Sarkisian to replace Gailey? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sarkisian to replace Gailey?

Chan has done a good job with this offense. I would like him and Fitz back next year.

I mean, I would. I'd rather be #2 on an up and coming affluent NFL team coaching a player(s potentially after draft) I know I can win with that can launch me into stardom,. Or, I can stay in my double wide with the simpletons hoping Saban dies of a hair plug surgery or cow flipping.
Must be thinking of Auburn...but your a Gator fan.....ill excuse it..

okay so you’re telling me the only reason we drafted Christian Wilkins because of Marlon Hobby?

just because they have been together does not mean that it was short sighted. It adds to the fact that the comfort and maturity would help Tua understand and learn in a grown up atmosphere
That doesn't make sense...Fitz was already here...Flo got rid of a OC...to go hire a OC ..thats only connect to this franchise is Fitz.
How does it help tua to put him in a offense designed for Fitz and not to Tua's strengths?

What’s the obsession w replacing Gailey?

Anyone look at our PPG, TOP, Red Zone, 3rd/4th down conversion % (over 41%) etc? Anyone recall the last time we were so favorable in these categories?

Anyone realize we are 10-5?

With rookies, a limp noodle armed old QB who was never good even in his prime, a VERY raw rookie, rookie OL and UFDA RBs, a WR who couldn’t even stay on NEs roster after they traded for him, TEs named Smythe and Shaheen, WR named Mack Hollins etc.

Gailey has been the MVP of the offense. And people want to move on because he’s old. Old = experience. How do you think all these young “gurus” would have fared w this cast of offensive players???

Is it because Tua isn’t magically the 2nd coming of Dan Marino? Reality check - he’s not. No one is. This is the best out offense has performed in 20 seasons. 20 seasons. When Chan Gailey was the OC. Hmmm. I don’t get it.
The offense certainly isn’t terrible with Gailey but I also haven’t seen much development of Tua with Gailey as the OC. He seems to have a completely different offense when Fitzpatrick is playing and he seems to call a better game when Fitzpatrick is the QB. Yet Fitzpatrick is not the future at QB for the Dolphins and Gailey doesn’t have a history of developing young QB’s.

I am not sure how Gailey has been the MVP of the offense. Since he isn’t on the field throwing the ball, running with the ball, blocking for anyone or catching a pass. He is a very averaged OC and the reason the Dolphins are 10-5 is because they have a defense that has given up the fewest points in the NFL this season and their special teams played great earlier in the season.

I actually thought the offense over the latter part of the 2019 season was better than the offense this season and Flores fired Chad O’Shea right after the season was over.

The offense certainly isn’t terrible with Gailey but I also haven’t seen much development of Tua with Gailey as the OC. He seems to have a completely different offense when Fitzpatrick is playing and he seems to call a better game when Fitzpatrick is the QB. Yet Fitzpatrick is not the future at QB for the Dolphins and Gailey doesn’t have a history of developing young QB’s.

I am not sure how Gailey has been the MVP of the offense. Since he isn’t on the field throwing the ball, running with the ball, blocking for anyone or catching a pass. He is a very averaged OC and the reason the Dolphins are 10-5 is because they have a defense that has given up the fewest points in the NFL this season and their special teams played great earlier in the season.

I actually thought the offense over the latter part of the 2019 season was better than the offense this season and Flores fired Chad O’Shea right after the season was over.

Just the eyeball test . . . it seems RF calls frequent audibles - TT not so much. Is it play-calling or more freedom for RF

Just the eyeball test . . . it seems RF calls frequent audibles - TT not so much. Is it play-calling or more freedom for RF
i've never seen Fitz have to hand the ball up the middle two times in a row.

IDK - O’Shea produced no run game w Fitz our leading rusher at 243 yards. Our 3rd down conversion % was not as good either. As for developing Tua, he’s called excellent games helping Tua minimize mistakes. Tua is raw and really isn’t ready yet. He has a position coach to work with on his development. I don’t know how much OCs “develop” players. IMO Gailey has been a master this season - w literally Zero talent to work with. Gase would be 2-14 w this offense. I’m not sure what people expect - certainly not 10-11 wins.

With Fitzpatrick’s experience in the NFL and his numerous years in the Gailey offense he certainly is able to call audibles to get into a better play against certain defenses. Tua on the other hand doesn’t appear to have that same freedom to audible out of a play call but that appears to be a common practice with rookie QB’s inThe NFL.
‘With more experience in the NFL he will soon be given the responsibility of calling audibles.

IDK - O’Shea produced no run game w Fitz our leading rusher at 243 yards. Our 3rd down conversion % was not as good either. As for developing Tua, he’s called excellent games helping Tua minimize mistakes. Tua is raw and really isn’t ready yet. He has a position coach to work with on his development. I don’t know how much OCs “develop” players. IMO Gailey has been a master this season - w literally Zero talent to work with. Gase would be 2-14 w this offense. I’m not sure what people expect - certainly not 10-11 wins.
O'Shea had Kalen Ballage and a makeshift oline last year.

My problem is that Gailey has a track record of ruining young QBs, which is how he has such a great rapport with Fitz.

Tua needs to play better, no doubt. I just feel like Gailey is hindering him more than helping.

O'Shea had Kalen Ballage and a makeshift oline last year.

My problem is that Gailey has a track record of ruining young QBs, which is how he has such a great rapport with Fitz.

Tua needs to play better, no doubt. I just feel like Gailey is hindering him more than helping.
I respect that. But I’d argue two UDFA backs aren’t much better than what we had last year. And we had Drake for a while too. I think the notion that Gailey is hindering Tua is more speculation than anything. It could be he’s just not ready. The plays are there but he’s not making them down the field. All the OC can do is call plays that put you in the best chance to have success and the fact he’s manufacturing so much offense w both Fitz and Tua + way below average talent speaks volumes of the job he’s done IMO.

I'd guess that Chan is sticking around another year and they already have an internal candidate in mind for when he leaves. I wouldn't downplay the significance of continuity and the idea of building a system around the franchise QB rather than trying to find the next young up and comer who has had success with different personnel.

Gailey has had a very productive year. I was not his biggest fan (still am not really), but he has proven very adept at tailoring our offense around doing what our players can do. Yes that includes both QB's, but also extends to our RB's who have overperformed, our young OL where nobody played next to anyone on either side of them last year, and our exceptional production from the entire TE room (Gesicki, Hollins, Smythe, and Shaheen). All in all, Gailey has had a fantastic season. But, at his age, he's not staying forever. Coach Flo would be wise to size up new OC candidates in case Gailey re-retires.

Pretty much Head coach in waiting at Alabama......Yea...he'll give that up to be OC at Miami..
Lol, Nicky ain’t leaving or retiring any time soon. He’ll never be able to replicate what he’s got at Bama and he knows that. Sark could come and take the Miami OC job, get a bump in pay, and if things went well with Tua, have a bunch of NFL HC offers come rolling in while still being the #1 choice to replace Saban when he does decide to retire.

Back
Top Bottom