RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami

This is what annoys me, this isn't click bait. This is a report you don't want to believe, a move you don't want to see your favorite team make, so you are going to call it click bait and dismiss it and just brush it off as "fake" or "made up".

On January 9th if there was a report Miami was going to fire Brian Flores, you (and others) would have been screaming its click bait, not happening, this is dumb. You would have attacked the reporter and called him childish names. Then on Jan 10th when Flores was actually fired and it caught everyone by surprise then what? You all go run into a hole and hide. The vocal "haters" who like to bash reporters and claim everything is "click bait" (by the way learn what click bait is before you use the term) are just disgruntled fans with hurt feelings hoping the report "doesn't happen" cause they don't want it to happen.

What we lived through all of 2021 with the Watson rumors. Fans attacked the reporters, claimed it was all click bait and "made up". Threw temper tantrums online and cursed people out. THEN...........fast forward to the day after the NFL Trade Deadline and Chris Grier gets in front of a podium at a press conference and admits Miami was talking to Houston for months about possibly trading for Watson but they couldn't work out a deal. IT WAS ALL TRUE! Every report, rumor, story was 100% true and Grier confirmed it! I am sure you claiming for months all of those reporters were just doing "click bait" apologized to everyone. SMH

Fans do this all the time now, see a news item or report, they don't want it to happen so lets just call it click bait and dismiss it as BS, call a reporter some names, and shout them down to make yourself feel better on the inside and cope with this story that I hope doesn't happen may. It's sad actually.

Here is the thing, just because you don't want Miami to trade for JimmyG (and I don't) doesn't mean the report is false or its click bait. NO reporter.....TRUST ME, no reporter who makes their living covering the NFL, is going to risk their job making up a fake story on JimmyG and the Miami Dolphins. Nobody cares that enough about either to do such a thing. They won't risk their mortgage, their source of income, how they provide for their wife and kids, and their job over such a thing. It's not happening.

This is just a reporter doing it job on a story that really isn't anything that special. He is hearing thing from sources, he reported it and its not that big a deal.

So instead of claiming "click bait" and this is BS and calling reporters names, maybe take a step back take a deep breath and understand, wow didn't see a report like this coming. I hope its not true. let's see where it goes. And maybe not attack reporters and others who are just sharing information they have been told and are doing their job.
Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

I never said, nor implied, that the op could not or even should not post things here. I just didn’t think this posting was a good look due to the lack of substance and credibility of the “source.“ It’s clickbait because it a hot button topic backed up solely by conjecture and unidentified opinions. If it makes national news, I wouldn’t be surprised. They seem to find and run with anything negative about Tua. If it’s not picked up, again no surprise here. Matt Lombardo is hardly irrefutable.

why I responded to this thread is because it’s a message board. I disagreed with the op and did not attack him personally. I’m glad you have a working partnership with him and his site as not everything he posts is garbage. I just thought this singular posting was beneath his overall quality.

So what you are saying for the common folk like me is Sometimes it is wise to pass up an opportunity

I never said, nor implied, that the op could not or even should not post things here. I just didn’t think this posting was a good look due to the lack of substance and credibility of the “source.“ It’s clickbait because it a hot button topic backed up solely by conjecture and unidentified opinions. If it makes national news, I wouldn’t be surprised. They seem to find and run with anything negative about Tua. If it’s not picked up, again no surprise here. Matt Lombardo is hardly irrefutable.

why I responded to this thread is because it’s a message board. I disagreed with the op and did not attack him personally. I’m glad you have a working partnership with him and his site as not everything he posts is garbage. I just thought this singular posting was beneath his overall quality.
Who are you Edward R. Murrow? I need your approval of what is "overall quality" in journalism on what I should post and share? Who made you the king of journalism? I must have missed that memo and vote.

My site has been around for 10+ years and well respected and we have national sponsors and we aren't putting out click bait or garbage. I write for the official team website as well, I know journalism. I don't need a journalism lesson from you. And trust me I don't post garbage, I may post things you don't agree with and since you have a Childs mind and 4th grade mentality you will call it "garbage" because you are incapable of having an open mind or capable of hearing a different opinion other than your own.

You are just oversensitive and upset that Miami "may" be interested in JimmyG so its easier to attack the reporter or me than it is to deal with reality.

And you can take shots and attack Matt Lombardo's credibility, but he put his name on his report and is doing his job. Who the heck are you? AZStryker (guessing that isn't you real name).....put your real name out and don't hide on a message board and just call people names.

Very much doubt it, Tua is still here with potential to be great on still a rookie contract, Bridgewater is here, giving us hopefully a very capable backup.

Unless Jimmy Garoppolo signs with Miami for far less then he will get anywhere else, him possibly going to Miami smells much like a lazy writer or reporter that just decided Garoppolo and McDaniel reunion made sense to him with no other stories out there.

Who are you Edward R. Murrow? I need your approval of what is "overall quality" in journalism on what I should post and share? Who made you the king of journalism? I must have missed that memo and vote.

My site has been around for 10+ years and well respected and we have national sponsors and we aren't putting out click bait or garbage. I write for the official team website as well, I know journalism. I don't need a journalism lesson from you.

You are just oversensitive and upset that Miami "may" be interested in JimmyG so its easier to attack the reporter or me than it is to deal with reality.

