push the ball downfield effectively so he is intelligent enough to attempt it very very sparingly.

His passes take too long to get to target or float, with the Alabama all star track team for receivers it didn't much matter, but this is the NFL.....not the SEC playing some D2 school. Come to think of it, I'm not certain I've ever seen Tua throw a 20 yrd out in the NFL.....
You don't think Tua not being able to throw downfield might have something to do with one of the worst offensive lines in history, do you?

That's clearly because he never was allowed to have much time to throw deep. Pressure was coming in immediately usually from more than one position with our poor OL and blocking scheme last season.
I doubt that will be the case this year.
Also, he sure threw the ball deep well in college, why can't he throw deep all of the sudden? It was the scheme and OL performance.
All that changes in 2022.

Not when your QB refuses to push the ball, which he refused to do. When he tried he was not accurate. So they dared him and he did nothing with it.

Huh? Wasn't Tua the most accurate QB in the NFL on passes over 20 yards?

Dont move the goal posts and talk about total amount of passes.

You directly stated when he tried to push the ball he wasn't accurate.

If being the most accurate passer on deep passes is not accurate......I mean i guess...

Unless you believe 10-15 yard passes is pushing the ball.

But my bad. So sorry. I won't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Carry on

Wow. That's amazing! Do you know if they threw the same amount of times down the field?

Don't move the goal posts when facts prove a statement, albeit not your statement, wrong

Huh? Wasn't Tua the most accurate QB in the NFL on passes over 20 yards?

Dont move the goal posts and talk about total amount of passes.

You directly stated when he tried to push the ball he wasn't accurate.

If being the most accurate passer on deep passes is not accurate......I mean i guess...

Unless you believe 10-15 yard passes is pushing the ball.

But my bad. So sorry. I won't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Carry on

His accuracy is great deep, but I think it's also worth noting that defenses tend to dare him to do it. He's not seeing the same over the top coverages as some other QB.

Back
Top Bottom