Ryan Tannehill currently has 4th highest YPA in NFL | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill currently has 4th highest YPA in NFL

So true, remember when I think it was PFF rated our WR group low and people thought that was totally unfair?

you can see why Stills wasn't a favorite of Drew in NO. Hoping Parker can assert himself more and dominant on some of these plays he should- will it come? I hope so.

I agree 100 percent.

And on DVP, I have full hopes that he will blossom into a star 2 WR.

The problem is: Miami has already slotted him as a 1 -- with the three high draft pick choice of Carroo -- sinking next year's draft doubling down on stupid for Carroo to be an instant high 2, to DVP's 1.

It's mind boggling. It's doing to the WR unit (and team as a whole, by wasting three high draft picks on a non-need, non-high-return player) what Philbin/Ireland/Tannenbaum did for YEARS at the OL and LB and all backup spots on the team: put players in there that ONLY THEY highly valued, who are counterproductive to team success. Low ceiling. Non impact. Non playmaker players being made starters because of some draft position or myopic front office disease.

DVP will be a great 2. He'll never be a GREAT 1, simply because he's severely limited in some ways. LOS and crunched down red zone, he's fighting an uphill battle. Not physical enough and not quick twitch enough to dominate in a phone booth. However, between the 20s he can be a stud. And on the longer passes into the end zone, over 12-15+ yards. Which leaves the problem of Miami needing a 1 -- and yet investing three high draft picks in a 3-4-5 player, pretending that he's a 2. It's laughable.

Miami with DVP as 2, some legit 1 currently not on roster, Landry as a three and Grant as a four? Now that would be a killer WR group. Grant needs to be part of offensive package no matter what. But losing Stills and replacing him with a legit 1 immediately makes this an NFL WR corps -- IF DVP develops beyond what he currently is.

Carroo needs to be a 5 or spot replace WR. He's not high NFL talent. He's a pedestrian, lunch pail player in the NFL. DEFINITELY not a three draft pick player worthy of trashing the 2017 draft over.

LD

I have a slightly different take on RT. I do believe he is going to be a very late bloomer - as in his best years will be when he's 30-35 when the game has really slowed down for him. Question is who he'll be playing for...

I've always said this.

I expect his career to mirror Alex Smith. Smith was in SF for 6 or 7 years before he started to "get it". By the time he "got it", the 49ers were ready to replace him (during a season in which he hadn't lost a game as a starter), and he went on to have success in KC.

Ridiculous drops this year... Although the INT rate does need to be fixed somewhat...

We're 18th in the league for dropped passes percentage (2.7%), which isn't terrible, they just stand out more because we have more invested in them.

We're 18th in the league for dropped passes percentage (2.7%), which isn't terrible, they just stand out more because we have more invested in them.
Was very surprised to see that, so I went lookking for the source of this, found them at sporting charts. They have us at 5 drops total, now I dont have access to the games as I dont record them, but it sure feels like we have dropped alot more than 5 passes this season, I mean just last game there were at least 3 drops and at the very least 2 per games in the prior games...

Im trying to find the stat for dropped TDs with no success yet, I'll keep looking as those where the one I was talking about in my previous post.

Was very surprised to see that, so I went lookking for the source of this, foind them at sporting charts. They have us at 5 drops total, now I dont have access to the games as I dont record them, but it sure feels like we have dropped alot more than 5 passes this season, I mean just last game there were at least 3 drops and at the very least 2 per games in the prior games...

Im trying to find the stat for dropped TDs with no success yet, I'll keep looking as those where the one I was talking about in my previous post.

They pull their info from STATS (the company, not yelling at you :lol: ). Whatever methodology they have that would skew the data would skew it for all teams.

It seems like more because we watch through biased eyes and assume the WRs are worse than other teams, particularly when it's coming to the defense of the QB.

As for dropped TDs, we're not the only ones with WRs who drop TDs. Those passes are more contested with more on the line, so of course they have a higher likelihood of being dropped.

They pull their info from STATS (the company, not yelling at you :lol: ). Whatever methodology they have that would skew the data would skew it for all teams.

It seems like more because we watch through biased eyes and assume the WRs are worse than other teams, particularly when it's coming to the defense of the QB.

As for dropped TDs, we're not the only ones with WRs who drop TDs. Those passes are more contested with more on the line, so of course they have a higher likelihood of being dropped.

I just finished rewatching all of the snaps from week 1 through 4 thanks to dnespins youtube channel... Up to that point I've counted 3 drops. Unfortunately he doesnt have week five on there and Im not going to bother with week 6 as the 5 drops seem reasonable enough.... So yeah, I just proved myself wrong...

it about winning... Dak is rookie and he got dallas fans acting crazy. we not playing fantasy football

it about winning... Dak is rookie and he got dallas fans acting crazy. we not playing fantasy football
Let me use a line of thinking I saw a few times this week:
Tim Tebo could be dominating with the talent on that team

I just finished rewatching all of the snaps from week 1 through 4 thanks to dnespins youtube channel... Up to that point I've counted 3 drops. Unfortunately he doesnt have week five on there and Im not going to bother with week 6 as the 5 drops seem reasonable enough.... So yeah, I just proved myself wrong...

As punishment you have to watch game 5...

Let me use a line of thinking I saw a few times this week:
Tim Tebo could be dominating with the talent on that team

The Jets had zilch to lose when Tebow was there, still don't know why they didn't throw him out there just to test it.

The consensus on the Dallas QB situation seems to be that you keep Romo on the bench until Dak falls off or is injured. I agree. Prescott has the benefit of a great OC, OL, and group of RB's. Still, he has a bottom-5 WR unit (with Bryant out), and his poise is rare. Yes, credit the strengths of Dallas for aiding in this, but few QB's have the instinct for making the necessary play like Prescott - forgetting that he's a rookie.

Tannehill, like the team, has been up and down. If Tannehill has a ground game that allows him to work off play action and helps keep 3rd Down manageable, he should play better on a consistent basis. In Week 12, we'll start to get a better idea of what we have in Gase and Joseph. Now, it's too early to react strongly to good or bad weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom