RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami

I can see this trade happening. McDaniel is going to be under pressure to win this year and he knows he’s dealing with an extremely erratic owner. Garoppolo is not a franchise quarterback but he’s better than Tua.

This team can get to the Super Bowl with Jimmy G throwing the ball.

I'm not sure why people think this is far fetched for anything other than money reasons. He knows the offense inside and out. He certainly lacks accuracy from time to time but he's poised and has won several big games in his career. This is not out of the realm of possibility. Miami is in win now mode. I could see it happening but has to be the right price.
I get it fans don't want it to happen (I don't). But most fans aren't emotionally stable enough to hear or read something they don't agree with or want to happen and have a normal adult reaction. So they throw a temper tantrum online, claim everything is "fake" and "made up", and call people names. That's all this is. It's the only way some people cope with news or reports or rumors they don't want to happen.

I can see this trade happening. McDaniel is going to be under pressure to win this year and he knows he’s dealing with an extremely erratic owner. Garoppolo is not a franchise quarterback but he’s better than Tua.

This team can get to the Super Bowl with Jimmy G throwing the ball.
Not only an erratic owner, but a newly stacked offense combined with a returning great defense. There is pressure to win now.

Slow news day I suppose.

Short of Tua tearing his ACL walking through the door to training camp we aren't trading for Jimmy G. There really isn't any team that makes sense for Jimmy G right now. Barring an injury he's going to be the 49ers starting QB week 1.

Dolphins are talking to the 49ers about making the Garoppolo trade according to that report.
Guess we'll find out soon. I'm not going to get all hand wringy about it. It's probably to replace Teddy with Jimmy. I'm with McD. Whatever he wants, let's go do it. We're just along for the ride.

Excellent points once again! I have no earthly idea why the op would post this on his site and then post a link here. If you’re going to attempt click bait, at least do it with something of substance from somebody of note, not vague hearsay from a nobody.
Moderator. Ax this post, please. Heavy.com garbage used to instigate riotous banter between posters is not cool. Thanks.

The only tenuous connection is McDaniel.

It makes zero sense.

Jimmy G is not better than Tua and he might not be better than Bridgewater. The success of the 49ers while he played QB was in spite of him not because of him.

IF he could play he would have TWO Super Bowl rings right now.

I get it fans don't want it to happen (I don't). But most fans aren't emotionally stable enough to hear or read something they don't agree with or want to happen and have a normal adult reaction. So they throw a temper tantrum online, claim everything is "fake" and "made up", and call people names. That's all this is. It's the only way some people cope with news or reports or rumors they don't want to happen.
Most trade reports turn out to be nothing more than rumors. However, I think this is a possibility. Where there's smoke, there's a possibility of fire. That's the saying, right?

Jimmy takes a lot of **** but he finds a way to win. The money is concerning but that's the price for veteran QB's. The more concerning thing is his injury history but it can't be worse than the two we have now in terms of injuries.

Agree completely. The reality that most Tua fans don't want to see is that Garopolo is at this point a better QB than Tua. Is Tuas ceiling higher? We all hope so, but its unknown.

Tua is on a short leash regardless, and the Dolphins are going all in to make a competitive playoff team in this loaded AFC.

Here is a stat breakdown from 2021.
View attachment 113504View attachment 113506

That stats are there. You can make an argument that he doesn't show up on the playoffs or big games but neither has Tua. (Titans, Bills, ect...) Also Jimmy G has playoff experience vs none for Tua.

Do I think they trade for him, maybe if Tua falters during the season. But not right now. I'm hoping for the best for Tua but everyone here puts him on this pedestal based on future assumptions.
Too bad for you McD disagrees with your position.

The only tenuous connection is McDaniel.

It makes zero sense.

Jimmy G is not better than Tua and he might not be better than Bridgewater. The success of the 49ers while he played QB was in spite of him not because of him.

IF he could play he would have TWO Super Bowl rings right now.
He is better than Tua. Stop it. He's also won several huge games in his career. Let's not pretend here.

Back
Top Bottom