Sarkisian to replace Gailey? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sarkisian to replace Gailey?

No matter who they bring in to replace Gailey it needs to be done after this season. The Dolphins need an OC who will be around for several seasons so the players on offense don’t have to learn a new offensive system every year. Flores has been here two years and the offense has changed both years.

Gailey isn’t the long term answer as the OC because of his age and hopefully Flores and Gailey will come to the conclusion that the Dolphins need to bring in an OC who is better at developing Tua. Gailey has never been that effective in developing young QB’s and has always tended to prefer veteran QB’s on the teams he has coached. I think Sarkisian would be a great choice to take over as OC but I just don’t know if he will want to leave Alabama.

Hear me out.... Fitz as OC?
With all his children and the time coaches have to put in, I seriously doubt Fitzpatrick will want to be an NFL coach. He is Harvard educated and has millions of Dollars from all his years in the NFL. He will either decide to keep playing after this season or he will just retire and live in Tampa while enjoying spending time with his wife and children.
I suspect he will eventually decide to use his degree to get into the business world but I just don’t see him being a coach unless he decides to coach his children if they are involved in sports.

Last edited:
What’s the obsession w replacing Gailey?

Anyone look at our PPG, TOP, Red Zone, 3rd/4th down conversion % (over 41%) etc? Anyone recall the last time we were so favorable in these categories?

Anyone realize we are 10-5?

With rookies, a limp noodle armed old QB who was never good even in his prime, a VERY raw rookie, rookie OL and UFDA RBs, a WR who couldn’t even stay on NEs roster after they traded for him, TEs named Smythe and Shaheen, WR named Mack Hollins etc.

Gailey has been the MVP of the offense. And people want to move on because he’s old. Old = experience. How do you think all these young “gurus” would have fared w this cast of offensive players???

Is it because Tua isn’t magically the 2nd coming of Dan Marino? Reality check - he’s not. No one is. This is the best out offense has performed in 20 seasons. 20 seasons. When Chan Gailey was the OC. Hmmm. I don’t get it.

What’s the obsession w replacing Gailey?

Anyone look at our PPG, TOP, Red Zone, 3rd/4th down conversion % (over 41%) etc? Anyone recall the last time we were so favorable in these categories?

Anyone realize we are 10-5?

With rookies, a limp noodle armed old QB who was never good even in his prime, a VERY raw rookie, rookie OL and UFDA RBs, a WR who couldn’t even stay on NEs roster after they traded for him, TEs named Smythe and Shaheen, WR named Mack Hollins etc.

Gailey has been the MVP of the offense. And people want to move on because he’s old. Old = experience. How do you think all these young “gurus” would have fared w this cast of offensive players???

Is it because Tua isn’t magically the 2nd coming of Dan Marino? Reality check - he’s not. No one is. This is the best out offense has performed in 20 seasons. 20 seasons. When Chan Gailey was the OC. Hmmm. I don’t get it.

I think It may be more about this being a one year deal to begin with and Chan retiring due to the state of the world today and him being elderly

A lot of rumors is you'll see Godsey become the OC coach or at least be moved to QB coach. He was OC in name only with Houston, but he has been working with Tua even after Robby Brown (current QB coach) was able to return to team.

As for Sark? Good on him for beating his demons. I think he was unfairly scapegoated by Atlanta (though in fairness anybody would be a downgrade from Kyle Shanahan) so I think he would be a solid addition... but this is all based off of a picture of Ross talking to him during the Bowl Game last January

I think It may be more about this being a one year deal to begin with and Chan retiring due to the state of the world today and him being elderly
More like Chan was only brought here for Fitz....you build a offense for your QB of the future...not a journey man for a one and done playoff shot.

A lot of rumors is you'll see Godsey become the OC coach or at least be moved to QB coach. He was OC in name only with Houston, but he has been working with Tua even after Robby Brown (current QB coach) was able to return to team.

As for Sark? Good on him for beating his demons. I think he was unfairly scapegoated by Atlanta (though in fairness anybody would be a downgrade from Kyle Shanahan) so I think he would be a solid addition... but this is all based off of a picture of Ross talking to him during the Bowl Game last January
That probably had more to do with asking about Tua..than a job..

How hard is it to be OC for bama. I can be OC for bama with all that talent..
Then why are you not the OC if its that easy...but alass,you are just like me....fans on a message board...

There is not another McVay/Kyle S/LaFleur out there... is there?

Might I suggest Darrell Bevel who was the OC for a young R Wilson?

Haha, Alabama isn't going to replace Saban with Sarkisian who has been a failure of a head coach.
Tell you what I'll do....I'll bet my membership here on Finheaven,that Sark is the next headcoach of Bama in four years.
If he isn't ...You guys will not have to deal with me anymore..

Back
Top Bottom