And you can take shots and attack Matt Lombardo's credibility, but he put his name on his report and is doing his job. Who the heck are you? AZStryker (guessing that isn't you real name).....put your real name out and don't hide on a message board and just call people names.
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

You clearly insinuated he posted this here for clicks and thus attacking his integrity, he was simply passing along a story. He clearly stated he is not in favor of this and was just passing a story along for discussion.
End of this discussion, back on topic, please.

You clearly insinuated he posted this here for clicks and thus attacking his integrity, he was simply passing along a story. He clearly stated he is not in favor of this and was just passing a story along for discussion.
End of this discussion, back on topic, please.
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

yup what @Pacer said, they want to pay us to take him with draft compensation, taking on financial aspects, and take teddy b off our hands. then im all for it.

unless its all 3 of those then nope. i was an advocate for getting Teddy B in the offseason if his price was low enough. Always been in favor of the backup having very similar skill sets as your starter. I think TB fits the mold of TT better than JG.

@AZStryker there are a million definitions for clickbait. Omar post stuff like this all the time and we say he's just digging for clicks. I cant read that site on my computer so i just try to get a grasp of what was said there thru discussion.

Truth is, we probably dont sign Teddy if we know that JG is in the picture. when we signed TB we already had made our decision on JG. JG is something that would've done been discussed and the foundation set for months back if we were going after him. we would've signed shitty mccareerbad thrower as backup qb as tuas "vet leadership" for like 1 or 2 mil. drafted skylar still. then when he could pass a physical, trade for JG and cut shitty mccareerbadthrower. JG is not and was not ever in the making

This is what annoys me, this isn't click bait. This is a report you don't want to believe, a move you don't want to see your favorite team make, so you are going to call it click bait and dismiss it and just brush it off as "fake" or "made up".

On January 9th if there was a report Miami was going to fire Brian Flores, you (and others) would have been screaming its click bait, not happening, this is dumb. You would have attacked the reporter and called him childish names. Then on Jan 10th when Flores was actually fired and it caught everyone by surprise then what? You all go run into a hole and hide. The vocal "haters" who like to bash reporters and claim everything is "click bait" (by the way learn what click bait is before you use the term) are just disgruntled fans with hurt feelings hoping the report "doesn't happen" cause they don't want it to happen.

What we lived through all of 2021 with the Watson rumors. Fans attacked the reporters, claimed it was all click bait and "made up". Threw temper tantrums online and cursed people out. THEN...........fast forward to the day after the NFL Trade Deadline and Chris Grier gets in front of a podium at a press conference and admits Miami was talking to Houston for months about possibly trading for Watson but they couldn't work out a deal. IT WAS ALL TRUE! Every report, rumor, story was 100% true and Grier confirmed it! I am sure you claiming for months all of those reporters were just doing "click bait" apologized to everyone. SMH. Yeah probably not.

Fans do this all the time now, see a news item or report, they don't want it to happen so lets just call it click bait and dismiss it as BS, call a reporter some names, and shout them down to make yourself feel better on the inside and cope with this story that I hope doesn't happen may actually happen. It's sad actually.

Here is the thing, just because you don't want Miami to trade for JimmyG (and I don't) doesn't mean the report is false or its click bait. NO reporter.....TRUST ME, no reporter who makes their living covering the NFL, is going to risk their job making up a fake story on JimmyG and the Miami Dolphins. Nobody cares about either JimmyG or the Fins enough to do such a thing. This isn't a story that will generate millions of clicks and make the reporter a millionare overnight. It's a throw away story on a marginal QB and a team that has been bad for 20+ years. They won't risk their mortgage, their source of income, how they provide for their wife and kids, and their job over such a thing. It's not happening.

This is just a reporter doing his job on a story that really isn't anything that special. He is hearing thing from sources, he reported it and its not that big a deal.

So instead of claiming "click bait" and this is BS and calling reporters names, maybe take a step back take a deep breath and understand, wow didn't see a report like this coming. I hope its not true. let's see where it goes. And maybe not attack reporters and others who are just sharing information they have been told and are doing their job.

Ok the media makes up garbage all the time, or rather embellishes on rumors and hearsay, like the tweet you posted did. Some of it’s true to a certain point, others are pure speculation, again like the tweet. You don’t think the current media culture is about generating clicks and views, seriously? Sensational headlines and juicy wording aren’t a thing in modern media??? Any back on topic, the “executive” said that’s what he’d do or what we should do based on his opinion and supposed others around the league. That’s not saying the Dolphins have made calls to his club, or are engaged in discussion with someone. Hardly hot off the presses story. Could it happen, sure anything is possible. Is it likely, we’ll if you believe McDaniel, Waddle, X, Gesicki, and Hill (guys who actually see him on a daily basis) then you’d have to err on the unlikely side.

umm how exactly did Grier confirm ALL of the Watson rumors from his supposed PC? That’s simply inaccurate at best but most likely hyperbole. Also, living on the extremes is a good look for those disseminating the news? Yikes, best of luck with that. Words like always, all, never are not sensationalism in the context you used them?

As far as denying the Watson rumors, you got me there. While I figured we’d be interested due to Flo and his well documented distaste for Tua, I doubted the actual plausibility of a trade happening due to the legal issues not being nearly resolved enough at the time. So ya I was denying the trade actually being made, not the rumors of the interest.

Sorry I offended you with my reply enough to make it personal. All the best to you and your news outlet.

I do believe you stole that line from Eddie and the Cruisers 2 : Eddie Lives

it's actually "Who are you Segovia? I need you to tell me how to play with my band?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom