Ryan Tannehill | Page 52 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Sounds like Russell Wilson yet the Seahawks have lost 3 games and are 17th in points per game, 27th in total yards and pass yards. Whether it's Tannehill or another guy we need to start getting something serviceable from the offensive line. Our lines had no talent outside of Vernon Carey under Hudson Houck yet as a unit he produced better than anything we've seen the last ten years.
The dolphins over the past decade or more have been unable to solidify the OL so at this point it would be best to draft a qb that can overcome OL incompetence and injuries. Having said that the OL still needs to be improved through next years draft and/ or FA.

The dolphins over the past decade or more have been unable to solidify the OL so at this point it would be best to draft a qb that can overcome OL incompetence and injuries. Having said that the OL still needs to be improved through next years draft and/ or FA.
I think his point was that no QB can do that. Even the GOAT couldn’t do it a few years back.

I think his point was that no QB can do that. Even the GOAT couldn’t do it a few years back.
The problem is a lot of people think that a quarterback can overcome an Oline incompetence. I’ll be the first to admit that he hasn’t played well but I expected this, I figured it would take him at least six or seven games to get his feel for the game back. People who thought or expected him to jump right in like he hasn’t missed a beat are kidding themselves.

The problem is a lot of people think that a quarterback can overcome an Oline incompetence. I’ll be the first to admit that he hasn’t played well but I expected this, I figured it would take him at least six or seven games to get his feel for the game back. People who thought or expected him to jump right in like he hasn’t missed a beat are kidding themselves.

Hard to get your feel back for the game if you never had one

Travis even you can see that the first three quarters (and for the past seven years) that the RT led offenses never consistently produce points.

This is simply not true. When the OL was decent, he led offenses that consistently produced points. That is just a fact.

Final quarter, why? 3/4 with great protection and tannehill led us to hope many points?

10 more than the bengals which was all that ma
I agree that he's capable of better. And I'm not out with the pitchforks as such. But I do think it's time they draft his replacement. I don't think he's as good as some people on here, even with everything perfect. I mean, his protection was pretty good for most of the game. Perfect? No. Was he sacked and hurried? Yes. But so are most qbs in the league every week. I don't think we'll ever be perfect, so we need to strive for a QB who will do better.

See I can get behind a post like this. Its reasonable. Even though I might not agree with everything, its not the same condescending BS from the out in left field ANTI Tanne crowd. I am at the point where if we don't see improvement throughout the year, than we need to look for a replacement. Ideally that replacement would be in 2020 with a much better QB crop coming out. Although I think its a mute point because we will see improvement once we get healthy on the oline (and parker long shot and derby)and maybe an injury from Tannehill where the severity of the injury hasnt been fully disclosed (CK mentioned it today).

Is Drake done too or are you making excuses for him? 0.6 YPC against the Raiders and 1.0 against the Pats. He is averaging 50 yards per game. 1 rushing TD in 5 games. He sucks too? Right?
How much is Drake earning this year compared to Tannehill? How much next year? How important a position is the RB compared to the QB?

Drake is under performing, but as mentioned, he's relatively young and untested.

Tannehill has had more than enough time. The excuses need to stop. Salguero and Beasley made a good point. Even people who like Tannehill claim he needs everything to be right. Good protection, good play calling, good run game, good receivers etc to be able to be good. There are plenty other QBs out there who can be effective for all that. Do we even know Fales can't do it, with everything right?

What we need is someone who can make plays when things fall apart. And as we're seeing with Ryan this year, that doesn't appear to be him.

How much is Drake earning this year compared to Tannehill? How much next year? How important a position is the RB compared to the QB?

Drake is under performing, but as mentioned, he's relatively young and untested.

Tannehill has had more than enough time. The excuses need to stop. Salguero and Beasley made a good point. Even people who like Tannehill claim he needs everything to be right. Good protection, good play calling, good run game, good receivers etc to be able to be good. There are plenty other QBs out there who can be effective for all that. Do we even know Fales can't do it, with everything right?

What we need is someone who can make plays when things fall apart. And as we're seeing with Ryan this year, that doesn't appear to be him.

Drake sucks. Cut him now. Needs a perfect OL to do anything. We need a RB that can make something happen. The good RBs do that all the time.

Back
Top Bottom