RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends
I agree - that post deserves a round of "clap" - LOL

Very much doubt it, Tua is still here with potential to be great on still a rookie contract, Bridgewater is here, giving us hopefully a very capable backup.

Unless Jimmy Garoppolo signs with Miami for far less then he will get anywhere else, him possibly going to Miami smells much like a lazy writer or reporter that just decided Garoppolo and McDaniel reunion made sense to him with no other stories out there.
You are right!
It certainly smells - LOL

Ok, I would do this, if that were close to being true.

This would be a "reasonable" trade to increase our backup QB's trade value.

This is really valuable if our 3rd string QB pans out, like I believe he will. Then we will have more draft capital for next year, along with a potential QB to trade for whatever we can get, which in Garoppolo's case, could be really valuable next year when teams have their cap situation a little less constraining.

Ok the media makes up garbage all the time, or rather embellishes on rumors and hearsay, like the tweet you posted did. Some of it’s true to a certain point, others are pure speculation, again like the tweet. You don’t think the current media culture is about generating clicks and views, seriously? Sensational headlines and juicy wording aren’t a thing in modern media??? Any back on topic, the “executive” said that’s what he’d do or what we should do based on his opinion and supposed others around the league. That’s not saying the Dolphins have made calls to his club, or are engaged in discussion with someone. Hardly hot off the presses story. Could it happen, sure anything is possible. Is it likely, we’ll if you believe McDaniel, Waddle, X, Gesicki, and Hill (guys who actually see him on a daily basis) then you’d have to err on the unlikely side.

umm how exactly did Grier confirm ALL of the Watson rumors from his supposed PC? That’s simply inaccurate at best but most likely hyperbole. Also, living on the extremes is a good look for those disseminating the news? Yikes, best of luck with that. Words like always, all, never are not sensationalism in the context you used them?

As far as denying the Watson rumors, you got me there. While I figured we’d be interested due to Flo and his well documented distaste for Tua, I doubted the actual plausibility of a trade happening due to the legal issues not being nearly resolved enough at the time. So ya I was denying the trade actually being made, not the rumors of the interest.

Sorry I offended you with my reply enough to make it personal. All the best to you and your news outlet.

That article was clickbait at it's finest.

Title of article nowhere near matches the actual story. (Or lack thereof.)

One unnamed source. Horrible journalism 101. (But in today's need to get the info out faster than anyone else, regardless if it's correct, are you really surprised?) A source that ties its opinion of the Fins wanting Jimmy G, to what he thinks other "league circle" opinions are of Jimmy and Tua. Notice how the source said the opinion is from "League circles" not actual front offices. Those are very careful words. What I want to know is what "League Circle Jerk" do people actually think Jimmy G is better than Tua? Probably the one where they don't have NFL jobs anymore. People like Mike Tannebaum is where garbage like this comes from.

If Jimmy G was so wanted, some team would have traded for him this offseason. Someone actually traded for, checks notes; an over the hill Matt Ryan, a washed up Carson Wentz, and a head case like Baker Mayfield for ****s sake. I don't believe for a second McDaniel wants him. Could I be wrong? Possibly, but doubtful.

And then the "source" makes it known he is 100% speculating on how McDaniel feels about Tua. He literally says, I have no clue how he feels about him. Basically admitting he's making the entire thing up. Which is pretty weird considering how McDaniel's has actually backed Tua's abilities up every chance he's gotten this offseason. A drastic, drastic change from the prior head coach.

Every single Fins fan was aware Flo was interested in Watson. It wasn't a rumor. What forgets to be mentioned, is that the GM and owner were not on that page due to the lawsuits Watson was unwilling to resolve. If Watson wouldn't resolve them, the Fins didn't want him. Pretty key piece of information left out. Especially when you consider Flo's toxic attitude to everyone else in the Fins organization.

To me, this is nothing more than an agent putting false information out there to drum up interest for his washed up client. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but this rumor has zero chance of happening.

Last edited:
Doubt that. Grier doing everything to make Tua draft pick make sense.

He'll have this season to prove it but paid Bridgewater a lot of money to be the guy if it doesn't work out early. Garoppolo not in the cards.

These type of rumors keep coming up with Miami.

Ever hear the phrase “where there is smoke, there is fire”?

If this is not true, Miami should quickly refute it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom