RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami

These type of rumors keep coming up with Miami.

Ever hear the phrase “where there is smoke, there is fire”?
Agree completely. The reality that most Tua fans don't want to see is that Garopolo is at this point a better QB than Tua. Is Tuas ceiling higher? We all hope so, but its unknown.

Tua is on a short leash regardless, and the Dolphins are going all in to make a competitive playoff team in this loaded AFC.

Here is a stat breakdown from 2021.
20220721_114320.jpg20220721_114453.jpg

That stats are there. You can make an argument that he doesn't show up on the playoffs or big games but neither has Tua. (Titans, Bills, ect...) Also Jimmy G has playoff experience vs none for Tua.

Do I think they trade for him, maybe if Tua falters during the season. But not right now. I'm hoping for the best for Tua but everyone here puts him on this pedestal based on future assumptions.

Attachments

• 20220721_114335.jpg
    20220721_114335.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
First off, it's not "clickbait" for DolphinsTalk, he simply posted the tweet and some comments that were made. We have a working relationship with DolphinsTalk and he is free to post and link articles from his site here anytime he wishes. It's not for clicks but for the benefit of our posters.
You and others may not feel this is newsworthy but it is out in the national news cycle, and whether we like it or not, that does make it newsworthy. We don't filter news around here to our liking, good news, bad news, and speculative news are all topics for discussion. This is a Miami Dolphins discussion board.
Don't shoot the messenger...

Fair enough

Agree completely. The reality that most Tua fans don't want to see is that Garopolo is at this point a better QB than Tua. Is Tuas ceiling higher? We all hope so, but its unknown.

Tua is on a short leash regardless, and the Dolphins are going all in to make a competitive playoff team in this loaded AFC.

Here is a stat breakdown from 2021.
View attachment 113504View attachment 113506

That stats are there. You can make an argument that he doesn't show up on the playoffs or big games but neither has Tua. (Titans, Bills, ect...) Also Jimmy G has playoff experience vs none for Tua.

Do I think they trade for him, maybe if Tua falters during the season. But not right now. I'm hoping for the best for Tua but everyone here puts him on this pedestal based on future assumptions.
And he played that well with just the 49'ers.
Can you imagine what his stats would look like playin under Flores here the last two years? - LOL

That is actually true. Jimmy has in fact accomplished more than Tua since he does have a super bowl appearance. But Jimmy has also accomplished more than Hubert, Mac Jones, Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence and even Deshawn Watson, for that matter. Hmm I wonder if he is in trade talks with all of them as well.
So I guess in this reporters eyes, Jimmy G has the exact same pedigree as Marino. They both managed to lose a super bowl, so they are the exact same guy, and both are lower than Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson who were able to win a super bowl. Got it, it all makes perfect sense now.

That is actually true. Jimmy has in fact accomplished more than Tua since he does have a super bowl appearance. But Jimmy has also accomplished more than Hubert, Mac Jones, Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence and even Deshawn Watson, for that matter. Hmm I wonder if he is in trade talks with all of them as well.
So I guess in this reporters eyes, Jimmy G has the exact same pedigree as Marino. They both managed to lose a super bowl, so they are the exact same guy, and both are lower than Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson who were able to win a super bowl. Got it, it all makes perfect sense now.
Compare Jimmy G to Tua. No one else.

Watson, Brady, Jimmy G.. All going to be our QB according to the press. Still waiting for the press to be right about something. The fact they are reporting it means there is zero truth to it. From all accounts the coaching staff and players are very confident with what they have in Tua. Jimmy G isn't even an upgrade lol..

Watson, Brady, Jimmy G.. All going to be our QB according to the press. Still waiting for the press to be right about something. The fact they are reporting it means there is zero truth to it. From all accounts the coaching staff and players are very confident with what they have in Tua. Jimmy G isn't even an upgrade lol..
Lol. What are you basing the fact that Jimmy G isn't an upgrade. Is it just your opinion? Can you please elaborate where Tua Currently and not "hope" is better than Jimmy G.

This is what annoys me, this isn't click bait. This is a report you don't want to believe, a move you don't want to see your favorite team make, so you are going to call it click bait and dismiss it and just brush it off as "fake" or "made up".

On January 9th if there was a report Miami was going to fire Brian Flores, you (and others) would have been screaming its click bait, not happening, this is dumb. You would have attacked the reporter and called him childish names. Then on Jan 10th when Flores was actually fired and it caught everyone by surprise then what? You all go run into a hole and hide. The vocal "haters" who like to bash reporters and claim everything is "click bait" (by the way learn what click bait is before you use the term) are just disgruntled fans with hurt feelings hoping the report "doesn't happen" cause they don't want it to happen.

What we lived through all of 2021 with the Watson rumors. Fans attacked the reporters, claimed it was all click bait and "made up". Threw temper tantrums online and cursed people out. THEN...........fast forward to the day after the NFL Trade Deadline and Chris Grier gets in front of a podium at a press conference and admits Miami was talking to Houston for months about possibly trading for Watson but they couldn't work out a deal. IT WAS ALL TRUE! Every report, rumor, story was 100% true and Grier confirmed it! I am sure you claiming for months all of those reporters were just doing "click bait" apologized to everyone. SMH. Yeah probably not.

Fans do this all the time now, see a news item or report, they don't want it to happen so lets just call it click bait and dismiss it as BS, call a reporter some names, and shout them down to make yourself feel better on the inside and cope with this story that I hope doesn't happen may actually happen. It's sad actually.

Here is the thing, just because you don't want Miami to trade for JimmyG (and I don't) doesn't mean the report is false or its click bait. NO reporter.....TRUST ME, no reporter who makes their living covering the NFL, is going to risk their job making up a fake story on JimmyG and the Miami Dolphins. Nobody cares about either JimmyG or the Fins enough to do such a thing. This isn't a story that will generate millions of clicks and make the reporter a millionare overnight. It's a throw away story on a marginal QB and a team that has been bad for 20+ years. They won't risk their mortgage, their source of income, how they provide for their wife and kids, and their job over such a thing. It's not happening.

This is just a reporter doing his job on a story that really isn't anything that special. He is hearing thing from sources, he reported it and its not that big a deal.

So instead of claiming "click bait" and this is BS and calling reporters names, maybe take a step back take a deep breath and understand, wow didn't see a report like this coming. I hope its not true. let's see where it goes. And maybe not attack reporters and others who are just sharing information they have been told and are doing their job.
I'm not sure why people think this is far fetched for anything other than money reasons. He knows the offense inside and out. He certainly lacks accuracy from time to time but he's poised and has won several big games in his career. This is not out of the realm of possibility. Miami is in win now mode. I could see it happening but has to be the right price.

Compare Jimmy G to Tua. No one else.
Compare also the supporting cast of players and coaches of Miami and SF.

SF had a real O coaching staff designing and calling plays, Miami well not so much.

SF had the 3rd ranked OL anchored by the top graded tackle in FB. Miami the worst graded OL in 20 years. (PFF)

SF had the 7th ranked rushing O, Miami 30th. Helps a QB a little when the D actually has to commit guys to stop the run.

SF O generates a lot of YAC. Look at Deebo, 8.3 YBC/R and 10 YAC/R. Kettle 6.5 YBC/R and 6.3 YAC/R. Aiyuk 8.6 YBC/R and 6.2 YAC/R. Waddle 5.5 YBC/R and 4.2 YAC/R. Gesicki 7.7 YBC/R and 3.0 YAC/R. Parker 10.3 YBC/R and 2.6 YAC/R. Those are the top 3 targeted players for each team.

Look stats matter but they also need context. If you use stats and only stats to evaluate a player that is called Fantasy Football. To evaluate a NFL player you use stats and need to watch the games they play. Jimmy's stats are inflated by his team. Tua's team did him no such thing at all.

Compare also the supporting cast of players and coaches of Miami and SF.

SF had a real O coaching staff designing and calling plays, Miami well not so much.

SF had the 3rd ranked OL anchored by the top graded tackle in FB. Miami the worst graded OL in 20 years. (PFF)

SF had the 7th ranked rushing O, Miami 30th. Helps a QB a little when the D actually has to commit guys to stop the run.

SF O generates a lot of YAC. Look at Deebo, 8.3 YBC/R and 10 YAC/R. Kettle 6.5 YBC/R and 6.3 YAC/R. Aiyuk 8.6 YBC/R and 6.2 YAC/R. Waddle 5.5 YBC/R and 4.2 YAC/R. Gesicki 7.7 YBC/R and 3.0 YAC/R. Parker 10.3 YBC/R and 2.6 YAC/R. Those are the top 3 targeted players for each team.

Look stats matter but they also need context. If you use stats and only stats to evaluate a player that is called Fantasy Football. To evaluate a NFL player you use stats and need to watch the games they play. Jimmy's stats are inflated by his team. Tua's team did him no such thing at all.
SF YAC per reception: 6.6(1st in NFL)
Fins YAC per reception: 4.3(30th in NFL)

Thats more than 2 full yards per reception...

Back
Top Bottom