Saban “I hate it...” | Page 145 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

It all depends on what's the goal is for this season, Fitzpatrick isn't good enough to build around, Rosen hasn't competed enough but he's good to build your team around, let's be honest the team stunk last season not because of Rosen or Fitzpatrick or the Running backs, it was because of the very offensive line that couldn't out of it's own way. Make no difference who is the QB or Running back is if there isn't any blocking.
Our goal should be win this yr. We add some good pieces too this team. Than next yr replace Fitzpatrick. .by 2021 this team should be ready. 25 draft pick in next 2 yr.

Interesting to note that we still have $39.98M in available cap space. This is currently second only to the Browns ($48M).

We’ll use some picks to move up and or trade for extra supply for next year, no way we’ll pick 14 players
It could go the other way too brother whether we get more picks this year or next year. This team will not let the number of picks limit what they do whether it is to stay where they are, move up or down. They have a whole lot of flexibility to make this team better.

Last edited:
It could go the other way too brother whether we get more picks this year or next year. This team will not let the number of picks limit what they do whether it is to stay where they are, move up or down. They have a whole lot of flexibility to make this team better.
Agreed and movement other than up from 5 is a strong possibility. As you said the flexibility we have this year and next is a breath of fresh air so I hope we continue with effective moves

just saw this 3 round mock, and tbh im not too mad

5. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (Chargers traded to 3 giving up 6, their 2nd this year and their 1st and 2nd next year to get Tua)

18. Josh Jones, LT, Houston

26. AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa

39. De'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia

56. Lloyd Cushenberry III, C, LSU

70. Kyle Dugger, SS, Lenoir-Rhyne

It would help me to know where the Dolphin brass envision the players on the OL and DL. Where do they see Davis and Deiter playing? Do they see Deiter as a OG or will they move him to C or see him as a backup for multiple positions. On the DL- what are they going to run primarily? I know it will be a hybrid but don't they really need a NT? Do they need another pass rushing OLB or are they happy with what they have? I have to add this- will they chance drafting a QB with a significant injury history?

It would help me to know where the Dolphin brass envision the players on the OL and DL. Where do they see Davis and Deiter playing? Do they see Deiter as a OG or will they move him to C or see him as a backup for multiple positions. On the DL- what are they going to run primarily? I know it will be a hybrid but don't they really need a NT? Do they need another pass rushing OLB or are they happy with what they have? I have to add this- will they chance drafting a QB with a significant injury history?

I think if they resign John Jenkins . . . you basically complete your front 7. Add some day 3 picks/UDFAs to compete for depth spots and maybe uncover a gem or two.

FS needs to be day 2 in the draft. You will find a starter, a good one, in the second round. That completes the defense for me.

The primary day 1/2 focus should be QB, OT, OC/OG and FS. Knock out those 4 and try to obtain a 2021 day 1/2 pick as well and preserve these assets.

Day 3 you take advantage of the depth at WR/RB and add to your roster. At WR if a special guy rears his head in the first 2 days and you are on the clock, I mean I understand, but RB I'm very content with day 3.

Deiter, Davis, Davenport will all be on this line in 2020. What they end up playing will depend on their improvement and the guys we bring in.

I think if they resign John Jenkins . . . you basically complete your front 7. Add some day 3 picks/UDFAs to compete for depth spots and maybe uncover a gem or two.

FS needs to be day 2 in the draft. You will find a starter, a good one, in the second round. That completes the defense for me.

The primary day 1/2 focus should be QB, OT, OC/OG and FS. Knock out those 4 and try to obtain a 2021 day 1/2 pick as well and preserve these assets.

Day 3 you take advantage of the depth at WR/RB and add to your roster. At WR if a special guy rears his head in the first 2 days and you are on the clock, I mean I understand, but RB I'm very content with day 3.

Deiter, Davis, Davenport will all be on this line in 2020. What they end up playing will depend on their improvement and the guys we bring in.
I agree. I think day 2 is where Miami looks to draft a RB, Safety
And OC? I think pick #26 could be for sale? Especially if Miami gets the QB and OT at #5 and #18. Trading pick 26 may get them some extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, where most of the depth is in this draft.

I agree. I think day 2 is where Miami looks to draft a RB, Safety
And OC? I think pick #26 could be for sale? Especially if Miami gets the QB and OT at #5 and #18. Trading pick 26 may get them some extra picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, where most of the depth is in this draft.

I'm less on the draft RB bandwagon early than most. I like the depth of this class. Once you signed a FA like Howard you gave yourself the opportunity to draft one on day 3, in addition to Laird/Gaskins/Cox (gonna assume Ballage is done). This is a position that Miami can draft every year on day 3 and always keep fresh.

There is just a limited upside to taking RB early. Its a 3 year window. If he is good and healthy, you will have to break the bank or risk a holdout. If he is average at best he plays out his contract and you have a drafted guy on the cheap to take his place. If he isn't good you cut bait. Many good RBs are had on day 3 . . . heck KC just had Damian Williams basically be the star at RB . . . a guy we discarded.

I'm not saying completely ignore it on day 2 . . . but understand priorities should lie at FS/OL and even WR if the right one is available. RB is down on the list.

I don't know what my limit would be on how much I'd give up for Deshaun Watson. Not sure there is a limit.

Hopefully he keeps making noise.

DO you guys think the Jags would be willing to trade up to 5 for 9, 20, and a 2021 first round pick? In GM mode right now and if they did we could then turn around and trade down the 20th pick for a 2021 1st, and a 2nd this year. We would have 4 2021 1st, and could use a couple of those to trade up for #1 for Lawerence. This year we could use 9 for one of the big 4 OT, 18 for maybe Kinlaw, and 26 for another OT or S. Okay guys, pick this apart.

Back
Top Bottom